Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8905416 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #7580 on: January 23, 2010, 03:04:57 pm »
Chuck, What a wonderful and moving tribute to Jackie! For some reason I feel I was meant to visit Bettermost today and read that. It has to do with that idea I always hold that things are meant to happen. I can't really explain any other reason I logged on right now. I have drifted away a lot over the past few months. As Brad says, I think going back to the days before the politics and BS makes us realize why we ended up here to begin with. I truly feel that I am loosing friendships left and right because I have drifted away. I really don't want that to happen. I've just been at a strange point in my life where I don't really know which way to go next. Anyway, thank you so much for reminding me what I came here for in the first place.

Jack

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7581 on: January 23, 2010, 04:41:16 pm »

To light a candle for Jackie, choose any unlit candle at Gratefulness.org ~ Paint.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7582 on: January 24, 2010, 08:50:09 am »
I never knew, Jackie, which seems to be my loss, but ((((((Chuck)))))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #7583 on: January 24, 2010, 12:06:36 pm »
I only met her once at the BBQ in Colorado, but she was an incredibly nice and caring person.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #7584 on: January 24, 2010, 02:09:58 pm »
To light a candle for Jackie, choose any unlit candle at Gratefulness.org ~ Paint.

I lit a candle for Jackie even though I never knew her.  Im sorry for your loss Chuck.  I believe she was a wonderful person. 

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7585 on: January 24, 2010, 05:27:54 pm »

{{{{{{ Chuck }}}}}}

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7586 on: January 24, 2010, 06:15:26 pm »
(((Chuckie)))

Thank you for linking the candles page. I didn't know there's one for Jackie.
Like Jack, I only met her at the BBQ 2007, but I had the fortune to get to know her there. She won my heart literally within the first two minutes I talked to her. And within the first five minutes, she gave me a present, one of those reunion-embrace buttons, I'm sure you know them - just like that. Jackie handed out buttons and love like she had a cornucopia of them. And she did.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7587 on: January 25, 2010, 09:23:03 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Hope that everyone has had a good weekend, and ready for the new week.

;D

Many thanks to you all who came here and posted to support me while I was missing Jackie this weekend.  She loved her Brokie friends, and talked often of those she had yet to meet.  For those of you she hadn't met, she would've loved you all.  For those of you she did meet, even just once, rest assured, you held a place in her heart.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #7588 on: January 25, 2010, 11:34:35 am »
Oh Chucky, Ive been away from your thread and I just came in tonight and read your letter to Jackie.

What a wonderful gift you have of the memories and the friendship with such a wonderful lady, and she will never be gone, while those thoughts of her continue.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #7589 on: January 25, 2010, 04:19:23 pm »
        I am a few days late of your letter, with my reply.  But when I think of Jackie, I think of the  word
"SHARING."  She had a sharing heart.  She shared her love, her smile, her Brokie Memoralia, and , it seemed
everything.  She gave all she had in that way, it felt.  What more can you say about a person.  That is as good as it gets~

{{{{{{Chuck}}}}}}

Beautiful mind