Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8910749 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #6000 on: April 24, 2009, 07:16:58 am »
Good morning, Chuck!

The other forum is/was down, so I'm trying over here.

Glad the magic angel is back.

See you in NYC this afternoon!
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #6001 on: April 25, 2009, 09:23:26 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Happy Saturday to you all!

Oh, last night was fun!  Took a bunch of pics, and had a good time reconnecting with everyone!

Pics have been posted, starting here.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,32698.msg504301.html#msg504301

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #6002 on: April 25, 2009, 09:29:47 am »
Mornin Chucky......didn't think I would see you until your afternoon, after your late night.

So what have you got planned for the weekend.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #6003 on: April 25, 2009, 09:35:21 am »
Me, me, me!!!  And a whole bunch of other people.

No, Chuck is more like an angel than like Satan.   :-*

How you doin' Rich?

man, he has YOU fooled....when you see him, check his head, you'll see the burns where they took his horns off....

;D ;D

Offline dejavu

« Reply #6004 on: April 25, 2009, 12:03:54 pm »
man, he has YOU fooled....when you see him, check his head, you'll see the burns where they took his horns off....

;D ;D

Nah...........no burns.

;D

Just sweetness.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Katie77

« Reply #6005 on: April 26, 2009, 07:58:22 am »
I received this email, and I thought of what happened at your workplace Chucky, when your two friends were fired on a conference call.

A fire alarm rang at 4 pm in a large office campus when almost all employees were present ( approx 5,000 people ).
As per past fire-drill practices, the entire office was quickly evacuated within 3 minutes, and all employees gathered outside the complex in designated areas waiting for further announcement.
Before long, the fire drill officer in-charge made the following broadcast over their loud-speakers system :
" My dear colleagues : With sincere regret, I have been asked to announce that for many of you, this will be your last evacuation drill with us. Due to the on-going recession and bad business climate, the company is laying off almost 50% of its staff. So when this announcement finishes, I ask all of you to move back into the building.  And if your swipe-card does not work, then it means that you have been laid off, in which case you will not be allowed inside, and all your personal belongings will be couriered to you by tomorrow.
The company is using this innovative, never-before approach as we do not want to choke our email system with lay-off notices and farewell messages going by the thousands, and we also wish to avoid any fighting inside the office and the consequent security issues for all staff.
We hope you have had a rewarding career with us.  Now please move back in… and good luck ! "

Offline optom3

« Reply #6006 on: April 26, 2009, 08:46:18 am »
I received this email, and I thought of what happened at your workplace Chucky, when your two friends were fired on a conference call.

A fire alarm rang at 4 pm in a large office campus when almost all employees were present ( approx 5,000 people ).
As per past fire-drill practices, the entire office was quickly evacuated within 3 minutes, and all employees gathered outside the complex in designated areas waiting for further announcement.
Before long, the fire drill officer in-charge made the following broadcast over their loud-speakers system :
" My dear colleagues : With sincere regret, I have been asked to announce that for many of you, this will be your last evacuation drill with us. Due to the on-going recession and bad business climate, the company is laying off almost 50% of its staff. So when this announcement finishes, I ask all of you to move back into the building.  And if your swipe-card does not work, then it means that you have been laid off, in which case you will not be allowed inside, and all your personal belongings will be couriered to you by tomorrow.
The company is using this innovative, never-before approach as we do not want to choke our email system with lay-off notices and farewell messages going by the thousands, and we also wish to avoid any fighting inside the office and the consequent security issues for all staff.
We hope you have had a rewarding career with us.  Now please move back in… and good luck ! "

That cannot be for real can it ??

Loved all the photos of the Friday night gathering. It just makes me more fed up that I can't afford to go.

Hope everyone enjoys whatever is left of the weekend. I am of to work in a couple of hours. Still in light of the economic climate, I count myself lucky to have a job.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #6007 on: April 26, 2009, 01:52:05 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

it's a hot Sunday here in NJ.  Hope that everyone is doing well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #6008 on: April 26, 2009, 09:55:06 pm »
I searched online about this layoff process, and this is what I found...

http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/firedrill.asp

Offline Katie77

« Reply #6009 on: April 27, 2009, 06:18:52 am »
Very interesting Chucky.......

Reminds me of many many years ago when I worked for a finance company, and quite a few of the employees came from an opposition finance company.

They all confirmed, that at their previous employer, on many occassions, the big boss would come and visit at several small offices of the company and ask the manager to come for a walk around the block with him. It was on this walk that the big boss would tell the manager that he had been fired.

Everyone was terrified of being asked to go for a walk with the boss.