Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589340 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4130 on: July 04, 2007, 08:29:50 am »
Lee has reached 7000 posts!

David has reached 5000 posts!

Ally is our 1000th member!

Congrats
to all of you

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4131 on: July 04, 2007, 12:49:03 pm »

CONGRATS to our FRONT RANGE CLIMBER!

7000 and COUNTING!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4132 on: July 05, 2007, 07:21:04 am »
Morning all,

62 degrees and a bit of rain is left in the air this morning...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4133 on: July 05, 2007, 07:45:29 am »
Ok. For a long time I said nothing. I just stood it and hoped it would get better. But today I've got to bitch  ;).
*takes a deep breath*

16°C (that's 60°F), rain, rain, rain and more rain! That's our weather since weeks. It's effin cold and raining to no end. Where's the summer? It's July, 5th and we've been to the public bath only twice this year. Our season tickes rot in a drawer.  >:(

When I got home from the BBQ, we had three or four days of summerly weather, then it got bad - then worse - then stayed like that. It's like fall for four weeks now.  :(

The school holidays begin tomorrow and we want sun, summer, bathing and fun in the garden.

(Admitted, I have a comfort; we're flying to Turkey next Monday.)

But I hate the fact that two out of three summers in Germany fall through. What a shitty country, weather-wise (and in some other aspects too). I officially hate German weather  >:(.

*uuuaaarrrrrgggghh!*

injest

« Reply #4134 on: July 05, 2007, 08:03:57 am »
Ok. For a long time I said nothing. I just stood it and hoped it would get better. But today I've got to bitch  ;).
*takes a deep breath*

16°C (that's 60°F), rain, rain, rain and more rain! That's our weather since weeks. It's effin cold and raining to no end. Where's the summer? It's July, 5th and we've been to the public bath only twice this year. Our season tickes rot in a drawer.  >:(

When I got home from the BBQ, we had three or four days of summerly weather, then it got bad - then worse - then stayed like that. It's like fall for four weeks now.  :(

The school holidays begin tomorrow and we want sun, summer, bathing and fun in the garden.

But I hate the fact that two out of three summers in Germany fall through. What a shitty country, weather-wise (and in some other aspects too). I officially hate German weather  >:(.

*uuuaaarrrrrgggghh!*

it didn't rain here all last year. The grass in our pastures died. Even the weeds died. Hay prices went thru the roof.

This year we had a nice rainy spring....hay knee hi....then it started raining....every day....hay is standing in the fields going to seed or being baled wet (which will make it mold); my garden is drowning...stuff is rotting off the vines before they ripen!

Could we not balance some of this??

At least we are not flooding like they are in central Texas... :P :P

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4135 on: July 05, 2007, 08:13:06 am »
Oooh! turkey..! Where abouts Penth? I was in Hissarono last year and it was loverly..

But I agree with you re: Euro weather - its been thr wettest June evr in the UK.. and sets to be the same for July.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4136 on: July 05, 2007, 09:19:57 am »
*takes a deep breath*

*uuuaaarrrrrgggghh!*

I hear you Chrissi.

Keep thinking sun, sea, sand in Turkey!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4137 on: July 05, 2007, 09:34:18 am »
Oooh! turkey..! Where abouts Penth? I was in Hissarono last year and it was loverly..

Manavgat, near Antalya. We've been to Turkey only once before, which was 19 years ago. By then we went whith the motorbike, had our camping gear with us and travelled to another place every day. We mostly stayed off touristic areas and drove through the back-country.
What we'll see now will be nothing like that trip: we booked a package holiday and of course will stay in a touristic-wise highly developed area. To be honsest: I think when you book a package holiday to the south, it doesn't make much difference whether you're in Greece, Turkey or Spain.
But two weeks of nothing but sun, beach and R+R isn't too bad either  :laugh:.

But I agree with you re: Euro weather - its been thr wettest June evr in the UK.. and sets to be the same for July.

I hear you Chrissi.

Ok, I change my statement: I officially hate middle and northern European weather!

Not that I would wish anybody something bad - but I'm glad I'm not alone in this  ::)

Jess: oh my. For you it's worse than only annoying, you depend on the weather. I'll send you some sun from Turkey.
And to all my European fellow sufferers, too.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4138 on: July 05, 2007, 09:50:18 am »

CONGRATS to our FRONT RANGE CLIMBER!

7000 and COUNTING!

Thank you, Meryl! You always notice everyone's milestones! Wow, I can't believe I have crossed over into Lucise territory, and I'm not even an artist.  I haveta wonder about myself!! Most of my posts are pictures these days...Eurobrokies please check out the Summer Has Come to the Rocky Mountains in Anything Goes for a little relief from the rain, hopefully, and I'll keep posting since we've had beautiful sunny warm weather here. My dream is to get at least a dozen Brokies to move here, and then I won't need to spend quite so much time on BetterMost!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4139 on: July 05, 2007, 10:02:49 am »

But two weeks of nothing but sun, beach and R+R isn't too bad either  :laugh:.

Exactly - I like my culture/ see new things jaunts.. but I also like my read a book by the pool for a week jaunts too!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/