Author Topic: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?  (Read 21269 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 01:17:59 am »
I think about Brokback Mountain all the time.... and watch it at least 3 or 4 times a week. I have been known to watch it 3 times a day, but not very often.

I am to the point where I can pretty much watch the movie in my head.  I did this last night when the power went out.

Pretty bad, huh?? :o
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 02:20:47 pm »
I saw your post, David, about the power outage and playing the movie in your mind.  I wanted to comment there but now I've lost it; anyhow, it's just phenomenal that you can do that.  I don't think I could review the entire film in one sitting that way - not because of lack of knowledge, per se, but more lack of attention span on my part.

I do listen to the soundtrack before bed and sometimes review my most comforting scenes - usually the bucolic drive of the sheep up the mountain or the 'sweet life' campfire scene (omitting Ennis' Earl and Rich memory of course).  Some of these have become meditations for me.

And there's the way the movie characters have infiltrated my internal dialogue, thinking of my 'inner Jack' or 'inner Ennis', and so forth.

Lynne

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 04:06:18 pm »
I saw your post, David, about the power outage and playing the movie in your mind.  I wanted to comment there but now I've lost it; anyhow, it's just phenomenal that you can do that.  I don't think I could review the entire film in one sitting that way - not because of lack of knowledge, per se, but more lack of attention span on my part.

I do listen to the soundtrack before bed and sometimes review my most comforting scenes - usually the bucolic drive of the sheep up the mountain or the 'sweet life' campfire scene (omitting Ennis' Earl and Rich memory of course).  Some of these have become meditations for me.

And there's the way the movie characters have infiltrated my internal dialogue, thinking of my 'inner Jack' or 'inner Ennis', and so forth.

Lynne

Hi Lynne! It certainly comes in handy when there is no electricity (which sometimes happens here in Indiana. We get some pretty big thunderstorms out here). But it is really more visual. I guess  I don't really hear all the words. I guess I SEE it in my mind, more than I HEAR it. (I have troubles remembering exactly what the characters say in certain parts of  the movie). I really don't want to make it out to be more than it is. I'm sure there are others who can do it, but I sure did surprise myself the other night.  It surprised me that I could pretty much SEE the movie visually from beginning to end. But Brokeback Mountain is over 2 hours long in length, and when I watched the movie in my mind, it only took about 45 minutes. So you can see what I mean! But it sure helped to pass the time while I waited for the electricity to  come back on. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 08:45:22 am »
Most of the time..it's nice to havesomeone to think with, it is.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 12:45:19 am »
I'm a on and off throughout the day girl.  Like everyone else though the smallest things can trigger a BBM moment for me.  Especially old trucks, for some reason - if I see an old, rugged, country truck BBM automatically pops into my head!
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 02:25:13 am »
I love those old, rugged country trucks. Like the one Jack drives into Signal in.  I think that they've made BBM pop into my head for many years before BBM was even a movie (or even a story)!

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 03:11:24 am »
Especially old trucks, for some reason - if I see an old, rugged, country truck BBM automatically pops into my head!

I'm the same way. Any time I see a truck like that I immediately think of BBM.  :laugh:
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2006, 10:47:38 am »
My vote is true now, but not for just after I saw the movie or read the book.  I have thought less about the story or movie as I got farther away from reading or seeing it.  It was off and on throughout the day at first, but now it's just every few days.  I do like to come back to Better Most Forum though and spend time here with others who love the movie, etc.   I still do that.  I feel a need to and I enjoy it.

Rayn

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 09:27:54 pm »
Almost constantly for me.  I still think of Brokeback all damn day and even wake up in the middle of the night thinking about our boys! ::)

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 09:49:43 pm »
Often. Daily. Always. I find it hard to watch the movie all the way through so don't know how many times I've actually watched the whole thing. I've read the story, screenplay & the essays by the writers. David, I can play the movie in my head, too. I get the pictures AND the sound in my head which is pretty nice but mainly it's just scenes, not the whole movie. Even though I'm a visual person, the dialogue pops up more often than the pictures.