Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4590997 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10390 on: November 24, 2009, 12:39:46 pm »
OK, this is kind of weird. Bettermost has been running slow for me since the weekend--it made no difference whether I was logged on at home or at work. Monday evening at home I couldn't get the site to load at all. Earlier this morning when I tried to log on, first I got a message that I had used an invalid password (hunh?  ??? ), then it wouldn't recognize my user name (double hunh?  ???  ??? ).  When I finally got on to the site--just now--I was already logged in.  ???

Anyway, I'll be away from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday evening, so in case I have any more access issues, I'll just wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends at Bettermost now.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10391 on: November 24, 2009, 01:05:10 pm »
OK, this is kind of weird. Bettermost has been running slow for me since the weekend--it made no difference whether I was logged on at home or at work. Monday evening at home I couldn't get the site to load at all. Earlier this morning when I tried to log on, first I got a message that I had used an invalid password (hunh?  ??? ), then it wouldn't recognize my user name (double hunh?  ???  ??? ).  When I finally got on to the site--just now--I was already logged in.  ???

Thanks for letting us know. We already have other reports from people having technical issues with loading BM. Mainly it seems to be the front page, including the log on function.
I also have that problem. Phillip and John have been informed.

Anyway, I'll be away from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday evening, so in case I have any more access issues, I'll just wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends at Bettermost now.  :)

Just in case: Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I wish you a relaxed and joyous time :-*.
Will you be having turkey? Cranberry sauce? Pumpkin pie? I'd love to try all the typical Thanksgiving stuff!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #10392 on: November 24, 2009, 01:50:07 pm »
Happy thanksgiving, Jeff!

And about Bettermost; I´m having problems too. To mainpage takes forever to load. Haven´t experienced any problem with logging in though.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10393 on: November 24, 2009, 01:51:55 pm »
Thanks for letting us know. We already have other reports from people having technical issues with loading BM. Mainly it seems to be the front page, including the log on function.
I also have that problem. Phillip and John have been informed.

Thanks, Chrissi. It's kind of good to know that I'm not the only one who has been having problems.

Just in case: Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I wish you a relaxed and joyous time :-*.
Will you be having turkey? Cranberry sauce? Pumpkin pie? I'd love to try all the typical Thanksgiving stuff!

Thanks! My dad and I will have dinner with his cousins. We should have all the traditional stuff.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10394 on: November 24, 2009, 04:07:20 pm »
Thanks! My dad and I will have dinner with his cousins. We should have all the traditional stuff.  :)

Mmmmhhhhh, yummy (at least I think so, LOL). Raise your glass fork and have a toast bite on me ;).

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10395 on: November 24, 2009, 04:28:54 pm »
Heya,

Yup, I think the tech problems here are happening to most everyone.  It's very slow and quirky for me too today. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10396 on: November 24, 2009, 07:16:16 pm »
When I got to work, I couldn't log on at all, I always got error messages.

It wasn't until Meryl posted a link on DCF to the Current Events section instead of coming into the homepage that I got on.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10397 on: November 24, 2009, 08:07:22 pm »
I'm glad it worked for you Chuck!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10398 on: November 24, 2009, 08:08:08 pm »
It's good to be back!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10399 on: November 24, 2009, 11:35:29 pm »
Well, twice this evening I tried to send a Report to Moderator, and once to send a PM, and all three times I got thrown off the site. Then I got thrown off the site when I tried to check my Outbox to see whether the PM had gone through.  >:(  Apparently it did, though I have no idea about the Report to Moderator.

I'm leaving town Wednesday anyway to visit my dad for Thanksgiving, so I won't be around anyway. I'll check back next week. Maybe by then, whatever has gone wrong with the site will be fixed.  :-\