Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734384 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15970 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:14 pm »
I hadn't noticed that -- and at first I thought you and I were on a different schedule -- but you're right! Yeehaw!!

Looks like the most recent one was November. I thought they only came twice a year, which made me think they'd be separated by six months.

UPDATE: Never mind, it appears I miscalculated and you and I ARE on different schedules. There are three Fridays in March, but I get paid on the Fridays in between. Looks like for me the next three-paycheck month is May, which would fit my every-six-month understanding.

Yes, I think we're on different schedules.  My 3 paycheck months are March and I believe August.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15971 on: February 13, 2019, 10:59:26 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hump day!

;D

Been a few busy days here.  Yesterday was my  brother Chris' birthday, and today was mom and dad's 54th wedding anniversary.    I also spent the day working from home yesterday, due to the bad weather, so in between customers, I cleaned up the apartment.  ;D

I like being productive.

today on the way home, I stopped by the comic store, something I haven't done in a while, to get a new book that was released today,  Issue #1 of Wonder Twins.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15972 on: February 18, 2019, 02:52:24 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I'm off work today, enjoying having a three-day holiday weekend!

Work has been interesting lately, so the day off is needed.  LOL

First, I had a meeting with my immediate supervisor about the annual bonus and merit increase.  It turns out that I earned a rating of "exceeds expectations", and because of that, I would be getting a good merit increase, and 150% of my bonus.

;D

Then, on Thursday, another situation happened.

At the end of last year, we had a client ("XYC Co.") who had their account experience fraudulent activity.  I was able to help them resolve it.  Of course, it was a stressful situation, but on top of that, they were unhappy with fees their account was being charged with.

Unfortunately, their Relationship Manager was not attentive, and neither was their Cash Management officer.  During the week  between Christmas and New Year's,  both the Relationship Manager and Cash Management Officer both resigned from the bank.  Before we could contact any clients,  "XYZ Co." sent an email to them both, and got the return message that these people were no longer with the bank.
 So now they were not happy with the turnover on the account, or the service they were getting.

Our new team lead, their new relationship manager, and their new cash management person all went on the same day to visit them and smooth things over, the client basically informed them that they are actively shopping other banks, and will make a decision later.

When they returned, I got an email from the new team lead, who said in his message that the client told them all that the only reason they are still with the bank is "because of the great service Chuck gives us, anything we need, he gets done quickly and correctly."

Our new team lead ("J") went on to thank me for that, and say that if our bank retains this account, it's because of the way I've handled he account in the past, and how I do so currently.  He sent that email to the relationship manager ("N"), and then included my new boss ("D"), my immediate supervisor ("S"), his own boss  ("J's" boss, "E"), and "E's" boss (another "D").

This got the attention of other people, namely, one of my coworkers, who is now angry and jealous that I got such attention, and is starting to complain that she's overworked and if I'm so good I should take some of her workload.

::) ::) ::)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15973 on: February 18, 2019, 03:36:51 pm »
Workplace squabbles are the worst!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15974 on: February 19, 2019, 07:07:25 am »
Workplace squabbles are the worst!!

Nothing that I can't handle.....and truth be told, I'm getting a little bit of joy seeing how bothered she is.  LOL

Others are noticing as well,  so she's not making herself look good!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15975 on: February 20, 2019, 06:39:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Yup, we've had a blast of winter weather blow through my area today.  It started about noon, and as of now, it's still lightly snowing.  Overnight it's supposed to get warmer, and turn to rain, which will wash it all away, so no need to shovel.  :)

Word started to spread that it could get bad ( we have about 3 inches) so people left  the office to work from home when the snow started to really fall, and I was one of them.  I'm glad I did.  It was getting bad, traffic-wise, at that point, so I got home relatively easily.

Tomorrow is supposed to be bonus day, the day the bonus shows up in my account.  :)  We'll see how much I get, after taxes.  LOL

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15976 on: February 21, 2019, 10:14:22 pm »
Yup, we've had a blast of winter weather blow through my area today.  It started about noon, and as of now, it's still lightly snowing.  Overnight it's supposed to get warmer, and turn to rain, which will wash it all away, so no need to shovel.  :)

Lucky you're so nice, Chuck, or else I would have to exert all my energy to restrain myself from saying FU.  :laugh: :laugh:

Not that I would ever do that. But I had to leave my car in the parking ramp downtown last night and get a ride home in a friend's SUV because I wasn't sure I'd be able to drive through the city streets, and knew for sure I wouldn't be able to park in front of my house without getting stuck.

So it stayed there, nice and sheltered, in the ramp where I have a monthly contract, so I didn't even have to brush it off in the morning. It worked out pretty well, actually.

Except that at home I had to tackle the sidewalk, the front walk, the porch, a path for the mail carriers to pass from house to house, and a space for Charlie to go out back where the snow isn't over his head. The fresh snow was at the top of my boots.

Tomorrow is supposed to be bonus day, the day the bonus shows up in my account.  :)  We'll see how much I get, after taxes.  LOL

Good luck!  :D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15977 on: February 23, 2019, 03:42:46 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is doing well  this weekend!

I stayed a little later at work Friday afternoon than usual.  I am off Monday, and later in the afternoon on Friday I had some customer requests that came in.  I didn't want them sitting around until Tuesday when I got back, so I stayed later to get everything done.

My bonus arrived on Thursday, and damn......a bigger chunk than I expected was taken by taxes.  Oh well. I still had a nice credit to my account, so I did what I needed to with it (bulked up my Christmas club and savings account for the new car purchase in May/June) and now everything is done.

March is a 3 paycheck month, so I'll be budgeting carefully so I can get more into the savings for the new car.  :)   

Sunday is an Oscar party that I'm going too, so I need to get my laundry done earlier than usual, and have to run out to buy cupcakes for the party.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15978 on: February 23, 2019, 04:14:22 pm »
I just checked my NZ Government Superannuation Payment is Tuesday and I get 3 payments in April.
More important for me is my Private Superannuation payments whichI have chosen to be every 3 months. The complication is they are paid into my Australian bank.
Usually I leave it there and use my Australian Mastercard when travelling but this year I have to  pay for my hernia operation here in NZ. I have the money in NZ but it would leave me with only a little for anything else that might come up. So on Wednesday I sent an email to the company (World Bank Australia branch) that gives a good exchange rate and asked them to buy and transfer NZ$10,000.
I had not used them since 2016 so got a phone call (I was in a museum). Could not understand much with my hearing and her Chinese accent and it got worse when a group of children came up near me at the exhibits.
When I got home there was an email and I had to send a photo of my new passport (now 3 years old), also a photo of a utility notice confirming my address (We do not have those anymore but I sent a council rates notice) and give the reason for sending money.
Got another phone call (this time at home and a good Aussie accent) but they still got confused and asked for Au$10,000 which bought NZ$10,214 but I decided to leave it at that. Surprised it was in my NZ bank by Thursday evening, use to take longer.  However the exchange rate was only 1.0214. I was very lucky when I moved here in 2010 and sent over Au$300,000 to buy my house and the exchange rate was 1.3, even in 2016 it was over 1.1.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #15979 on: February 23, 2019, 06:25:24 pm »
What's a christmas club?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre