Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8892078 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #6720 on: August 24, 2009, 09:32:32 pm »
I thought the same thing, Tru! 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #6721 on: August 25, 2009, 09:07:10 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Hope that everyone is well!

Day two of the diet!  Bring it on!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6722 on: August 25, 2009, 12:07:24 pm »
Good morning, Chuck!

You're making progress on that diet.

One month ago today, we were headed for the Rockyford Rodeo in Alberta.

Time flies, but memories last.   ;D
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #6723 on: August 25, 2009, 12:28:17 pm »

:'(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline dejavu

« Reply #6724 on: August 25, 2009, 01:53:38 pm »
Just think of what a great time we had, Sonja.   :)

And I had an even better time up in the mountains -- much cooler and more beautiful.

One day.........
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #6725 on: August 25, 2009, 02:06:15 pm »

That was a GREAT day indeed. I set out early that morning from Fort Macleod where I´d spent the night. I headed north, back across the prairie towards Calgary and Rockyford. I made several stops along the way to visit Brokeback locations. I arrived in Rockyford around noon and manage to spot Pete and David from a distance. I recognised them from pictures I´d seen posted here. Pete asked me how I was able to recognise them and without thinking I answered "your height".  :-X Awkward moment -- checked)
But we had a really good time together, watching the rodeo and waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.
The first person I saw was Chuck with his cowboy hat. Yay! It was great to see everyone again. Hugging and greetings ensued.
Then we spent the rest of the day at the rodeo - talking, drinking and checking out the cowboys. When it started to get late, we got back into our cars and headed towards Calgary where we´d spend the night. I still had my own rental car at that point, so I followed (stalked) Paul's car to the Travelodge hotel in central Calgary where he´d been before.
I didn't have a reservation at that point, but everything turned out fine as RouxB had a free bed in her room. I slept like a baby that night, knowing I was in the company of a whole herd of Brokies and that we had an entire week of fun ahead of us.

wow..I guess that´s what's called reminiscing. ::) But that was one of my favorite days so I felt like sharing :-*

Offline dejavu

« Reply #6726 on: August 25, 2009, 02:23:42 pm »
I arrived in Rockyford around noon and manage to spot Pete and David from a distance. I recognised them from pictures I´d seen posted here. Pete asked me how I was able to recognise them and without thinking I answered "your height".  :-X Awkward moment -- checked)

:laugh:    :laugh:

I still had my own rental car at that point, so I followed (stalked) Paul's car to the Travelodge hotel in central Calgary where he´d been before.
I didn't have a reservation at that point, but everything turned out fine as RouxB had a free bed in her room. I slept like a baby that night, knowing I was in the company of a whole herd of Brokies and that we had an entire week of fun ahead of us.

Hi, Monika!  It's great to read different people's impressions, especially where their experiences differed from mine.  I wasn't sure where you slept that night (nice of RouxB to offer) and I didn't even realize Fort MacLeod was big enough for a motel, or wherever you stayed on Friday.

wow..I guess that´s what's called reminiscing. ::) But that was one of my favorite days so I felt like sharing :-*

I love this reminiscing business.  Not sure about my favorite day, but I think maybe Campsite 1.  I'm so glad you ended up coming with us that day.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #6727 on: August 25, 2009, 03:31:37 pm »
I love reminiscence (sp?) like that Monika!!!

Everything that reminds me of and brings that wonderful Alberta trip back in my mind is godsent.

I''m not sure what was my best day, but maybe it was the hike to Moose Mountain......

The scenery and silence up there..... it was beyond description....
....and in combination with all the filming spots up there....it was almost a sacred feeling...

And the fun we all had on our way up there and back down again!  ;D

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #6728 on: August 25, 2009, 04:27:09 pm »
Howdy, Alberta Pilgrims!

It's great to reminisce, isn't it?  I've been reading through some of the interviews on findingbrokeback, but one I just found is great, specifically talking about the locations.  I highly recommend it.

http://www.thebrokebacktruck.ca/Solly_interview.htm

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #6729 on: August 25, 2009, 05:12:11 pm »
Howdy Paul!!

The Alberta trip was like nothing else, truly.

Thanks for the link, I'll read it tomorrow. Too late now.