Author Topic: National Treasure: Book of Secrets.  (Read 3021 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:42:32 am »
Just saw it yesterday.    Was very good.     Glad to see all the original actors came back for this sequel.  And yes, it was as good as the original.

The only thing that annoyed me was all the previews they ran before the movie.   And every preview was for a kiddie movie.  THEN just when you had enough of those, they opened the movie with a Disney cartoon that ran WAYYYY too long!   ARGG!    At one point I thought I had entered the wrong theater and was about to get up.

I really don't see this movie as a little kids movie. 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 11:01:08 am »
Thanks for the review, David! I really enjoyed the original National Treasure, silly as it was. It is one of my "guilty pleasure" movies. And Riley Poole (Justin Bartha) is back? That's good to hear. He was my favorite character.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 02:03:52 pm »
It must be a guilty pleasure.  ;)

When my friends and I saw the previews for this movie, we all looked agog at each other

"The first one sucked so badly, why would they make a sequel?"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 07:05:25 pm »
I refuse to feel guilty!!!   :P  I saw the first one and it was fun. I'll see the 2nd one too, now, based on ya'll's review!!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 07:16:25 pm »
I am thinking I might try to get to it tomorrow, with my daughter. Something fun for this long holiday weekend.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 07:37:53 pm »

I thought the first one was great fun...I am one of those people that doesnt think that every movie has to be a BBM.  It can just be mindless distraction..  As long as its not just gross.  Im not a movie snob...I think i have
good taste, and try to go to mostly the good ones.  But movies like this provide the family fare that people are
always clamoring for.

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 09:20:29 pm »

I thought the first one was great fun...I am one of those people that doesnt think that every movie has to be a BBM.  It can just be mindless distraction..  As long as its not just gross.  Im not a movie snob...I think i have
good taste, and try to go to mostly the good ones.  But movies like this provide the family fare that people are
always clamoring for.

Exactly, Janice...I agree.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 09:43:31 am »
Hannah and I went and saw this yesterday. Silly fun, but we enjoyed it. I just love the Riley Poole character and he had lots of screen time, so that was a good thing!

And David, I thought the Goofy cartoon was very funny...

L

Scott6373

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 12:34:16 pm »
Saw it yesterday.  I like it, though the first 2/3 were a little slow for my taste.  It picked up nicely after BEN

SPOLIER ALERT

Kidnapped the Prez

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 10:58:18 pm »
Just saw it yesterday.    Was very good.     Glad to see all the original actors came back for this sequel.  And yes, it was as good as the original.

The only thing that annoyed me was all the previews they ran before the movie.   And every preview was for a kiddie movie.  THEN just when you had enough of those, they opened the movie with a Disney cartoon that ran WAYYYY too long!   ARGG!    At one point I thought I had entered the wrong theater and was about to get up.

I really don't see this movie as a little kids movie. 

Thank you for this review,i have been wanting to see this but i have heard a few bad things about it so was unsure, even tho i enjoyed the first. i annoys me some times when they makes sequels and there is not one character/actor from the previous movie.
Why so serious..............It's all part of the plan...........lets put a smile on that face