Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734394 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15620 on: June 26, 2018, 09:12:02 pm »
Enjoying the last of the cool days here, we're going to get a heat wave next week, every day in the 90s.  blech!

I agree.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15621 on: June 27, 2018, 06:44:41 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

;D

I can't believe that at this time next week, we'll be celebrating July 4th already!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15622 on: June 28, 2018, 12:30:33 pm »
I can't believe that at this time next week, we'll be celebrating July 4th already!

I know. It feels like the halfway point of summer (though of course it's not quite) and it always comes way too soon.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15623 on: June 28, 2018, 06:23:51 pm »
I know. It feels like the halfway point of summer (though of course it's not quite) and it always comes way too soon.

Summer has just begun, and the heat is going up here in NJ.   Of course, I'm not happy about that!  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15624 on: June 28, 2018, 07:36:31 pm »
Last July 4 I was in SF. I flew home the following day. This year I will not be leaving until July 30. Aug 3-7 in Paris then UK until Sep 10. Am worried it might be too hot, not by most standards but I know UK accommodation does not have much in the way of cooling appliances..

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15625 on: June 29, 2018, 09:44:29 am »
Last July 4 I was in SF. I flew home the following day. This year I will not be leaving until July 30. Aug 3-7 in Paris then UK until Sep 10. Am worried it might be too hot, not by most standards but I know UK accommodation does not have much in the way of cooling appliances..

Summer in San Francisco, Paris and the UK? I certainly hope it's not too hot -- that sounds miserable, Brian!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15626 on: June 29, 2018, 09:48:29 am »

Summer has just begun, and the heat is going up here in NJ.   Of course, I'm not happy about that!  :laugh:

It's supposed to get up to about 100F, possibly over, here today. Heat index of 110. That's a bit hot even for me!

I'm going to head out to the garden in a minute to pick some fresh arugula while it's still "only" 81. The arugula is delicious, BTW!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15627 on: June 29, 2018, 11:50:31 pm »

Hoping you're able to stay cool!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15628 on: June 29, 2018, 11:51:11 pm »
It's supposed to get up to about 100F, possibly over, here today. Heat index of 110. That's a bit hot even for me!

I would just stay indoors!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15629 on: June 30, 2018, 10:32:21 am »
I would just stay indoors!

During the day I did. I did drive out to do an errand around 5 and it was pretty punishing in heavy traffic under the glaring sun. My car air conditioner isn't working. In the evening, I sat out on the patio. It was still hot but I don't mind it at night.

Yesterday's weather here was what the weather is like in New Orleans -- for five months straight. Blazing hot and humid all day every day, and hot and sticky through the night. I lived there six years, five of which I had no car air conditioning, and because I was a newspaper reporter I had to drive around a lot.

I still prefer New Orleans' summers to Minnesota winters. But I felt sorry for New Orleans children; they're out of school in the summer just like everyone else, except it's the time of year when it's far more comfortable indoors.

I guess when I say "New Orleans" I'm actually talking about much of the South and the Sun Belt. I've been in weather like that in Washington, DC, too. I walked around with a spray bottle of cool water.

And some friends in Memphis said they can't sit out on their patio and barbecue on a July evening. (I'd probably sit out anyway -- I did in NOLA.)