Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8745535 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15800 on: October 24, 2018, 04:21:57 pm »
I just started a new full-time job this week (as opposed to the two part-time jobs I've had in recent years). I was working part-time as a newspaper reporter and part-time as a copywriter. Now I'll be FT newspaper reporter. I'm looking forward to the extra money. But already in the first two days I've discovered a problem with working full time: You have to work full time.

My previous jobs added up to FT hours (more or less) but were so flexible that I could work from home, take my dog on a walk at the nicest time of the day, run to the store, throw in a load of laundry ...

It's now just getting dark as I leave work. And getting kind of chilly for dog-walking after dark. And by "chilly" I mean 40s. So chilliness has only just begun.

Oh yeah, the chilliness is just beginning.  It will only get colder from here on out.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15801 on: October 25, 2018, 01:14:01 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Still enjoying my "stay-cation", however, I am occasionally looking at work related emails.  LOL   I just HATE going back to work after a week off, and seeing 200 emails just waiting for me to deal with, so I'm opening my laptop and reviewing my inbox.  Anything that I don't need, I'm deleting right away.  Anything that needs a reply, I'm either taking care of it, or forwarding it to my coworkers to handle.

Was out of the apartment early today, got some shopping done, grabbed the last item I needed for my cheap Halloween costume, and grabbed a slightly heavy jacket to wear in the mornings when it's cooler.

Plan to do grocery shopping tomorrow, and maybe get laundry done as well.  I usually do both of those things on the weekend, but the weather for the upcoming weekend is looking bad, so I think I'll get them done early.  I don't want to be out in the rain trying to juggle groceries or freshly dried laundry.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15802 on: October 26, 2018, 08:53:31 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

TGIF Bettermost Friends.

;D

My "Staycation" is over after today.   Oh well, all good things come to an end.  I shouldn't complain, I have time off in November (Thanksgiving) and one more week off in December.

I'm not sure if we have Veteran's Day off this year.  It falls on a Sunday this year, and I don't think the bank will "observe" the holiday on Monday.  Traditionally Veteran's Day is honored on the day it falls.   If that is the case, I'll get what's called a "floating holiday", so I can use it any day I want.

I plan to be busy today.  Our area is scheduled to get some bad weather this weekend, so I don't want to be out in it.  I'll be getting my groceries today, and doing my laundry.  I'll still go visit mom and dad on Sunday, but I won't want to be carrying freshly dried laundry out in the rain.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15803 on: October 26, 2018, 01:51:11 pm »
[I'm not sure if we have Veteran's Day off this year.  It falls on a Sunday this year, and I don't think the bank will "observe" the holiday on Monday.  Traditionally Veteran's Day is honored on the day it falls.   If that is the case, I'll get what's called a "floating holiday", so I can use it any day I want.

This morning I noticed a sign posted in my local Wells Fargo branch that indicated the bank would be closed Monday, November 12, in observance of Veterans Day.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:55:36 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15804 on: October 26, 2018, 04:59:16 pm »
Thanks Jeff.  I'll have to check and see what is happening at my bank when I get back to work on Monday.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15805 on: October 29, 2018, 08:18:46 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Today was a good day back to work, thankfully!  I was able to get to work on time, get caught up with everything, and finish and leave on time.

Weekend was fun, saw friends on Saturday for a Halloween party.  This month also started the Grand Prix of Figure Skating, so I've been getting caught up with the current crop of skaters.  One skater I'm following now is 17 year old Starr Andrews.

Starr caught internet fame very quickly, when (as a 7 year old) a video of her skating to Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" set the internet on fire, eventually getting more than 50 million views.

Last season was as breakthrough for her.  Her first year on the senior circuit, she finished 7th in the United States at the National Championships.  One of the things that makes it remarkable is that she is not living with her parents, due to her mother's medical condition.  Starr's mother has cardiac microvascular disease, and to date has survived a dozen heart attacks.  She says her goal is to stay healthy enough to see Starr achieve her dreams.

The video below is Starr's breakthrough performance at the US Nationals in 2018.  As the commentators state in the video, Starr is skating to her own singing.  Her reaction after the program, and when she is greeted by her coach touched a lot of people.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08pCoYCSlAw&t=311s[/youtube]

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15806 on: October 29, 2018, 09:03:43 pm »
Awesome! I'm watching "I, Tonya" tonight.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15807 on: October 30, 2018, 08:18:53 am »

Good movie!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15808 on: October 30, 2018, 06:33:31 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing well!

Mischief night tonight!  Y'all best behave yourselves!

I'm going out, but because it's my league's bowling night, and Halloween party.  I most likely won't stay long, but I'll be there.  I have some Halloween cakes I got at the local bakery done up to look like a witch and the slasher from the Scream movies.

Should be fun!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15809 on: October 30, 2018, 06:34:37 pm »

Good movie!

I must admit, I've never seen it, and from what I've been told by figure skating fans who have, that it would annoy me, so I haven't watched it.  I've heard the performances are good!