Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746575 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15460 on: March 22, 2018, 10:05:42 pm »
Ugh, I can't imagine trying to get to work on cross country skies!

Well, it's probably easier for someone who lives outside of Duluth, MN, than it would be where you live.  :laugh:

In some of our more severe winter storms, I've seen people cross-country skiing down the streets of Philadelphia.  :laugh:

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15461 on: March 23, 2018, 06:43:43 pm »
Well, it's probably easier for someone who lives outside of Duluth, MN, than it would be where you live.  :laugh:

very true!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15462 on: March 23, 2018, 06:44:18 pm »
In some of our more severe winter storms, I've seen people cross-country skiing down the streets of Philadelphia.  :laugh:

Now that would be something to see!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15463 on: March 23, 2018, 06:52:22 pm »
Now that would be something to see!

I just wished it was me. I'm sorry I never learned cross-country skiing. It's great exercise, and I would probably have less a chance of breaking something compared to down-hill skiing.

I know it's not too late, if I had somebody to go on a ski trip with me.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15464 on: March 24, 2018, 09:47:04 am »
I just wished it was me. I'm sorry I never learned cross-country skiing. It's great exercise, and I would probably have less a chance of breaking something compared to down-hill skiing.

I know it's not too late, if I had somebody to go on a ski trip with me.

Coincidentally, I cleaned out the basement yesterday and am getting rid of my cross-country skis. Want to buy 'em?  :laugh:

I got them when I was about 20, so they're out of date -- I think skis have been improved since then and I'm sure nobody will want them. I may try to sell them in a rummage sale, nevertheless.

I haven't used them much over the years. Last time I skied was about 10 years ago, a handful of times in a big city park with lots of trails. (And even then I still felt like I could break something.)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15465 on: March 24, 2018, 11:06:11 am »
Coincidentally, I cleaned out the basement yesterday and am getting rid of my cross-country skis. Want to buy 'em?  :laugh:

Are you going to pay shipping?  ;D

I haven't used them much over the years. Last time I skied was about 10 years ago, a handful of times in a big city park with lots of trails. (And even then I still felt like I could break something.)

Probably tough on the ankles, I guess.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15466 on: March 24, 2018, 12:18:13 pm »

Tell you what, you pay for shipping and we'll call it even.

BTW, if you ever do ship something like that, go to FedEx, not UPS. I inquired at both places about the cost of shipping my son's snowboard to Breckenridge, CO, where we spent Thanksgiving with family a couple of years ago. UPS gave me an estimate of $375. Forget that, he can rent. But later (after it was too late anyway), I asked FedEx. $75.

Luckily, I didn't do either because it was warm there and I guess the snow conditions on the hills were terrible. It snowed the day we left.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15467 on: March 24, 2018, 12:50:35 pm »

I got them when I was about 20, so they're out of date -- I think skis have been improved since then and I'm sure nobody will want them. I may try to sell them in a rummage sale, nevertheless.

I remember when you borrowed a ski suit from me one time! Yes, your thought is right. Skis have changed a lot over the years. Maybe you could get someone to buy them to make a chair or fence out of, or for decoration.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15468 on: March 24, 2018, 04:07:21 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Relaxing on a Saturday, watching the World Figure Skating Championships.   Also did some cleaning in the apartment, and the grocery shopping.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15469 on: March 24, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »
I'm sorry I never learned cross-country skiing. It's great exercise, and I would probably have less a chance of breaking something compared to down-hill skiing.

Tell you what, you pay for shipping and we'll call it even.

Now here's a conversation I never thought I would see on my blog!   :laugh: