Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8892395 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #7270 on: November 21, 2009, 02:13:17 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

;D

I'm having a catastrophe of a weekend so far. I'm sick (stomach flu, thankfully only mild, but still :P), I have toothache for more than a week (and the dentist didn't find the cause), which gets worse every day, and the renovation of our living room has become a nightmare. On top of all that the in-laws were coming over, and the big family shopping tour was due today.
Any more questions? ;)

But at least tomorrow will be a FREE day. Thank god.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7271 on: November 21, 2009, 08:38:21 pm »
What a well thought out, erudite and coherent post Chuck. I am suer I echo the words of many here when I say that I agree wholeheartedly with you. No one is ever going to agree with everyone 100% of the time, even the best of friends fall out, the point is that for me, this site still provides me with much needed advice, friendship and support.
That is more important to me than any minor squabbles and bickering. If I don't like what someone says I ignore it. I have found the dearest friend anyone could ever wish for, here  and that is of course the lovely Dev. She has been there for me through thick and thin and I hope I have for her. I have also made many other dear friends, unfortunately I have yet to meet some of them in person.
I will always treasure the day I found my way here, stumbling through a mist of grief and what I at times thought was almost insanity, over one little film !
Thanks for your wise words and taking the trouble to post them. I for one could not be paid enough to do a moderators job and applaud the ones here who do it with wisdom and in my opinion fairness.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #7272 on: November 22, 2009, 05:27:29 am »
Thank you Chucky for sharing your thoughts with those wise words.

My favourite saying is "just because it is different, it does not mean it is wrong".......I have used that line many times when speaking of who and how we love someone but it applies in every facet of our life, from likes and dislikes to opinions on things.

We are all fortunate to have a right to speak, lets hope it is done with some dignity and purpose.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7273 on: November 23, 2009, 07:56:25 am »

Happy Monday to you all!

I hope that everyone has great plans for the upcoming holiday!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7274 on: November 23, 2009, 07:58:43 am »
I'm glad that so many people read what I posted, and generally agreed with it.

;D

Let's keep the positvity flowing.  I'm not stupid, and I know that we can't be postive 100% of the time, but damn, why dwell on the negative?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #7275 on: November 23, 2009, 11:36:14 pm »
I just did some readin on your blog little bro!
All I have to say is I love you and am glad you are my friend, brother etc etc.
Your a good man!
Now, wheres the nekkid pics of Jake?? :laugh:
Kelda, girl you are busier than a one legged man at a butt kickin contest!
Chrissi, I hope you are feelin better!
jack, Helen is just the next county over. Bout 45 min from me!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7276 on: November 24, 2009, 07:19:14 am »

Happy Tuesday!

I'm awake, so I guess that's a good thing.  :laugh:  Sleep did not come easily last night.  I had nightmares, more on the "bizarre" side than scary, but scary enough to wake me.  And (of course) as soon as I would fall asleep they would start up again.

Why is it that when you're having a great dream, you wake up and they don't come back, but as soon as you drift off after waking from a nightmare, it picks up where it left off?

:laugh:

Oh, and for some reason, one of my exes was in the dream last night too, because the nightmare itself wasn't enough.

:laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7277 on: November 24, 2009, 07:20:52 am »
I just did some readin on your blog little bro!  All I have to say is I love you and am glad you are my friend, brother etc etc.  Your a good man!

Hiya big bro!  ((((((((Rich)))))))   I love you too, and you're a good man too!  Give Gene a hug for me!

Now, wheres the nekkid pics of Jake?? :laugh:

Not only a good man, a typical man as well.   :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7278 on: November 24, 2009, 11:10:49 am »
Thanks for your very insightful post, Chuck.

Thanks for the insight you bring from other sites, too.

Why is it that when you're having a great dream, you wake up and they don't come back, but as soon as you drift off after waking from a nightmare, it picks up where it left off?

You can actually have a lot of control over your dreams through the process known as lucid dreaming. By doing this, you can avoid nightmares and bad dreams from repeating, and you can actually turn nightmares into good dreams! By managing your dreams, you can work through issues and concerns in your waking life, resolving them and benefiting your inner self. I will post more about this on a dream thread in Anything Goes.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 04:26:33 am by Ellemeno »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7279 on: November 24, 2009, 11:44:40 am »
Chuck, I just caught up here, and saw your post about conflict and modding and getting along and all. Thank you! Wonderful sentiments, very well expressed.

:-*