Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8907152 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #6020 on: April 29, 2009, 07:18:26 am »
morning chuck  :)

injest

« Reply #6021 on: April 29, 2009, 07:42:13 am »
Whew!  it's a little on the warm side today!  I wanted to get some extra exercise in, so I changed shirts (I have a spare t-shirt at work) and walked down to the branch and back.  Two miles.

Damn....I'm drenched in sweat.  Thank God I've got the spare clothes.

to the branch? what branch? does the landscape people not pick them up? or is there a particular tree that has a branch you like on it?

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #6022 on: April 29, 2009, 08:08:47 am »

AND WHERE MAY I ASK, WERE YOU YESTERDAY ??
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #6023 on: April 29, 2009, 12:35:09 pm »
to the branch? what branch? does the landscape people not pick them up? or is there a particular tree that has a branch you like on it?

::)

Texans don't use banks?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #6024 on: April 29, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #6025 on: April 29, 2009, 01:49:12 pm »

::)

Texans don't use banks?

I dont think Jess knows you meant the bank's branch/location.  You work in the coporate office right?  You take care of the behind the scenes stuff i think.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6026 on: April 29, 2009, 02:07:40 pm »

ahahahaha!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #6027 on: April 30, 2009, 03:16:05 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

No happy angel today, not in a happy mood today.

At about 9:00am this morning, three people were laid off/let go from there jobs this morning on the floor that I work on.

2 of the people were very close to me.  One (Rosanne) I ate lunch with every day.  The other (Elta) is a sweet woman who is in the cubicle across from me.  When one of my past relationships had just broken up, I went to work the next day.  Bad idea, I was in an emotional state.  Elta saw this right away, grabbed a box of tissues, and a bottle of water, pulled me into a private room, and gave me a shoulder to cry on, literally.

There are rumblings of more layoffs to come.  I'm pretty sure my position is secure.  I’ve purposely kept myself “small potatoes”, so to speak.  Others have moved up, and have now put themselves in the line of fire.  I kept myself focused on paper pushing, which is what is needed at this point, so I’m ok now. 

In a short time, things changed.

My position is still safe.  However, the 3 people laid off has been extended to 10.

On the floor below us, one entire department was let go.

Nothing is getting done today at all, because everyone (who is left) is walking around talking to each other.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #6028 on: April 30, 2009, 03:26:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

At about 9:00am this morning, three people were laid off/let go from there jobs this morning on the floor that I work on.

2 of the people were very close to me.  One (Rosanne) I ate lunch with every day.  The other (Elta) is a sweet woman who is in the cubicle across from me.  When one of my past relationships had just broken up, I went to work the next day.  Bad idea, I was in an emotional state.  Elta saw this right away, grabbed a box of tissues, and a bottle of water, pulled me into a private room, and gave me a shoulder to cry on, literally.

There are rumblings of more layoffs to come.  I'm pretty sure my position is secure.  I’ve purposely kept myself “small potatoes”, so to speak.  Others have moved up, and have now put themselves in the line of fire.  I kept myself focused on paper pushing, which is what is needed at this point, so I’m ok now. 

My position is still safe.  However, the 3 people laid off has been extended to 10.

Nothing is getting done today at all, because everyone (who is left) is walking around talking to each other.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Chuck, and most especially about your two close friends.  I had hopes the economy was turning around, but I guess it's not, or at least not quickly enough.

???

Maybe in a week or so when the dust settles you can do something nice for them?  take them out to dinner or something?  Being out of work is a sucky feeling.

Sorry, bud.

Edit:  Elta sure sounds like a sensitive and compassionate woman.  I hope you can keep in touch with her.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6029 on: April 30, 2009, 04:03:19 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oi!  :o  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.