Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735808 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15790 on: October 15, 2018, 10:02:42 am »
I'm going to get an over-sized T-shirt that should go down to my knees, and cut the sleeves off, so it looks like a tunic of sorts.   I got brown cuffs for my wrists, and a gold rope for a belt.  The topper is a hat to put on that looks like snakes, so I will be "Mandusa".

:laugh: I had never heard that term and had to look it up. Good one!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15791 on: October 18, 2018, 06:05:01 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, I was taken to that point today.

Thankfully, after the incident, she was "stressed" and went out to lunch, so I was able to cool off.  :laugh:

Friday can't come soon enough!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15792 on: October 18, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »
Friday can't come soon enough!

Really. This afternoon I reminded myself to put up my "Out of Office" message on Outlook for my vacation before I left the office, and then I thought, "Oh, wait. It's only Thursday!"  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15793 on: October 19, 2018, 06:26:01 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup!  Friday finally got here!  ;D

I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, and this weekend is the Skate America competition!  ;D   I'm happy!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15794 on: October 19, 2018, 06:26:42 pm »
Really. This afternoon I reminded myself to put up my "Out of Office" message on Outlook for my vacation before I left the office, and then I thought, "Oh, wait. It's only Thursday!"  :laugh:

Well, that would be one way to avoid work for an extra day!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15795 on: October 22, 2018, 06:50:46 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

and another weekend has come and gone. 

I had a busy weekend, with a wedding to go to on Saturday, and chores to do on Sunday.  Thankfully, I was able to juggle the schedule around and see the Skate America competition.  However, it wasn't broadcast on TV, so I had to register for an account on NBCSports.com/gold.   Once I did that, I was able to stream the events on my computer.

I'm also a member of GoldenSkates.com, a forum for figure skating fans, so I was able to chat with other fans while watching the event.

The wedding on Saturday was fun!  It was for my friends Mead (the president of my bowling league) and his partner Michael.  They have been together for 25 years and planning to throw a 25th anniversary party.  On a whim Mead proposed to Mike, and he accepted, so they had a wedding reception instead!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15796 on: October 22, 2018, 08:18:52 am »
The wedding on Saturday was fun!  It was for my friends Mead (the president of my bowling league) and his partner Michael.  They have been together for 25 years and planning to throw a 25th anniversary party.  On a whim Mead proposed to Mike, and he accepted, so they had a wedding reception instead!

Nice!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15797 on: October 23, 2018, 11:35:16 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope everyone is doing well today!  ;D

I am on "Staycation" for the rest of the week, and I enjoyed sleeping in today.  :)  Now I'm just relaxing and watching trashy TV.   It's a nice day out, so I'll be leaving for a walk in the park later.

One thing I want to do is drive around and look for houses that have A LOT done for Halloween, and take some pics of them.

Bowling night tonight, so fingers crossed for strikes!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15798 on: October 23, 2018, 08:30:49 pm »
I just started a new full-time job this week (as opposed to the two part-time jobs I've had in recent years). I was working part-time as a newspaper reporter and part-time as a copywriter. Now I'll be FT newspaper reporter. I'm looking forward to the extra money. But already in the first two days I've discovered a problem with working full time: You have to work full time.

My previous jobs added up to FT hours (more or less) but were so flexible that I could work from home, take my dog on a walk at the nicest time of the day, run to the store, throw in a load of laundry ...

It's now just getting dark as I leave work. And getting kind of chilly for dog-walking after dark. And by "chilly" I mean 40s. So chilliness has only just begun.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15799 on: October 24, 2018, 04:20:43 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!!

I'm really enjoying my time off this week.

In fact, I'm getting to something I've been wanting to do, but haven't had the time to.   I'm organizing all my pics that are on my computer, and I'm also downloading all the pics I've uploaded to my various PhotoBucket accounts.  Once I finish with everything, I'm going to store copies on my external hard drive.

I also intend to upload everything to one main PB account, which I have opted to pay for, so if anything disappears from an unpaid account, I can replace the link with a valid one.