Author Topic: Divergent Dreams and Minnesota Dreams - by racchelle  (Read 27340 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Divergent Dreams and Minnesota Dreams - by racchelle
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:10:07 pm »

Heya,

I'm starting a new thread for these two really nice stories by racchelle.

Divergent Dreams is complete in 36 chapters.

Here's the link to chapter 1:  http://racchelle.livejournal.com/3977.html#cutid1

And just tonight the sequel to Divergent Dreams, titled Minnesota Dreams was updated.  It's in progress and now has 14 chapters.

Here's a link to chapter 1 of Minnesota Dreams: http://racchelle.livejournal.com/19438.html#cutid1

8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Divergent Dreams and Minnesota Dreams - by racchelle
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 02:36:43 am »
Thanks Amanda-

I tackled both stories one weekend-my butt still hurts from sitting in one place for hours. I'm really enjoying these stories and like her writing style.

Heathen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 03:49:31 pm »
Hi RouxB!

Yeah, I really enjoy these stories.  I like the complexities of the family dynamics that she includes.  She still updates Minnesota Dreams once in a while, which is great.  It's often a bit of a wait between updates at least lately, but the wait is always worth it.
:)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 04:02:29 pm »
Hi RouxB!

Yeah, I really enjoy these stories.  I like the complexities of the family dynamics that she includes.  She still updates Minnesota Dreams once in a while, which is great.  It's often a bit of a wait between updates at least lately, but the wait is always worth it.

Ahhh...maybe the infrequent updates are the reason this one has escaped me so far!  I'm thinking Divergent Dreams may have been completed before I discovered the BBM ficworld.  But they both sound interesting and it's nice to know the first one is complete. Sounds like some good reading for a lazy weekend.

Thanks, Amanda  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 04:16:35 pm »
Ahhh...maybe the infrequent updates are the reason this one has escaped me so far!  I'm thinking Divergent Dreams may have been completed before I discovered the BBM ficworld.  But they both sound interesting and it's nice to know the first one is complete. Sounds like some good reading for a lazy weekend.

Thanks, Amanda  :)

Marie

Hi Marei!

Yes, I definitely recommend Divergent Dreams.  It is complete and stands alone nicely as it's own story... and you're right I think it was completed a long time ago.  I feel like there are stories in the fic world that are more "domestic" than others in that they focus a lot on the family dynamics... how Ennis and Jack incorporate their kids into their joint life, etc. more than others and this is definitely one of those stories.  Of course, there are a lot of other elements to the story too (romantic, etc.). I remember that it's very smart.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 11:08:34 pm »
Yeehaw!!!

Minnesota Dreams was updated tonight with chapter 15!

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/35594.html?view=441354#t441354

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
SPOILERS

It took me a while, but I'm caught up on this series.  You're right, Amanda - it is very smart!  That's a good description.  J&E have developed a lovely extended family that includes not only their children, but other great characters.  There is a gentle quality about this story that's really nice.

But that's not to say it's not without complexity or angst.  Junior certainly is displaying some signs of being sexually abused, but then again, it could be a lot of things.  I hope Ennis listens to his inner voice and pursues this further. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 02:50:06 pm »
Chapter 17 is up!

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/42277.html

I haven't read it yet - Chapter 16 was posted in February, and I'm afraid I've forgotten some of the details, so I'm going to have to re-read Chapter 16 first, but I'm looking forward to it.  I wonder if we'll find out more about Junior...

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 02:52:49 pm »

Hi Marie! :)

Yup, I re-read Chap 16 and then read the new update last night. I was so excited to see the update.  And, re-reading Chap. 16 is definitely enough to remember what's going on in the story.  Neither chapter is super long, so it didn't take too long.

It's such a good story.  Hope there's more soon. :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 02:59:58 pm »

Hi Marie! :)

Yup, I re-read Chap 16 and then read the new update last night. I was so excited to see the update.  And, re-reading Chap. 16 is definitely enough to remember what's going on in the story.  Neither chapter is super long, so it didn't take too long.

It's such a good story.  Hope there's more soon. :)

Oh, thanks, Amanda!   :)  I was wondering if I'd need to go back even further so that's good to know! 

Marie