Author Topic: Keeping BetterMost Alive...  (Read 9856 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Keeping BetterMost Alive...
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 06:06:23 pm »
all sounds amazing Mr P!! Loving your work! ;D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 06:20:31 pm »
Thanks from me as well Phillip. I realized about a week ago that I was, while still pretty obsessed with all things Brokeback Mountain, really more obsessed with this forum and all the friends I've made here. My peeps still think I'm crazy but I don't plex about it. I feel as though I've been given a gift (oh Celeste!) that just continues to grow (Ray my love) and multiply (my crazy tent buddies and the ever-present Chris). To keep this fresh and growing is to keep me growing. As long as we don't forget our roots-because I am nowhere near ready to let go of the Mountain, I look forward to seeing your plans made reality. Just as long as I can say "whoa" if you get rid a them beans!

Heathen

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 06:26:15 pm »
Responding to your original post, it seems to me like the board is quite lively lately. New things seem to spring up. I'm very interested in the BBM get-togethers; fighting discriminatory legislation; reviewing new media, movies, and books; finding out where film festivals and art houses are bringing back the movie; and, as always, discussing the movie and story.

I've been reading about online communities such as Facebook and I think that BetterMost is an excellent example of such a community. Every once in a while someone gets bent out of shape over something and that may set us back while we mull over the problem but we torque back into our original positions fairly fast.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 06:39:51 pm »

So, if users approve, I'd like to start bringing new features into the mix that emphasize community a bit more than just movie.  None of the old stuff will be removed - I just want to consider focusing new stuff more on our lives in general and less on the movie.

APPROVED!!!!!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 06:48:25 pm »
Responding to your original post, it seems to me like the board is quite lively lately. New things seem to spring up. I'm very interested in the BBM get-togethers; fighting discriminatory legislation; reviewing new media, movies, and books; finding out where film festivals and art houses are bringing back the movie; and, as always, discussing the movie and story.

I've been reading about online communities such as Facebook and I think that BetterMost is an excellent example of such a community. Every once in a while someone gets bent out of shape over something and that may set us back while we mull over the problem but we torque back into our original positions fairly fast.

Were you reading that Facebook piece in the New Yorker, Lee? So was I, just today! And it reminded me of us, too, only on a much larger scale, of course. I think what Phillip calls our small-town feel makes it especially fun.

I am still obsessed with the movie, so I'm hoping we still keep finding things to say about it. But I also feel really lucky to be part of this community. What a fun and unusual experience! Often when I'm not thinking about the movie I am thinking about people here, your various unique personalities, how I'm starting to develop really strong images of each person even if my concrete information is still patchy. So thanks for everything, Phillip!

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 10:14:48 pm »
APPROVE....APPROVE....APPROVE....APPROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just awstruck at the dedication Phip hass brought to all of us and this board...he IS the MAN!!!!

Hi Ruby...Ray...everyone!! hope to get back to the chat room...SOON...maybe even tonight!!

GAYLEE
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 01:50:16 pm »
 :) I keep trying to remember what I was doing this time last year and am drawing a blank - it feels like a lot longer than it actually is since I first came on this board - it's so nice to have a second home.............. :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist