Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8906080 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17910 on: November 23, 2023, 02:38:37 pm »
Chuck that is so exciting to hear! We'll look forward to the instant recap and color coverage!!!!  :)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #17911 on: November 23, 2023, 03:15:25 pm »
Way to go, Chuckie!!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17912 on: November 23, 2023, 05:05:37 pm »
Exciting news indeed, Chuck!

Congrats on getting hold of those tickets!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17913 on: November 23, 2023, 11:33:23 pm »
Marvelous news about the tickets!  :D

And that chocolate roll looks pretty good.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17914 on: November 24, 2023, 12:26:46 pm »
How fun, Chuck! It's nice to have an interest that allows you to take occasional short but fun trips.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17915 on: November 24, 2023, 11:22:38 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

So today (Friday) was the day I took down and packed away Thanksgiving.  I also decided that I would start my Christmas decorating.  As of now (10:30pm) I got the lights up in the windows, my kitchen counter is decorated, as are the end table, coffee table, and Rudolph plush are out.

The tree is a work in progress.  It's up, and the lights are strung, and some of the ornaments are on.  More will go on tomorrow, and then, if I'm in the mood, hang the tinsel.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17916 on: December 14, 2023, 11:32:00 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

How is everyone doing?

I hope those who celebrate, are having a great Hanukkah!

Next is Yule on the Solstice, and then Christmas.

We have 4 cookies done so far (Chocolate Chip, Italian Christmas, Pumpkin Spice, and Peppermint Candy Cans and Stars.   This weekend we'll be making the sugar cookies and corn flake wreaths, and they'll be ready to be given out on Monday and Tuesday.

All of the gifts I have ordered (except for 1) have arrived, and I can start wrapping.

The last 25 cards were written and addressed tonight, adn will be dropped in the mail tomorrow. 

I'm on vacation next week, but Monday is the holiday luncheon at my job, so I'll be there for that.  Tuesday night is the last bowling night of the season, and then I think I'm done with everything, and can relax until Christmas.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17917 on: December 16, 2023, 11:41:21 am »
Thanks for the catch-up. I think I'm doing all right, considering I have to buy for 16 people now, with all these grandchildren! They are good about making wish lists so that helps. When I order online, though, I'm usually disappointed in the results. Have developed an aversion to Pepto-Bismol pink after spending hours in the Barbie aisles. And the boys' sections are so glum! Browns and navys and grays abound.

No cookie baking for me these days. Cookies disappear too fast from the buffet table. I made a delicious tray of crackers with asiago cheese spread and a cranberry-pomegranate relish. But it has to be policed or the crackers disappear, naked. I briefly wanted to make fruitcake this year but tasting some at a reception healed me of that. Will make some more munchies next week by creatively combining Trader Joe's comestibles.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17918 on: December 16, 2023, 04:23:47 pm »
Thanks for the catch-up. I think I'm doing all right, considering I have to buy for 16 people now, with all these grandchildren! They are good about making wish lists so that helps. When I order online, though, I'm usually disappointed in the results. Have developed an aversion to Pepto-Bismol pink after spending hours in the Barbie aisles. And the boys' sections are so glum! Browns and navys and grays abound.

Are they still doing that? I haven't shopped for children's toys in, oh, 20 years, but aside from this year's Barbie-related overwhelming Pepto-Bismol pink, I thought those color segregations would have faded by now. We have a small local chain called Creative Kids' Stuff that sells non-gender-specific stuff, mostly supplies for being, well, creative.

Will make some more munchies next week by creatively combining Trader Joe's comestibles.

Would you mind sharing your munchie recipe? I have a family party to go to -- I'll probably make something like smoked-salmon or -trout spread with crackers, but in case I need more items or a backup, I have a TJ's near me.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17919 on: December 24, 2023, 06:21:19 pm »
Here's a special wish for you, Chuck, that you can finally put down your mixing bowl and relax, enjoy nad eat some of those cookies! Merry Christmas!