Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8743026 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15930 on: January 14, 2019, 01:11:36 pm »

I like the look of it. A lot! It's a beauty!
And it reminds me of previous car, that I had until November, a Hyundai Tuscon.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #15931 on: January 14, 2019, 01:31:50 pm »
But functionally, it's fine, and still has low miles (90,000) for its age (10 years). I believe that's less than Chrissi said she drives in a year! In Europe, where gas is probably still kind of expensive.

I drive roughly 12 000 miles a year. A far way from 90 000. Maybe you misread it as 120 000 in that FB post? Or maybe I accidentally slipped in an additional zero?

Anyway, I just bought a new car last November. A Toyota Auris Hybrid. I'm very happy with it. It's smaller than my previous Hyundai, which gives me the possibility to rent a lot in the parking garage across my workplace, which I did. I've had the parking spot for three days so far and I love it!
And I totally love the hybrid. It really saves me quite some gas. Katherine is right, gas is expensive in Europe. Currently 5,62$ per gallon.

Here's my new drive:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15932 on: January 14, 2019, 06:03:07 pm »
I drive roughly 12 000 miles a year. A far way from 90 000. Maybe you misread it as 120 000 in that FB post? Or maybe I accidentally slipped in an additional zero?

Anyway, I just bought a new car last November. A Toyota Auris Hybrid. I'm very happy with it. It's smaller than my previous Hyundai, which gives me the possibility to rent a lot in the parking garage across my workplace, which I did. I've had the parking spot for three days so far and I love it!
And I totally love the hybrid. It really saves me quite some gas. Katherine is right, gas is expensive in Europe. Currently 5,62$ per gallon.

Here's my new drive:

Well, now I'm more confused than ever!  :laugh:  Maybe because you left a space, I think, where here we would use a comma. But anyway, my car is 10 years old and has 90,000 miles on the odometer, meaning it has been driven just under 10,000 miles a year. I think the average here might be 15,000.

Last time I looked, gas here was about $2.20 a gallon.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15933 on: January 14, 2019, 06:10:53 pm »
90,000 miles in a year would be nearly 250 miles a day!!  :o
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15934 on: January 14, 2019, 06:24:44 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Weekends pass too quickly!!!!

Today was a little busy, but things seemed to fall into place, and I was able to leave on time.

I took some of the stuff to the office for the birthday lunch tomorrow, the plates, some spreads, chips and rolls.  Tomorrow I'll be getting the cold cuts on the way to work.   I'm also going to buy some cookies to take to bowling.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15935 on: January 14, 2019, 06:29:12 pm »
Or perhaps you won't need a car by then. I keep hearing that self-driving cars are going to be common any day now. And when they are, I assume some will operate like Uber only cheaper because there's no driver to pay. You summon one with your phone, have it take you to work (or wherever) and summon another to go home.

I'm looking forward to that day and to saying bye-bye to car ownership and all of its hassles. Not to mention the massive amount of real estate occupied by parking lots, parking ramps and garages.

I'm not sure I'd trust those self-driving cars.  It would take a big leap of faith for me to get into one of those.

LOL     I turn 75 in March so have to renew my licence. In NZ driving licences last 10 years but they only gave me a licence for 9 years when I moved here in 2010. I have to go for a medical but do not expect any problems. I  will then have a licence for another 5 years.

Ten years, that's a long time.  I think in the US driver's licenses are renewed every 3 years or so.

Anyway, I just bought a new car last November. A Toyota Auris Hybrid. I'm very happy with it. It's smaller than my previous Hyundai, which gives me the possibility to rent a lot in the parking garage across my workplace, which I did. I've had the parking spot for three days so far and I love it!   And I totally love the hybrid. It really saves me quite some gas. Katherine is right, gas is expensive in Europe. Currently 5,62$ per gallon.

Here's my new drive:

Oh, she's a beauty!  Good luck with her!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15936 on: January 14, 2019, 11:25:16 pm »
I'm not sure I'd trust those self-driving cars.  It would take a big leap of faith for me to get into one of those.

Well, they've driven millions of miles in them and so far the accident rate is far, far lower than it is with human drivers. One article I saw said the biggest fear with self-driving cars is that they're so safe there'll be a shortage of organ donations!  :o

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15937 on: January 14, 2019, 11:26:50 pm »
90,000 miles in a year would be nearly 250 miles a day!!  :o

I guess it would be possible if you commuted to work about five hours round trip, every day.  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15938 on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:35 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is ready for a great weekend!

Tomorrow I'll be waking up to some wintery weather.  Perhaps 1 - 3 inches of snow.  Then on Saturday the family is getting together for my bday and dad's bday.  Saturday night into Sunday, more snow.  Monday is a holiday, so no work and extra time to clean up the snow.

;D

Well, they've driven millions of miles in them and so far the accident rate is far, far lower than it is with human drivers. One article I saw said the biggest fear with self-driving cars is that they're so safe there'll be a shortage of organ donations!  :o

I don't know.....there's just something about them that I don't trust yet.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15939 on: January 17, 2019, 10:24:47 pm »
Here are some pics from my job, at the birthday luncheon we had.