Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4590630 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1990 on: January 01, 2007, 10:59:44 am »
Good Morning Leslie & All

Yeah,  raining here too.   37*F, so no ice that I can see from my window.     Are supermarkets open today?     I do need to venture out at some point.   Although as I sit here typing, there is a naked young man in my bed who decided to come over for the Holiday.   So don't expect to see too many posts from me today !    LOL

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1991 on: January 01, 2007, 11:44:47 am »
Naked man in your bed? David, you naughty boy!

Here in Maine, stores are open...grocery, the mall, CVS, etc. Banks are closed, of course, and no mail delivery.

A good day to relax, kick back and take it easy, if you ask me.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1992 on: January 01, 2007, 12:06:31 pm »
whoa DAVID!

does his name begin with "N"?  Is he studying criminal justice?  inquiring minds need to know?

and just how young is "young" ? old enough to know better?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1993 on: January 01, 2007, 01:11:52 pm »
No parade in Philadelphia day. Rainin' like a sonofabitch, and now it's gettin' foggy.  :-\

I feel real bad about the Mummers. Can't tell you how bad I feel. They work hard all year to prepare for New Year's Day, and now they get rained out. The parade has been postponed till this coming Saturday--except the Weather Channel is already forecasting rain for Saturday, too!  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1994 on: January 01, 2007, 01:27:49 pm »
It is miserable weather here too, Jeff. Absolutely the pits.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1995 on: January 01, 2007, 01:58:09 pm »
Leslie,

tell Hannah, i absolutely love your new banner!!

:)  :)

she's very talented!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1996 on: January 01, 2007, 02:10:02 pm »
Fabienne,

I have passed the message along. She'd be happy to make one for you...or others. You can PM her here at Bettermost: hannahs_cool

Leslie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1997 on: January 01, 2007, 03:52:48 pm »
It is miserable weather here too, Jeff. Absolutely the pits.

L

Lord help us, by this afternoon it's gotten even worse here. Raining harder, and so foggy I can't see anything off my balconies.

And on top of that I seem to be channeling my mother today. I never knew why, but Mother always made Christmas "go away" on New Year's Day. It had to. Everything. No keeping the Christmas tree up till Epiphany for her.

Well, I haven't taken down the Christmas tree or the Christmas Village/model train layout yet--that's on schedule for next weekend. But everything else, including the Nativity set, has been put away--I even took the wreath off the door!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1998 on: January 01, 2007, 04:37:28 pm »
The only good thing here, Jeff, is that the temp has risen to about 37 degrees, so it is just rain, now, not the icy dangerous mess it was before. But still dreary and awful.

I had thought about putting Christmas stuff away, but seem to be totally devoid of energy. Ah well, isn't that what holidays are for, to just kick back and do nothing?

L

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1999 on: January 01, 2007, 04:51:37 pm »
I had thought about putting Christmas stuff away, but seem to be totally devoid of energy. Ah well, isn't that what holidays are for, to just kick back and do nothing?

L

I just seemed to get infused with energy today. Or maybe it was those three cups of Dunkin Donuts coffee I had this morning.  ;D