Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734995 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15710 on: August 27, 2018, 07:34:32 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

;D

I'm cooking some dinner now, and happy that I have a short work week!  Monday is a holiday (Labor Day) but I took Friday and Tuesday off as well.

;D

Nice to have a mini vacation now!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15711 on: August 29, 2018, 08:32:00 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

I hope everyone is doing well today!   Damn, it's been hot here in NJ the past few days.  It feels good to be home with the A/C on. 

Work has been busy the past few days, but I'm on top of everything, and I'll have everything done before I leave for my time away.  No big plans, just relax and do more stuff around the apartment, but I'm looking forward to it!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15712 on: August 30, 2018, 10:25:57 am »
Damn, it's been hot here in NJ the past few days.

Lucky you! It has been freezing here. Yesterday's high was 72, day before 70. I woke up to a 68-degree house and could hardly restrain myself from cranking up the furnace!

Maybe that cool air will be blowing your way soon.

It feels good to be home with the A/C on.

Don't you have AC at work?  ???

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15713 on: August 30, 2018, 11:40:21 am »
Lucky you! It has been freezing here. Yesterday's high was 72, day before 70. I woke up to a 68-degree house and could hardly restrain myself from cranking up the furnace!

Are you joking? A heater for 68'C. I needed to check 20'C  That is what I had here in London today and it was lovely and warm. Morning was 13'C quite comfortable a thin sweater. Back in Dunedin, we think it is warm if it goes over 18"C (65'F), the heaters only may come on below 14'C (58'F)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15714 on: August 30, 2018, 11:51:20 pm »
Evening Bettermost friends!

;D

Holiday weekend is upon us.  I however,have started early!  I've taken tomorrow off, and Tuesday as well, so I will have a mini-vacation.

:)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15715 on: August 30, 2018, 11:54:13 pm »
Don't you have AC at work?  ???

Yes, we do.  That  day was a very hot day, so even with the A/C in the car it was not comfortable.  It was good to get into the apartment with the A/C on.

Are you joking? A heater for 68'C. I needed to check 20'C  That is what I had here in London today and it was lovely and warm. Morning was 13'C quite comfortable a thin sweater. Back in Dunedin, we think it is warm if it goes over 18"C (65'F), the heaters only may come on below 14'C (58'F)

I'm waiting for cooler weather, not a friend of heat or humidity!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15716 on: August 31, 2018, 10:57:49 am »
Yes, we do.  That  day was a very hot day, so even with the A/C in the car it was not comfortable.  It was good to get into the apartment with the A/C on.

The AC in my car is broken and I haven't bothered to get it fixed, even though the fix might be simple. Even when it worked I rarely used it. I just roll down the windows.

I figure, if I lasted for six summers in New Orleans, one of which I was pregnant, doing a job that required a lot of driving around, without car AC (my old Civic didn't even have it installed), I can probably get through a Minnesota summer.

That said, I don't drive around in the afternoons that much these days and on a couple of really hot days when I did go out, I started looking around for a Dairy Queen.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15717 on: August 31, 2018, 11:28:50 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

That is my extended weekend Happy Dance!  ;D

No real plans for the weekend, just to get some chores done, but it will be nice to have the time away from work!  Only plans for the weekend are to clean the apartment, do laundry, and pick up my groceries, which I ordered today, so I can get them this afternoon.

Today has been a good morning, relaxing and watching trashy tv.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15718 on: August 31, 2018, 11:32:36 am »
That said, I don't drive around in the afternoons that much these days and on a couple of really hot days when I did go out, I started looking around for a Dairy Queen.  ;D

Whenever someone mentions Dairy Queen, I'm reminded of a conversation I had with my late friend, Margaret.

She told me that when she was pregnant with one of her sons, her doctor told her that she should gain weight, but not overdo it, and should get exercise daily.   She lived a mile from her mother, so she would take a daily walk to her mother's home to visit, getting two miles of walking in a day.

However, at the half-mile point, there was a Dairy Queen, so she would get a small vanilla cone on the way to her mom's, and then get a small vanilla cone on her way home, which basically negated the walking.  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15719 on: August 31, 2018, 03:51:22 pm »
 :laugh:  I keep it to just one or two a summer. Always a small vanilla cone. The small vanilla cones are huge -- I can't imagine eating a large one.

I see the potential for some kind of joke there, but I'll just let you all make up your own.