Author Topic: 50 dumbest people in Hollywood  (Read 15491 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: 50 dumbest people in Hollywood
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 02:14:06 pm »
I think I don't recognize half the names on that list.  ???

I wonder why Jennifer Love Hewitt made it. She has a presently successful TV series, for which she is one of the producers. That's being dumb? What am I missing?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 03:03:51 pm »
I don't think Ben Affleck should be on the poll choices. He's actually smart, even according to the NYDN list, which names him 50th among the 50 smartest people -- that means there are hundreds and hundreds of Hollywood people he's smarter than.

I don't think of Brad Pitt as dumb, either.

And a lot of those other people seem to be people who've made foolish mistakes or bad career choices, but aren't necessarily dumb. For example, I don't think of Alec Baldwin or Russell Crowe as dumb.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 05:21:52 pm »
I don't think Ben Affleck should be on the poll choices. He's actually smart, even according to the NYDN list, which names him 50th among the 50 smartest people -- that means there are hundreds and hundreds of Hollywood people he's smarter than.

I don't think of Brad Pitt as dumb, either.

And a lot of those other people seem to be people who've made foolish mistakes or bad career choices, but aren't necessarily dumb. For example, I don't think of Alec Baldwin or Russell Crowe as dumb.

The poll is very misleading.  If you read the first post it says the following:

Dumb doesn't necessarily correspond to a low IQ. There are poor life choices, style slipups and mishaps under the influence to take into account.

It's a really dumb magazine poll and shouldn't be taken seriously.  I agree that no one on the list deserves to be there, really.  Even Britney, lol!  I just voted Other

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 05:22:34 pm »

What is the definition of "dumb" here?

And a lot of those other people seem to be people who've made foolish mistakes or bad career choices, but aren't necessarily dumb.

What she said.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 06:21:18 pm »
I'd like to remind everyone this thread was meant for fun, and in no way to be taken so seriously. Please, lighten up a bit. Thanks.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 06:27:06 pm »
I'd like to remind everyone this thread was meant for fun, and in no way to be taken so seriously. Please, lighten up a bit. Thanks.

You may be referring to comments like the one I left..  :P
I know the thread was meant for fun, Nat, but that still doesn't answer my question.  8)

Offline opinionista

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 06:55:14 pm »
You may be referring to comments like the one I left..  :P
I know the thread was meant for fun, Nat, but that still doesn't answer my question.  8)

I thought the Daily News poll made it clear it meant people who has been making dumb choices not that they are actually dumb in the intellectual sense. But I guess it wasn't so clear. There are a few names in the list that just popped up in my head when I was writing it. It doesn't mean they're dumb or that I think they're dumb. That is all. I apologize if I offended anyone.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 07:11:54 pm »

Got  it..  Cheers.  8)
I don't believe anyone actually took offense. 

~M 

Offline opinionista

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »
Got  it..  Cheers.  8)
I don't believe anyone actually took offense. 

~M 

That's good to know, then.  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 07:23:47 pm »
Oh no, there was no offense, Natali. Just being nit-picky.  ;)