Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8739297 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15900 on: December 28, 2018, 11:21:38 pm »
I decided I'm going out on New Year's Eve. Friend EDelMar volunteered to pick me up and drop me off after the festivities are over. What a great friend!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15901 on: December 29, 2018, 02:04:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Welcome to the weekend!

Slept in today, and then had a bit of surprise.  LOL   I had been invited to my friends' house for a holiday party going on today.  They usually have their parties in the evening, and I had missed their Halloween party, so I wanted to make sure I went to this one.

I opened my text invitation, thinking it was starting at 7:00.  Surprise!  It starts at 4:00!   :o

I ran out, got the ingredients for the strombolis I was making (4 of them) and manged  to get home, and get them assembled and in the oven in record time.   They are now cooling on the stove top, and in about 30 minutes or so, I'll slice them up and get them into the container to transport them to the party.

All that's left for me to do is shave and shower, and put on my tacky holiday sweatshirt.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15902 on: December 29, 2018, 02:04:33 pm »
I decided I'm going out on New Year's Eve. Friend EDelMar volunteered to pick me up and drop me off after the festivities are over. What a great friend!!

Oh, that's great to hear!  I hope you have a great time on NYE!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15903 on: December 30, 2018, 08:41:36 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Sunday night is here already, the weekend really seems to fly by!

Just a few short hours, it will be New Year's Day, and then the holidays will be over.

For the first time in a long time, I'm spending NYE at home, just relaxing and taking down my Christmas stuff.  Usually I wait until the weekend after New Year's to do this, but I'm not in the mood to wait until then.  This way, it will be dealt with, and the weekend will be mine to do with as I please.

Sitting here and relaxing at the moment, but I still need to get my laundry put away, and the fresh sheets on the bed.  I'll have to do it soon, as I need to be in bed in two hours.  LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15904 on: January 01, 2019, 07:00:32 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Like I had planned, I stayed home on  NYE and NYD.  I left work early, quick shopping trip, made myself a nice meal, relaxed and watched TV, went online for a bit, and then proceeded to take down my Christmas stuff.  Everything was down, boxed up and put away in the closet by 1:00am, and put away until next year.

;D

I continued the trend today.  I cleaned the place up, and went through some cabinets and the utility closet, collected all the stuff I wasn't using, and ditched it all.   I'm starting 2019 with a clean and less cluttered apartment.

Back to work tomorrow......I'm not sure how busy it will be.   The holidays are over, but some clients may be closed for the week, because it's Wednesday already.   Hopefully, it's a quiet day.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15905 on: January 03, 2019, 06:12:58 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another nice, quiet day at work.  I'm going to miss these 'post-holiday' days, where it's quiet with nothing going on.

;D

Tomorrow is Friday, and payday, so that makes it worth waking up!  :laugh:

Pamela came back from her time off today, and my supervisor (Sacha) is back tomorrow, so everything is back to normal as of then!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15906 on: January 05, 2019, 01:31:02 pm »

Pamela came back from her time off today, and my supervisor (Sacha) is back tomorrow, so everything is back to normal as of then!

I hate that back-to-normal time. Although partly because it usually coincides with the coldest time of year. But it's been really warm. I heard that yesterday's 47 or so broke a record. Most of the snow in my backyard and almost all the ice on my sidewalk is gone.

And looking at the extended forecast, which I take with a grain of salt, it's going to hover a bit above average most days this month. The average high is 22, and most of the forecast days are in the mid-20s or higher. Only a handful in the teens and, I'm pretty sure this is unusual, none in the single digits.

Living in Minneapolis, I can't help having mixed feelings about climate change. Though I'm sure many of my fellow citizens with we had better weather for snowboarding, skating, cross-country skiing, etc.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15907 on: January 05, 2019, 01:51:22 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I had to "old school" grocery shop today.  I usually order my groceries online the day before, and pick them up the next day.  It takes less time than actually going to the store and shopping.  However, the store's website yesterday was acting up and I was unable to order the groceries, so I had to go to the store and do the shopping manually.

Been a while since I've done that.   

Other than that, and laundry on Sunday,  everything else is done and I can just relax.

;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15908 on: January 05, 2019, 08:23:47 pm »
I usually order my groceries online the day before, and pick them up the next day.  It takes less time than actually going to the store and shopping. 

I bet that helps you focus on what you actually need and will use and reduces impulse purchases.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15909 on: January 06, 2019, 06:15:03 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Laundry is done, car is gassed up, and I'm home for the night.

I'm already having to figure out how to schedule time for my birthday.  LOL

Mom wants to have a big thing,  because it's my 50th, and the day before is my dad's 80th.  However, she doesn't want to have a party until May or June.  Trying to throw a party in the winter is hard, weather is unpredictable.  Then, she wants to do a small family gathering this month when the actual birthdays arrive.   I also got an invite for a dinner at the end of the month, and lastly, a friend wants to throw a party at her house.

how many times am I gonna celebrate this birthday?  LOL