Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8681090 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15860 on: December 05, 2018, 08:54:08 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!

;D

I had a batch of holiday cards ready to go, and after I got to the post office, realized it was closed for the day of mourning.

Oh well, they're going out tomorrow, then!

Work is chugging along, keeping me busy with the crunch starting for the end of year.   We've been told that we are closing at 3:00 on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.  The days between the two should be pretty slow as well.

I need to spend some time doing shopping this weekend!  Need to get the gifts in order!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15861 on: December 05, 2018, 09:56:34 pm »
I was wondering what companies would do with the holidays in the middle of the work week. THanks for updating us!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15862 on: December 06, 2018, 07:11:52 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

One day closer to Friday, and pay day!

No big plans for the weekend, other than going out to get some shopping done for my niece and her boyfriend for Christmas, and laundry, of course.  ;D

I was wondering what companies would do with the holidays in the middle of the work week. THanks for updating us!

I guess it would depend on the company.  Some may close, others not.  There's a rule about banks being closed for more than 3 days in a row, so we wouldn't be able to be closed Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

It's alright though.  I don't mind going in on Monday before Christmas.....they're letting us out early, so it's still time off.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15863 on: December 09, 2018, 10:40:12 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

As the holidays are getting closer, I'm getting busier!!!

I think I've just about finished my Christmas shopping. 

Mom - "Scaredy Cut - Silent clippers"  She wants them to groom the cat, and cash.
Dad - cash
(mom and dad are opting for mostly cash from us, now that a move may happen in the next few years.  They want to purge, not get new stuff.)
Chris - Strange books.  Chris has a weird sense of humor.
Mike - Raiders blanket, hat, and commemorative coin
Michelle - Eagles blanket, hat and commemorative coin
Shana & Derek - tool set and fishing equipment
Trent - two boxes of crayons and a variety of train, emergency vehicles, and police officers coloring books
Maria - coworker - Card games.  She and her husband get together with friends every weekend to play canasta.  I got her a box of different games.  Uno, Phase 10, Snappy Dressers, and Drunk, Stoned or Stupid.
Sacha - supervisor - She's a mother of 4 year-old twins, but I didn't want to get her twin stuff.  She's always talking about how much she needs to do, so I'm going to get her daily planner and calendar and things like that.

The only mystery is Michelle's brother, Eric.

My weekends are busy too.  I am meeting with mom next weekend for cooking baking stuff, and then the following weekend I have some people coming over for a small holiday gathering.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15864 on: December 10, 2018, 11:39:49 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh, it felt  so good to sleep in today!

On vacation this week, Monday - Thursday.  Back to work on Friday.  I know that sounds silly, but I had 4 days left to use that I had to use by the end of the year, or I'd lose them.

Dentist appointment today for a small filling to be done, and other than that, the day is mine.  ;D

Plan for tomorrow is to go out and get some shopping done, and then I'm meeting coworkers for a happy hour thing in the afternoon, and bowling later on.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15865 on: December 11, 2018, 11:59:10 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh, it felt  so good to sleep in today, again!

Just got finished watching some trashy TV, and now I'm about to go out and get some chores done.  I need to mail more holiday cards,  get some baking supplies, some other gifts for Christmas, and some household stuff.

Then I have to get back home, do some light cleaning, maybe get some more cards done, and then meet coworkers for a 'pre-holidays happy hour' event, and then change and go to bowling.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15866 on: December 11, 2018, 09:34:38 pm »
You may be the most loyal and conscientious adherent to holiday traditions and other festivities I know!

I didn't even get around to putting up the outside Christmas lights this year. It still might not be too late, but ...

I do have a Christmas tree standing in my living room but at the moment it's just plain, with neither lights nor ornaments.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15867 on: December 11, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »
Chuck, I received your card! Thank you so much. It's a very classy design!!

Due to my grandson's birthday on December 1 and my son's birthday today, I'm always going to be playing catch-up for Christmas. I remember when people went out shopping for presents on Christmas Eve. Now, by December 10, it's considered "too late" and we're starting to see bare shelves.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15868 on: December 12, 2018, 10:54:15 am »
Chuck, I received your card! Thank you so much. It's a very classy design!!

Due to my grandson's birthday on December 1 and my son's birthday today, I'm always going to be playing catch-up for Christmas. I remember when people went out shopping for presents on Christmas Eve. Now, by December 10, it's considered "too late" and we're starting to see bare shelves.

My father used to drag me to the mall on the morning of December 24 to find something for him to give my mother. I went along with it, but it annoyed me for sure!  :laugh:

But I really shouldn't laugh. In the pre-internet days, I didn't get into the spirit of shopping for Christmas gifts until much closer to the holiday. Now I tend to buy the few gifts I need to buy much farther ahead of time to insure I can get what I want.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15869 on: December 12, 2018, 05:01:18 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's cold and grey here in NJ!  It's been predicted that there may be some snow tomorrow, but nothing to worry about!

I did some of my final Christmas shopping today, got some TV Tables that I needed, mailed out the last of my Christmas cards!   I think that everything is done now.  ;D

Now I'm just hanging out at home, relaxing, and watching trashy TV.  LOL