Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9408934 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8790 on: September 29, 2010, 11:36:49 am »
Well, whether you want to put yourself on youtube for the world to see is a very personal decision and only yours to make.
But as the others already said, I'm sure you could contribute something positive to the project, and I would love to see it.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #8791 on: September 29, 2010, 12:48:05 pm »
I think you should think it over at least twice, Chuck. As Chrissi says, it's a very personal thing to do, and once it's on Youtube, you and your story will be public, for everyone and anyone to see.

I know you as a very open person, always sharing generously even rather private things. But it's always (as far as I know) been in the relative security of forums that are supposedly only interesting to a limited group.

YouTube may be different, probably is. All kinds of people will see it, and there is always the risk of unwanted reactions. If worse comes to worse, you could risk some unpleasant things happening.

But maybe it's just me being paranoid, you would probably get a lot of very nice reactions too!

So, give it a thorough reflexion, maybe discuss it with some non-brokies too.

And then, go for whatever you decide, without regret.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8792 on: September 29, 2010, 01:36:07 pm »
My feelings are mixed only because I would not want to see you hurt. I have posted on FB about my involvement with Sarasota pride, but youtube is a whole different entity. Some ill informed bigots can be pretty cutting.
I wish you luck whatever you do. You are way, way too lovely to be pilloried, here in Florida the hatred is palpable, I despise them.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #8793 on: September 29, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »
I say do it.  I would love to see it and so would so many people who dont have the courage to do it.  Go for it Chucky.

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #8794 on: September 29, 2010, 07:59:34 pm »
i think it would be good for you to make a video you  are a wonderful man who is very loving and open and you would im sure help a ton of people  but  youtube is full of nothing but trolls  maybe they should make a website for these videos to keep the trolls down to minimum 
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8795 on: September 30, 2010, 12:31:17 am »
Hi Chuck,

I think it's a wonderful idea to participate in the "it gets better" project.  ABC news actually did a segment about it tonight..., which, I thought was really wonderful to get it really out there and known on a national level.

I thoroughly encourage the idea of you contributing.  Good luck with the project if you do it!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8796 on: September 30, 2010, 12:59:59 am »
   I think you would have the knowledge and broad intellect to say the truth of what you want to say without any problem.  There is a great deal of pride and self satisfaction from saying
how you feel about an issue, that you are passionate about.  You would have the possibility of having negative retorts sent your way, but I think you are broad minded enough, and realistic enough to take that as it deserves.  Its like the old saying.  A brave man die several times in life, but a coward dies a bit every day.  Don't  allow the fear of peoples thoughts to stop you from saying or doing the things you wish to do.  You should feel proud enough of your accomplishments and thoughts, that you will feel more prideful than the fears you are maybe looking at.  I would be very proud of you to stand up and be counted as you feel.  Its too bad that many people are too afraid to speak up and tell the feelings that they carry.  That is a large part of the reason that we don't get anything done that should be done in congress.  Not many people have the courage of their convictions. 
   Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.  I will be looking forward to whatever you choose.  Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #8797 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:08 am »
Chucky, I know you want to help other kids who are in the same situation as Billy Lucas, and I applaud you for doing this. But, as some have said, youtube is such an open site and I too would hate for you to be at the mercy of bigots and trolls. There must be more defined sites that are directed at these young boys and girls, sites that are more likely to be seen by them, and where your video would be more likely to help them.

Dont "not do" what you want to do, just direct it in the right direction.

I love you for what you are doing. xxxx
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline brianr

« Reply #8798 on: September 30, 2010, 07:40:05 am »
Lots to think about here, Chuck. I also would applaud you for making the video but also worry about any adverse effects. How would the Big Bosses at your work react? Many years ago I was outed on national TV. As a teacher in a Catholic school( every student knew the next day)  it brought many anxious hours and sleepless nights. I now know those in power decided to ignore it and some students were helped but do not know that I would have done so voluntarily. Best thoughts for your decision.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8799 on: September 30, 2010, 08:06:46 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, it's an awful, wet and rainy Thursday here in NJ.  It's supposed to rain all day into the night, with flooding possible.  Ugh.

I am still mulling over the decision to make a video, if I do it, I'll be doing it this weekend. 

I'm not worried about negative comments that would be posted, because I've been getting negative comments my whole life.  As for work, Brian that is a valid point for some people.  For me, however, I'm out at work.  My cube has Brokie pics and three images from Brokeback on the walls, 2 shots of the "Dozy Embrace" and one of the "Reunion Kiss", so this isn't a concern for me.  The company I work for is also liberal leaning....we have walked in the NYC Gay Pride parade, and the offer benefits to same-sex partners.

I would use a different screen name on youtube, so that any idiot who feels like commenting would have no way to connect me to "CellarDweller" or "BlueWorkBoots" (my other email) so I'd be pretty protected.

Thanks for all the opinions, and keep them coming, I appreicate reading them.

Once a decision is made, I'll let you know.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!