Author Topic: How Do You Feel About Circumcision?  (Read 42653 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: How Do You Feel About Circumcision?
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2007, 04:43:04 am »
Personally I see no reason for it unless there is a medical problem that makes it or something similar necessary.  My husband is circumcised my brother is not.   My friends son had a problem and the doctors recommended circumcision but she being a nurse knew that all that was really needed was to free the foreskin making it more mobile.  The Doctors raise questions of hygeine which my friend said was not an issue for her since she is scruplous about hygeine with her children.  So it was agreed on and done with minimum fuss and pain, now the young man in question is 18 and has no problems.   

I do know from listen to folks and reading things here that this is indeed a touch a subject.  I came across this article I thought was very well written:

Circumcision: A Touchy Debate
To cut or not to cut? This divisive issue is coming to a head
By Linda Kirkham

It can be read here: http://www.jackinworld.com/library/articles/circ.html
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2007, 09:13:27 am »
For people who are interested, I came across this resource on the history of circumcision.

http://www.historyofcircumcision.net/

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2007, 11:35:43 am »

Can I borrow a Kidney later if I need one?      :laugh:

Heh, that's what I was thinking.  Whatever you got two of, if you had to, you could still lose one and be functional.  8)

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2007, 12:14:54 pm »
It's like, you pull back the wrapping, and there's a nice surprise inside!

And if they haven't been as clean as they should be, yeah, it'll be a big surprise alright.  :laugh:

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 02:29:36 pm »
And if they haven't been as clean as they should be, yeah, it'll be a big surprise alright.

Yeah...  wouldn't going down on an uncut one be, uh, tastier?  And not in a good way?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 07:00:21 pm »

Yeah...  wouldn't going down on an uncut one be, uh, tastier?  And not in a good way?

Why do you say that? It implies that uncircumsized men are less hygienic, or that keeping an uncirc-ed penis clean is much more difficult. Frankly, I don't think that's true, based on my experience with my son. We taught him what to do when he was little (just like we taught him how to blow his nose and wipe his ass). When he got older, his (male) pediatrician reinforced the teaching...and conveyed to me that my son was doing what he needed to do. No big deal....

This cleanliness issue is one of the "circumcision YES!" myths, IMHO.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 07:37:52 pm »
       So now the ability to draw your own conclusion is being either  stupid or uptight. I disagree with that.
I never resort to name calling when talking about these issues.  So maybe we are now reverting to name calling and
spiteful words, instead of talk and discussion.   Thats unfortunate.. If i chose to make choices on the best information
I have available at the time...then I am stupid.......??  And have issues with bodily functions, and smells..TAL. I had four
babies to take care of.  And train, never mind the grandchildren..I am personally very well aware of those things, and
I am not at all afraid of them.
       I would never say anyones choice was wrong.  I would like the same respect, and regard. I know that everyone
who has had to make this decision did not make it, without serious thought.  It is a thing of private decision and deep
caring involved.  It is everyones personal right to choose..and certainly not my right to denegrate or talk hatefully
to people that have opposing ideas.

Beautiful mind

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2007, 02:15:03 am »
And if they haven't been as clean as they should be, yeah, it'll be a big surprise alright.  :laugh:

You're going to know that long before you pull back any foreskin.  If his hygene is so poor it won't just be his penis that is less than springtime fresh.  So if YOU get any unpleasant surprises you must have a cold or other olfactory issue that you might want to have checked.

So now the ability to draw your own conclusion is being either  stupid or uptight. I disagree with that.
I never resort to name calling when talking about these issues.  So maybe we are now reverting to name calling and
spiteful words, instead of talk and discussion.   Thats unfortunate.. If i chose to make choices on the best information
I have available at the time...then I am stupid.......??  And have issues with bodily functions, and smells..TAL. I had four
babies to take care of.  And train, never mind the grandchildren..I am personally very well aware of those things, and
I am not at all afraid of them.
       I would never say anyones choice was wrong.  I would like the same respect, and regard. I know that everyone
who has had to make this decision did not make it, without serious thought.  It is a thing of private decision and deep
caring involved.  It is everyones personal right to choose..and certainly not my right to denegrate or talk hatefully
to people that have opposing ideas.

I agree with Janice, everyone here is entitled to their opinions based on their own life's experiences and no one deserves to be ridiculed for them.  We have some abrupt and opinionated folks around here who often speak their mind in a blunt manner without thinking about how it sounds to others.  If we expect to be treated with respect than we must give respect as well. Especially when discussing controversial topics.

Just my 2 cents
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2007, 03:49:18 am »
Okay. Having read all this, I finally voted: It depends.   :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2007, 11:11:30 am »
We have some abrupt and opinionated folks around here who often speak their mind in a blunt manner without thinking about how it sounds to others.  If we expect to be treated with respect than we must give respect as well.

I think you're right, Dottie, that some folks are opinionated, say things bluntly, and don't realize how their words may be read. I agree, when writing about heated controversial topics -- and let's see now, in the past few days I've been involved in discussions here of circumcision, abortion, the death penalty, and whether almost all straight people are homophobic -- it pays to be very, very careful. And people aren't always careful but, in many cases, I don't think there is an intention to offend or show disrespect.

The words that, as I understand it, are in question in this case, I did not take personally, even though they were used by someone expressing an opinion opposite my own.

That's just MY 2 cents.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 03:33:16 pm by ineedcrayons »