Author Topic: The Amazing Race (Now Season 25 chat)  (Read 388240 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The Amazing Race Season 12
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2008, 08:51:45 am »
No fair! I wanted Don to win! I loved how they were all going GRANDPA GRNDPA GRANDPA at the end!!!

That road block WAS confusing... and no pen and paper allowed either. bah

Well done to TK & Rachel though! Another set of hippies win the crown! Roll on TAR 13!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2008, 09:19:55 am »

That road block WAS confusing... and no pen and paper allowed either. bah

I know!  After explaining it, when Phil said "It may sound easy, but.." my friend and I looked at each other and said Whaa?!  We didn't even understand the instructions, :laugh: !

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2008, 09:20:11 am »
Congrats to TK and Rachel.      I was rooting for Ron and Christina though.  Not that Don and Nick were much less deserving.    

I'd love to grab TK,  give him a short haircut and a shave.  Then strip him, bath him, burn those baggy clothes and put him into something more form fitting.    I'm thinking there might be a hottie under there.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2008, 09:22:13 am »
I know!  After explaining it, when Phil said "It may sound easy, but.." my friend and I looked at each other and said Whaa?!  We didn't even understand the instructions, :laugh: !

Same here.   I felt bad for Don and Nick.   Don blew through the fish Road Block in like a minute, then Nick gets stumped by the final challenge.   It must have been extremely frustrating!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:07 am »
I'd love to grab TK,  give him a short haircut and a shave.  Then strip him, bath him, burn those baggy clothes and put him into something more form fitting.    I'm thinking there might be a hottie under there.

NOT THE HAIR!  I love his dreads!  I would love to strip him though  :-*

injest

« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2008, 09:26:57 am »
Congrats to TK and Rachel.      I was rooting for Ron and Christina though.  Not that Don and Nick were much less deserving.    

strip, bath, burn his clothes, and put him into something else...I think you missed a step somewhere in there.... :-X :-X

;D

(he is a cutie)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »
Congratulations to TK and Rachel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SO HAPPY to see that it was them coming up first. It is very rare that who I am for wins and this time it happened.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2008, 02:15:09 pm »
I thought this was an interesting race in that none of the young, physically fit type of couples made it to the end.  TK and Rachel were the fittest of the final three, but they were by no means athletic types.  I really have to give Ron and Don credit for tenacity and stamina.  Those challenges are not easy!

I would have been okay with any of the final three winning.  I did feel sorry for Ron and Christina, especially Christina, since she probably beat herself up a lot for not getting through the last challenge faster.  Nick and Don were fortunate to be in third, I think, what with Don's age and Nick not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.  In the end, I was glad not to be hating one couple and going "Aargh!" if they won.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2008, 04:03:06 pm »
I thought this was an interesting race in that none of the young, physically fit type of couples made it to the end.  TK and Rachel were the fittest of the final three, but they were by no means athletic types.  I really have to give Ron and Don credit for tenacity and stamina.  Those challenges are not easy!

I would have been okay with any of the final three winning.  I did feel sorry for Ron and Christina, especially Christina, since she probably beat herself up a lot for not getting through the last challenge faster.  Nick and Don were fortunate to be in third, I think, what with Don's age and Nick not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.  In the end, I was glad not to be hating one couple and going "Aargh!" if they won.  ;D

I really liked Christina. Her daddy, ah not so much. Don got on my nerves sometimes. I started liking him much more towards the end after he stopped picking on Christina all the time. I wish the would have won, but I am happy for TK and Rachel.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2008, 04:57:37 pm »
I started wondering about something. How the hell did they get those messages inside the fish? They would have had to cut the fish open to put it in there wouldn't they? Unless they shoved the message down through the fish's mouth. But if that's how they put it in there, why couldn't someone just stick their hand through the animal's mouth and pull it out? Those fish were huge and they had big mouths. I would have stuck my hand in there.

And if they had previously cut the fish open, why would anyone need the knives? Just look for the cut fish and go in there.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.