Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4590684 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2010 on: January 02, 2007, 01:21:38 pm »
We had wind advisories here too. It is sunny and bright right now but yesterday it rained all day, then got cold at night, so now we have "corduroy" roads. I never heard that expression til I moved to Maine, but then again, we never had a corduroy road in NY!

David, you want to come wash my car too?

L

I think I jinxed myself with that comment.

My driver's side window started doing this weird thing where it would go up and down, up and down, but not close until I had pushed the button maybe 10 or 20 times. I went to the drive through pharmacy and it happened, then the drive through teller at the bank, and it happened again. So I just decided to go right to the Saab place and find out what was wrong.

They were able to fix it...it is the "anti pinch" feature for children (so they won't get their heads or hands stuck in the automatic window). It took about an hour to fix (like I had an hour to spare!) but the car did get washed while I was there.

It's always something....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2011 on: January 02, 2007, 01:37:30 pm »
It is miserable weather here too, Jeff. Absolutely the pits.

L

here in Ecosse too! Most of the hogmanay outdoor parties were cancelled and my fence blew down in 80mph winds. After my hangover had dulled on the first morning of 2007 I had to go out and try and move the bloody thing!!! One thing I could do without paying to get redone the week after Christmas!!

And David -

Good Morning Leslie & All

Yeah,  raining here too.   37*F, so no ice that I can see from my window.     Are supermarkets open today?     I do need to venture out at some point.   Although as I sit here typing, there is a naked young man in my bed who decided to come over for the Holiday.   So don't expect to see too many posts from me today !    LOL
Lucky you!! Is he still there!?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2012 on: January 02, 2007, 03:25:07 pm »

It's windy in Washington right now.  I'm watching the last part of Gerald Ford's funeral, and everyone outside is freezing their tushes off.  It was a lovely service with some nice speeches.  Had to shed a tear watching Betty--so frail, brave and sad.  :(

Husband, 3 year old, and I had a hilarious conversation about Betty Ford this morning on the way to school/work. 

We were passing a school with the American flag at half-mast.  I, ever-looking for teachin' opportunities, said to 3yo, "See how the flag is only halfway up the flag pole?  People put it at half-mast like that to say that they are sad about something, or remembering something sad.  They are sad now because Gerald Ford, who was one of our presidents, died this week."  3yo said, "Just because he died, we can still love him." (Something we've said about grandpa.)  "That's right," I answered, "And we can love his wife Betty too.  She's still alive, and has helped many, many people."  "Oh, can we visit her?" 3yo asked.  "No, God willing, we'll never have to visit Betty Ford," I replied.  Husband and I howled at that one.  3yo was confused, of course, since we had just been talking tenderly about something sad.  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2013 on: January 02, 2007, 04:46:12 pm »
I was driving around the past two days looking at the flag at half mast and thinking about the 3000th soldier killed in Iraq and wondering if he was from Maine, because for every Maine soldier that has been killed, the flag goes down. And then I remembered Gerald Ford...

I really am doing some presidential blocking these days...alive and dead!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2014 on: January 02, 2007, 05:11:37 pm »
Husband, 3 year old, and I had a hilarious conversation about Betty Ford this morning on the way to school/work. 

We were passing a school with the American flag at half-mast.  I, ever-looking for teachin' opportunities, said to 3yo, "See how the flag is only halfway up the flag pole?  People put it at half-mast like that to say that they are sad about something, or remembering something sad.  They are sad now because Gerald Ford, who was one of our presidents, died this week."  3yo said, "Just because he died, we can still love him." (Something we've said about grandpa.)  "That's right," I answered, "And we can love his wife Betty too.  She's still alive, and has helped many, many people."  "Oh, can we visit her?" 3yo asked.  "No, God willing, we'll never have to visit Betty Ford," I replied.  Husband and I howled at that one.  3yo was confused, of course, since we had just been talking tenderly about something sad.  :)

Rim shot!  Good one, Elle.  :laugh:

Watching the camera pan over the guests at the funeral, I couldn't help but think that each ex-President was thinking:  "This is where I'm going to be laid out when I go."  Their wives must have been wondering if they'd be sitting in Betty's chair.  Must be a spooky feeling.

Who knows what Hillary was thinking.... ::)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2015 on: January 02, 2007, 07:57:00 pm »
Welcome to our newest member, Truman (shakestheground). Congratulations on 1,000 very interesting posts!! I've enjoyed reading you immensely!!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2016 on: January 02, 2007, 08:11:48 pm »
Welcome to our newest member, Truman (shakestheground). Congratulations on 1,000 very interesting posts!! I've enjoyed reading you immensely!!!

Yes, I invited him over here to learn the secret handshake and get his decoder ring...

L

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2017 on: January 02, 2007, 08:28:23 pm »
Yes, I invited him over here to learn the secret handshake and get his decoder ring...

L

Maybe we should give out Can openers instead?     BetterMost Beans?   Get it?     :laugh:

<ducks and runs>   

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2018 on: January 02, 2007, 10:37:49 pm »
Well, whatever....I want something for 3900. And I have my sights on 4000! LOL

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2019 on: January 03, 2007, 07:39:59 am »
Good morning, good morning. Haley has gone home to NYC, time to get back into the normal routine.

24 degrees this morning. Still dark but it looks clear. No snow.

L