Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8736420 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #6700 on: August 23, 2009, 02:30:15 pm »
Truman, I just find myself without words.

I'm not going to sit here and say that I've never lied.  That itself would be a lie. 

But I can't honestly think of any times that I've decided that I needed to go around and start deceiving people to get what I want, and tell such outrageous stuff that would only be found out in the end.

Therapy can be a beautiful thing.  I saw a therapist for a while back in 2006 & 2007.  It helped.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #6701 on: August 23, 2009, 02:57:18 pm »
Oh yeah me too, I have told lies, and will continue to. But deceiving people for sypmpathy or other gain is a whole other ball game.

I think we could all benefit from therapy.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #6702 on: August 24, 2009, 09:22:05 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Welcome back to Monday!

Bleh!

Today I'm starting a new diet, in an effort to break the plateau and uphill climb my weight has been on.

I guess you could say it's a "fast forward" type thing.  For three days, I'm on a restricted menu, and then after the third day, more foods are introduced.  Let's see if this works!

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6703 on: August 24, 2009, 09:45:30 am »
Today I'm starting a new diet, in an effort to break the plateau and uphill climb my weight has been on.

I guess you could say it's a "fast forward" type thing.  For three days, I'm on a restricted menu, and then after the third day, more foods are introduced.  Let's see if this works!

;D

Good luck with your new diet! You've been so tough with your weightloss, you've done really great. Kudos!
(And if you ask me, you're perfect as you are now, no more diet needed, as long as you can hold it. But the holding is a bitch, eh?)

Welcome back to Monday!

Bleh!

You can say that twice and mean it! After six wonderful weeks, kids went back to school today. My alarm clock is set at 5:47am :P.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #6704 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:45 am »
Hi Chuck.  Good luck with the diet.  We can be each other's weight loss buddy!  My goal is 30lbs in the next three months, doctor's order.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #6705 on: August 24, 2009, 10:25:13 am »
Good luck with your new diet! You've been so tough with your weightloss, you've done really great. Kudos!  (And if you ask me, you're perfect as you are now, no more diet needed, as long as you can hold it. But the holding is a bitch, eh?)

You can say that twice and mean it!  I want to get back down to where I was in Colorado, which was almost 200, and then surpass it.

You can say that twice and mean it! After six wonderful weeks, kids went back to school today. My alarm clock is set at 5:47am :P.

damn.....I know that feeling well!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6706 on: August 24, 2009, 10:52:32 am »
but why 5.47 and not 5.45 or 5.50???  :D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6707 on: August 24, 2009, 11:01:25 am »

If the snooze alarm sounds after three minutes, she can set the alarm for 5:47,  hit the button once, and get up at 5:50?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6708 on: August 24, 2009, 11:28:10 am »

If the snooze alarm sounds after three minutes, she can set the alarm for 5:47,  hit the button once, and get up at 5:50?  ;D

Because I fight for every minute of sleep I can get in the morning :laugh:.
5:50 seems too late, but I do NOT want to wake up at 5:45, lol. "A quarter to six", that sounds much too early. But 5:47 is "shortly before six" - sounds much better, don't you think? Psychology, or how to cheat on yourself :laugh:.

And yes, the snooze button is taken into account. It goes off again after 7 minutes, so normally I get up at 5:54. And even if I'm not successful with that, the third time it goes off at 6:01. Then I know I have to jump out of the bed immediately, or else.
With "else" meaning my emergency alarm clock will go off at 6:02. The emergency alarm is at the door, not beside the bed, to make sure I HAVE to get up to shut it off.

But at 6:01 or 6:02 I really have to hurry (and my oldest daughter will growl at me).

Can you guess I have some problems with getting up early? ;) :laugh:
There are some mornings when I would bet that the normal alarm clock did not go off (let alone three times) and I'm surprised by the emergency alarm.  ::)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #6709 on: August 24, 2009, 01:04:15 pm »
Good luck with the new diet Chuck!!!

Please keep us posted on what's happening.

Re getting up early:

I've always been a night person, having an incredibly hard time getting up on time in the morning.

But, lo and behold, after I came home from the States 2½ weeks ago (and had a hard time recovering from jet lag), I wake up a lot earlier in the morning!  ;D

So my best advice for people who have difficulties getting up on time would be: travel east!!  ;D ;D ;)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre