Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8745120 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16250 on: October 12, 2019, 11:54:25 am »
I'm glad to hear your father is doing well.

Early this year a friend of mine who is only about four or five years older than me had a "mini-stroke." He needed to have a carotid artery cleaned out, and he's completely recovered. I'll be seeing him this evening, as he uses my second ballet ticket.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16251 on: October 14, 2019, 04:15:44 pm »
Glad to hear about  your dad's progress, Chuck.

All the best for his recovery!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16252 on: October 14, 2019, 08:59:27 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It was a busy weekend.  ;D

Friday night I went over to my friends' house for a small dinner party.  Saturday I did some chores and went to a yard sale my friends were having.  Sunday was laundry day.   Today I took mom and dad out to lunch, and then took them to get some chores done.

We made the plans for lunch before dad had his mini-stroke, and he felt well enough to go through with the plans, so we went to Blaze Pizza.

It's fast food pizza, but it's really fresh.   It's made in front of you, you customize it as  you want, and it's set up like a cafeteria line, and you go through 6 stations.

DOUGH/CRUST:  original dough (v) • high-rise dough (v) • cauliflower crust (gf)* • keto crust (gf)*

SAUCES: classic red sauce • spicy red sauce • white cream sauce • garlic pesto sauce

CHEESES: feta • goat • gorgonzola • ovalini mozzarella • parmesan • ricotta • shredded mozzarella • vegan cheese

MEATS: applewood bacon • grilled chicken • italian meatballs • italian sausage • pepperoni • salame • smoked ham • spicy chorizo (vegan)

VEGGIES: artichokes • banana peppers • black olives • cherry tomatoes • chopped garlic • fresh basil • green bell peppers • jalapenos • kalamata olives • mushrooms • oregano • pineapple • red onions • red peppers • roasted garlic • spinach

FINISHES: arugula • balsamic glaze • bbq drizzle • buffalo sauce • pesto • olive oil • ranch

They pop it into a fire oven,  and after a few minutes, your pizza is ready.

https://blazepizza.com/

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16253 on: October 14, 2019, 09:49:26 pm »
Wow, that's a pizza place I could really go for! I wish there were one in my neighborhood!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16254 on: October 15, 2019, 10:37:53 am »
Wow, that's a pizza place I could really go for! I wish there were one in my neighborhood!

Yeah, that sounds really neat--like a Subway for pizza!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16255 on: October 15, 2019, 02:34:24 pm »
That sounds typical American. On my first visit to USA (New York) in 1980 I remember ordering a sandwich and being asked what type of bread. All I knew was white or brown. We do have more choices now perhaps 3 or 4 and I ask for multi-grain. Then on my visit to LA in 1999 my host took me and a Canadian guy who was also staying with him out to breakfast and again I was floored by all the choices of egg. Actually I do not have eggs for breakfast anymore.
It took me a long time to go to Subway because of the choices. I go regularly now but nearly always have the same thing. 6 inch Italian with 3 pepper chicken and avocado, Old English cheese, toasted, spinach or lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, ranch sauce (use to be Italian but no longer available) pepper no salt. I hate having to make decisions re food.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16256 on: October 20, 2019, 09:26:22 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone has had a great weekend!

This weekend  was the start of figure skating season,  and I spent Saturday at home, watching the Skate America competition.  Feels good to see skating again.

Monday and Tuesday the building is having our annual heat inspections, so I spent today doing laundry and getting the apartment cleaned so it would be presentable  when people came walking through.  It's nice to be going to bed knowing the apartment is clean.

Dad went to his next visit to the doctor, and the doctor is pleased with his progress.  He even cleared my dad to start driving again, as long as it is for short distances around town.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16257 on: October 21, 2019, 01:46:58 am »
Glad your Dad is improving.
Thankful I do not have any home inspections. I am up to date with the washing, we have had a lot of wet weather and did the ironing today. My sister is visiting at the end of November and some friends (actually students from my class of '73) a few days after my sister leaves so one thorough clean will cover both. Still 5 weeks away but I know it will creep up on me quickly.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16258 on: November 04, 2019, 04:04:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone doing??

Been busy on my end!

I'm just realizing that my last post was before Halloween, so allow me to back-track!

I had 4 Halloween functions  to go to:  Two parties on the Saturday before Halloween, a lunch on the Monday before Halloween, and my bowling party luncheon the Tuesday before Halloween.  Of course, I committed to making food for each of these events, so I ended up making 12 stromboli!   I was glad when that was over!

For the Halloween parties I dressed up as The Heat Miser.  He was a cartoon character from the 70s Christmas cartoon "The Year Without A Santa Claus".

The actual day of Halloween was quiet.  Got home after work, and just relaxed that evening.

This week,  I'm on a "stay-cation", so I'm at home and relaxing, and getting different things done.   Today I took down all the Halloween stuff, and put up the Thanksgiving stuff.

Dad is still doing well.  He's not back at work, but he continues to exercise and improve and is driving around for limited distances.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16259 on: November 04, 2019, 06:08:54 pm »
Glad your dad is doing well, Chuck!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre