Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746233 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15660 on: July 26, 2018, 04:22:36 pm »
Hiya Bettermost Friends!

Hope everyone is doing well!

another nice photo, the board walk sounds a great place to go with Trent. I am sure they all had an awesome time

They did.  Mom and dad are truly enjoying their roles of "great-grandparents"!  They took him on some of the rides, shared some treats on the boardwalk with him, and played in the sand on the beach.

Day 4 of my "stay-cation" is done. ;D   I'm going to miss this time off, but I'm getting stuff done.

Tonight I'll be getting some clothes packed up to donate, and I managed to finish getting my vinyl records organized and logged into an Excel sheet.  I have almost 700 records!

:o

I posted 4 pics of my Madonna picture discs in the "Collectibles" thread.  You can see them here.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,31002.msg691430/topicseen.html#msg691430

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15661 on: July 26, 2018, 04:39:48 pm »
I have some friends who are great grandparents. They say it is better than being a grandparent because these days grandparents are often expected to do child minding whereas it is not expected of great grands. They can choose when.
I find it a bit mind blowing. Both my grandmothers died before I was born and one grandfather died when I was about 4 or 5, the other when I was about 13. Great grandparents were just not heard of. 

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15662 on: July 26, 2018, 09:52:58 pm »
I have some friends who are great grandparents. They say it is better than being a grandparent because these days grandparents are often expected to do child minding whereas it is not expected of great grands. They can choose when.
I find it a bit mind blowing. Both my grandmothers died before I was born and one grandfather died when I was about 4 or 5, the other when I was about 13. Great grandparents were just not heard of. 

My ex-in-laws, in their 80s, are great-grandparents of two toddlers. And my ex-husband's grandmother was my kids' great-grandmother. She lived to 105 (dying not long before her first great-great-grandson was born, when her great-grandchildren ranged from roughly 13 to 21.) People live longer these days.

On the other hand, parents are more likely to put off having children until their late 30s (as I did) or even 40s. My kids are 22 and 23. I'm 60. If I'm ever going to be a great-grandmother, they'd better get busy! But they don't seem to be in any hurry to even settle down, let alone have kids.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15663 on: July 27, 2018, 10:50:20 am »
Hiya Bettermost Friends!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 5 of my "stay-cation" is starting.   I slept in, and now I'm watching some trashy TV.

I have to go out and pick up some pants from the tailor, grab some lunch, and then finish getting the closets cleaned out and organized.

Then I want to finish cleaning the apartment.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15664 on: July 27, 2018, 10:55:48 am »

My ex-in-laws, in their 80s, are great-grandparents of two toddlers. And my ex-husband's grandmother was my kids' great-grandmother. She lived to 105 (dying not long before her first great-great-grandson was born, when her great-grandchildren ranged from roughly 13 to 21.) People live longer these days.

On the other hand, parents are more likely to put off having children until their late 30s (as I did) or even 40s. My kids are 22 and 23. I'm 60. If I'm ever going to be a great-grandmother, they'd better get busy! But they don't seem to be in any hurry to even settle down, let alone have kids.

I can remember one of my great-grandmothers from when I was younger, but I only her, not my other great-grandparents.  I can remember her teaching me to count to 10 in Italian.

It's a lot of fun to see my parents as great-grandparents, as they "skipped" the grandparent part.   My brother (Chris) and I are both single and childless.  My brother Mike married his wife, who had a daughter from a prior marriage.  When my family met her (Shana) she was 13.   My parents always referred to her as their granddaughter, but they never had the grand baby to play with.

When Shana gave birth to Trenton, mom and dad had that baby to play with, and they make the most of it when they can!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15665 on: July 27, 2018, 01:41:17 pm »
I can remember one of my great-grandmothers from when I was younger, but I only her, not my other great-grandparents.  I can remember her teaching me to count to 10 in Italian.

I met my paternal great-grandmother once. It was 1968, when my parents' home town was celebrating its centennial. When my grandfather died, while my dad was just a boy, my grandmother became estranged from my grandfather's family. I learned at some point that my great-grandmother did not like my grandmother, so Grandma naturally gravitated to her relatives and not my grandfather's. My dad grew up closer to his aunts and uncles and cousins on Grandma's side of the family.

I don't remember when my great-grandmother died (I could look it up), or if my dad even went to her funeral.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15666 on: July 27, 2018, 02:56:47 pm »
That's too bad, Jeff.  Family estrangements make things so difficult.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15667 on: July 28, 2018, 10:57:15 am »
Good morning Bettermost Friends!

;D

Hope that everyone is having a good weekend.

My productive stay-cation is still moving forward.   I went through my dressers and closet, and managed to get 4 garbage bags full of clothes packed into my car.

I'm taking them to a place about 30 minutes away from me called "Green Drop".

It's a place to make drop off unwanted items, and they will make sure your donation gets to the charity of your choice.

The charities they server are "National Federation of the Blind", "Military Order of the Purple Heart", "Society of St. Vincent de Paul", and "American Red Cross".

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15668 on: July 30, 2018, 06:30:45 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

;D

Today was the first day back to work.  Thankfully, it was a pretty easy day.  I was able to deal with all the backed-up emails that added up while I was away. 

Hopefully, the rest of the week will  go as smoothly!  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15669 on: July 31, 2018, 05:48:05 pm »
Hiya Bettermost Friends!

It was another good day today!  ;D   I had a loan closing,  but it went smoothly, and I was able to not get too stressed over the course of the day.

I'm home now, and just relaxing for the evening.