Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8740974 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15950 on: January 24, 2019, 12:22:21 pm »
:o :o :o!
Sorry to turn Chuck's blog into the weather report, but it's snowing here in Colorado, very pretty gentle snow. It's supposed to taper off by noon.

How nice!  :)  Too bad it's going to taper off so soon.  :(

All we have is rain. Again.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15951 on: January 24, 2019, 11:20:35 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

I'm going to have a BUSY weekend this weekend.

I had mentioned that I had friends and family that wanted to celebrate my birthday.  That was supposed to happen last weekend.  However, things got cancelled due to the predicted bad weather, and that didn't arrive, but the parties were canceled by then.

Friday I have dinner with friends.  Saturday I have the family party, and I have to get laundry done.  Sunday I have a bowling function in the early afternoon, and then later a birthday party at my friends' house.  I'm glad that I'll be seeing so many people.....but it's all falling on the weekend of the US National Figure Skating championships, which means I'm missing three days of events, which I generally wait all year to see.  LOL.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15952 on: January 24, 2019, 11:26:37 pm »
By bitter cold, are you talking a high of 13 below zero? Because that's the forecast here for next Wednesday  :o >:(

The other days next week are balmier -- it's supposed to soar into the single below-zero digits and even up to 2 degrees by Thursday. And on Friday ... 12! T-shirt weather.

Get me out of here.  :(

It was in the mid-teens when I posted that.  Today, it was in the 50s, and then tonight it's dropping down to the 20s.  ::)

:o :o :o!
Sorry to turn Chuck's blog into the weather report, but it's snowing here in Colorado, very pretty gentle snow. It's supposed to taper off by noon.

I want snow!  All we're getting lately is rain!

How nice!  :)  Too bad it's going to taper off so soon.  :(

All we have is rain. Again.  >:(

Yes, tired of the rain!  How about some snow?!?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15953 on: January 25, 2019, 11:30:16 pm »
I'd give you some, but weirdly there is hardly any snow in Minneapolis so far. Well into January there were only patches of snow on the ground. There were lots of above-freezing days, to the point that I wrote a story about how one of the big lakes here that had frozen over so smoothly people were skating, playing hockey, etc. The lake is big enough that there are 14 cities around it, so they were going from town to town.

Now there's a very light dusting. I haven't even shoveled like I should because it's no big deal to walk on it. More snow is possible early next week, probably only 2-4" in Minneapolis, which is plenty for me. Less would be even better. But I think even that would be the heaviest snow so far this year.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15954 on: January 26, 2019, 03:52:20 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

My weekend is suddenly not as busy as it was supposed to be.

Mom sent a message on FB that she has bronchitis, so the family dinner/party for today is cancelled.  I will spend today relaxing and getting laundry done.  I can also catch up on the figure skating events I've taped.  ;D

Tomorrow is the bowling brunch, and party at my friends' house.

I can tell my mom is upset, so I'm going to tell her to relax, and do a combined party in February which would cover birthdays for Derek (Trent's dad), my bday, dad's bday, my brother Chris' bday, and my parents' wedding anniversary.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15955 on: January 26, 2019, 03:54:34 pm »
I'd give you some, but weirdly there is hardly any snow in Minneapolis so far. Well into January there were only patches of snow on the ground. There were lots of above-freezing days, to the point that I wrote a story about how one of the big lakes here that had frozen over so smoothly people were skating, playing hockey, etc. The lake is big enough that there are 14 cities around it, so they were going from town to town.

Now there's a very light dusting. I haven't even shoveled like I should because it's no big deal to walk on it. More snow is possible early next week, probably only 2-4" in Minneapolis, which is plenty for me. Less would be even better. But I think even that would be the heaviest snow so far this year.

That's really not a lot of snow.  We did have that one early storm, that dropped about 6 inches on us, but nothing since then.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15956 on: January 29, 2019, 06:11:32 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Beware!  The polar vortex is coming!!!

Hope you all are able to stay warm and cozy the next few days!   I left work early today, so I'm already relaxing at home, but tonight is bowling night, so I'm still going out later.

LOL

Guess I'll find out what the commute is like tomorrow.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15957 on: January 30, 2019, 09:39:45 am »
My commute yesterday was a breeze because every sane person stayed home. At least I get a good spot in the (unheated) parking ramp on days like this. Currently minus 28F, up a degree from when I got up an hour ago. Predicted high is -13.

I have Denver's weather on my phone and notice temps there this week are going to be in the high 40s and 50s.

I also have New York, and it looks like you'll be above freezing today and in the 50s by early next week.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15958 on: January 31, 2019, 10:31:45 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, the bad weather they said was coming didn't come.  It did get extremely cold.  there was a lot less traffic than usual, so getting to work the past few days has been better than usual.

:)

Tomorrow is Friday, and pay day!  I got extra cash for my birthday, so I can take less out of my paycheck than usual, and put it towards the new car purchase.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15959 on: January 31, 2019, 10:33:14 pm »
My commute yesterday was a breeze because every sane person stayed home. At least I get a good spot in the (unheated) parking ramp on days like this. Currently minus 28F, up a degree from when I got up an hour ago. Predicted high is -13.

I have Denver's weather on my phone and notice temps there this week are going to be in the high 40s and 50s.

I also have New York, and it looks like you'll be above freezing today and in the 50s by early next week.

Yes, I saw the temps for the coming week, up to the 50s again!  I'm waiting for when it drops down again, and hopefully we get snow.  I'd like one nice snowstorm before the end of winter.

;D