Author Topic: The Brokeback Tarot Deck-Include Name of Card in Subject Line  (Read 73247 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Brokeback Tarot Deck-Include Name of Card in Subject Line
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2008, 03:31:16 pm »
Winding up the Higher Arcana, here is The Hermit, starring guess who! I wasn't quite sure which of Ennis's hermetic phases you wanted me to picture here, so I featured the last "Jack I swear" scene in the central position. THere's also a photo of Ennis at the bus station eating his humble pie and The scene where he pukes after leaving Jack for the first time. I also pictured Ma Twist, another significant hermit, as well as the coffeepot that symbolizes Ennis and his gun.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2008, 03:07:08 pm »
If I could have a little more encouragement, I could finish up this deck. Man, there are a lot of cards in the Tarot!! I plan to make it available as one pdf file that can be printed all at one time, in addition to posting the individual cards here. A question: what should be on the reverse side? All of the cards will be the same, so I imagine a picture of Ennis and Jack, perhaps with Brokeback Mountain somewhere, should be the subject of the reverse??

Here is the book where I got most of my information: Burger, Evelin, Tarot basics

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:53:41 pm by Front-Ranger »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Brokeback Tarot Deck-Happy Birthday to the Emperor of Wyoming
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2008, 09:43:07 am »
In honor of the Emperor of Wyoming (song by Neil Young) I give you the Emperor Card.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2008, 01:00:50 am »
From The Secret Language of Birthdays:

The 4th card of the major arcana is The Emperor, who rules over concrete and worldly things whtough wisdom, the primary source of his power. The Emperor is stable and profound, the force of his authority can not be questioned. The positive associations of this card are strong willpower and steadfast energy, unfavorable qualities include willfulness, tyranny, and brutality. For those born on April 4, the Emperor's steadiness and determination can serve as a useful metaphor.

Offline horo04

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2009, 01:16:34 am »
It's pretty obvious I've been out of the Bettermost loop for quite a while but I found this lil tarot project interesting.  Lee, have you dropped it? (considering  the  last reply was in April of last year)
"The mountains are calling and I must go"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2009, 10:47:59 pm »
Thanks for your interest, friend horo! It's true that I haven't finished the Brokeback Tarot Deck, but I do have most of the major Arcana done. I just got tired of talking to myself on this thread. Lately I've been corresponding with a few Brokies who wanted to have New Year readings done over on this thread:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,17656.0/all.html

If anyone's interested in providing thoughts and reactions, I'll be glad to finish this deck!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2021, 02:33:17 pm »
Look what our High Priestess found! I wish it were a full deck devoted to Brokeback, but it appears to be just one card in a deck devoted to movies.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2021, 12:44:10 pm »
Lee, I'm happy to see this thread again! I had completely forgotten about it. Good on you for creating a tarot deck based on Brokeback. I recently took a course in tarot reading, so this is really cool to see.

Here's a link to the movie tarot deck on Amazon that has the BBM card in it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1786277212/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2021, 01:18:29 pm »
How cool is that that you took a class. Fits right in with your High Priestess role.

Alas, the cards I designed are sort of buried and might be on a backup disk somewhere. I'll look for them.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2021, 01:48:33 pm »

Alas, the cards I designed are sort of buried and might be on a backup disk somewhere. I'll look for them.

I would love to see them. Looks like they didn't survive being posted earlier on this thread.

I googled 'Brokeback Mountain tarot deck' and got nothing substantial. There's a need for a good one, I think. So many images, such richness of emotion and symbolism should be put to good use!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...