Author Topic: Comments, questions, etc. to the Brokeback Thanksgiving Quiz  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Comments, questions, etc. to the Brokeback Thanksgiving Quiz
« on: November 19, 2007, 06:06:25 am »
If you want to comment on the quiz (positive or negative, I can take both), or you have questions, this is the thread for it. You can also PM me about it, if you want.

Please keep this thread "answer-free", so nobody will involuntarly read an answer here before s/he has posted their answers.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Comments, questions, etc. to the Brokeback Thanksgiving Quiz
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:55:38 pm »
I think it would be better if we PM'd our answers to you, and then you posted the answers and the winners next week...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 03:32:00 am »
I think it would be better if we PM'd our answers to you, and then you posted the answers and the winners next week...

Hi Eric, thanks for your comment. I also thought about this but then decided against it. I weighed the possibility of sneaking a peek to other answers willingly or unvoluntarily by scrolling against traceability of my counts after the quiz. I decided to go for traceability without having to go through efforts like posting all PMed answers of participants after the deadline.

It's all for fun after all. There's a reply button on top of the page so you don't have to scroll down (and see other answers) to reply. And if someone really wants to cheat, then so be it. I personally always thought it doesn't make sense to cheat because you will know it and your (possible) good result would be marred by this knowledge.

So the genereal rule stays as it is: post your answers on the quiz thread, but everybody who prefers to PM them to me is welcome to do so.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 06:31:45 pm »
It was a fun quiz and just the right amount of difficulty! I can't wait to see the answers!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 08:53:27 pm »
I agree with Lee Chrissi. I love the quizzes you make up so keep doing them. It definitely was not an easy quiz, but that makes it better since you have to dig for and research the questions. In doing so you end up learning many other interesting facts about the movie that you did not know before. It also gives you a chance to view the movie in very close detail as well as the story and I even went into the screenplay for this one. That is not to mention all the new BBM sites I found by having to search out answers. One interesting, but sad, thing I found is that the house where the Twist Thanksgiving was filmed was torn down shortly after the filming  >:( I also found that I am very much looking forward to the Alberta trip in 2009 since I will get to see all these places and buildings from the movie.

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 08:56:07 pm »
Oh and by the way I worked on the quiz instead of the school work I was supposed to be doing  :D Oh well, this was an important deadline too in my opinion  :laugh: I only wish my classes could be as interesting, but this presentation I have to do is on forensics and computer forensics so I guess it could be interesting especially if you were the teacher.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 09:54:03 pm »
I know, Jack -- I'll do almost anything to keep from doing school work!!  :P

Well -- here's a dumb thing that I did. Spoiler alert for anyone who has not taken the quiz.

Now that I've looked at other people's answers, I realize:

Right after the question about which teams were playing on TG day there was a question about who was Alma going to yell for.......

I thought it meant "which team" was she gonna yell for.   :P  lol

Oh well!! I would have missed it either way! The quiz was fun -- and hard for me! I needed to run it off, watch the movie again, and read the story again.  ;)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 12:06:54 pm »
Thank you all so much for your nice comments  :-*.

But I can't take all credit, Katherine and I did it together. So here's also a big thank you to my friend and co-moderator, who provided some of the most difficult questions. If you cursed over some questions, blame it on her  ;) ;D - just kidding of course.

Answers will be posted and award ceremony will be held later this evening (European time zone).

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 02:55:38 pm »
So here's also a big thank you to my friend and co-moderator, who provided some of the most difficult questions. If you cursed over some questions, blame it on her  ;) ;D - just kidding of course.

Well, it's true. I wouldn't have been able to answer those questions if I hadn't written them myself.  :laugh: But yours were tough, too, Chrissi!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 04:47:21 pm by ineedcrayons »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 04:11:52 pm »
I love your quizzes!  I also like that this one wasn't very long.  I was surprised at some of the answers that seemed common knowledge among my fellow quiz-takers that I didn't know.