Author Topic: 50 dumbest people in Hollywood  (Read 15611 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: 50 dumbest people in Hollywood
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:39 am »

Gibson's probably not "dumb" as such, but he is most certainly and unequivocally a Grade-A, tin-pot, gold-plated, diamond-encrusted arsehole! And that's a fact!  >:(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 08:06:27 am »

I dont  see most of the people on there as dumb.. I see some bad personal
choices..  But I think many of them are very smart.
        I think the ones that are stupid are the ones writing this poll up.        :P

Beautiful mind

moremojo

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 01:30:52 pm »
I know it's uncharitable to describe another human being as "dumb", but nonetheless I do find this an apt description for Britney Spears, and so my vote went to Ms. Spears. Spears really does seem to lack intelligence, which I think is a major source of her more recent problems--she lacks the insight to see what she is doing to herself and those around her. Paris Hilton strikes me as someone similar in this regard, but we could only vote for one, and I think Spears's example is more egregious than Hilton's.

Lindsay Lohan actually strikes me as a smart and talented person, who has made lots of very bad choices in her life. I think she has the intelligence to do much better, which perhaps makes her situation more pathetic, but she is not pathetic for being "dumb" per se.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 02:33:32 pm »
Watching "The Daily Show" yesterday, I heard Jon Stewart say something about Britney Spears that I thought was sensitive and probably true. I wish I could quote it exactly, but it was something like, "The media are reporting how she's going more crazy from having the media follow her around documenting how she's going crazy."

That was the gist of it, anyway. Being constantly scrutinized and publicly criticized like that must be really, really hard for a 25-year-old. And yes, some of the stories I've read make her sound not just dumb but actually mentally unbalanced. But having all that negative attention must make her even MORE mentally unbalanced.

BTW, speaking of media following Britney around, I interviewed her 14 years ago for a newspaper story, when she was 11 and had just been cast on the Mickey Mouse Club show. She seemed of average intelligence and reasonably normal at the time.

Here's a quote from the story that seems particularly ironic now:

Britney hasn't let fame and fortune go to her head, her mother said.
     "There's a lot of kids that this this would ruin, but I feel sure that this will make an even better person out of Britney," Lynn Spears said.  "Britney could win the Academy Award in three different movies and she would still have a humble spirit."

moremojo

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 02:58:28 pm »
Boy, how wrong did her mother prove to be. Britney may have a humble spirit, but her life has become one of the worst shambles of any celebrity I know.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 09:07:06 pm »
And that's because in my mind I'm his "girlfriend."  

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 08:21:38 am »
Nickelodeon star, Jamie Lynn Spears, 16 year-old sister of Brit-Brit, is now pregnant. Maybe she will be a better mom than Britney. She said that she and her boyfriend were surprised.  :-\

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she says. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=289216
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 09:43:07 am »
Nickelodeon star, Jamie Lynn Spears, 16 year-old sister of Brit-Brit, is now pregnant. Maybe she will be a better mom than Britney. She said that she and her boyfriend were surprised.  :-\

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she says. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

Sex causes pregnancy?  Shocking.  Unbelievable.  Who knew?

(I didn't know there were trailer parks in Malibu!)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 09:35:26 pm by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 09:24:45 pm »
Nickelodeon star, Jamie Lynn Spears, 16 year-old sister of Brit-Brit, is now pregnant. Maybe she will be a better mom than Britney. She said that she and her boyfriend were surprised.  :-\

Well, at least one sister thought she would at least try to save it for marriage...the other didn't even bother to wait until she was an adult.  Guess her spell on the Nickleodeon Channel is over.

Seems like the mother has been so distracted by Britney that she wasn't paying much attention to her other children.

If members of the family weren't pop culture figures, Jamie Lynn would be just another unwed, pregnant teenager.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 11:11:54 pm »
Watching "The Daily Show" yesterday, I heard Jon Stewart say something about Britney Spears that I thought was sensitive and probably true. I wish I could quote it exactly, but it was something like, "The media are reporting how she's going more crazy from having the media follow her around documenting how she's going crazy."

That was the gist of it, anyway. Being constantly scrutinized and publicly criticized like that must be really, really hard for a 25-year-old. And yes, some of the stories I've read make her sound not just dumb but actually mentally unbalanced. But having all that negative attention must make her even MORE mentally unbalanced.

I shudder at the thought of the media following ME around when I was in my late teens and early twenties!  I'm really glad there isn't video evidence of the bizarre situations I've found myself in on a fairly regular basis!  Good times, good times... :laugh: