Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589516 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4300 on: July 26, 2007, 08:23:22 am »
Good Morning Y'all

I'm feeling just a little bit better.   The antibiotics must be kicking in.   I'm still staying home from work today again.     Strep is supposed to be real contagious, plus I still feel queer.    How is that for an old use of that word?   LOL.

Cloudy this morning here in CT.     It is supposed to get pretty hot and humid here later today.

OOOOOO!     I did get an odd email this morning!     It was from Warner Brothers Television.   They asked me some research questions about a future episode of one of their TV series.       My buddy and I have a very comprehensive research website for the history of Connecticut License plates.      We are considered one of the leading authorities on CT plate use over the decades.       I guess they just wanted to make sure something they were including in a future episode was accurate.   

We get inquiries every week from our site.   Usually from other collectors or people who find old plates and want advice.   But to get an inquiry from Hollywood was a nice surprize.   

congrats!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4301 on: July 26, 2007, 08:55:57 am »
Good Morning Y'all

I'm feeling just a little bit better.   The antibiotics must be kicking in.   I'm still staying home from work today again.     Strep is supposed to be real contagious, plus I still feel queer.    How is that for an old use of that word?   LOL.

You mean amoxicillin is supposed to turn you straight?  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4302 on: July 26, 2007, 12:58:48 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4303 on: July 26, 2007, 02:03:02 pm »
Oops! Sorry my mistake ... so you've actually chosen to live on our soggy little island then?  I've spotted a tiny bit of blue sky in the distance this morning ... yey!

Susie

I made it I made it! Somebody mistook me for British!  Although my landlady's mum just cackled up a storm when I used the expression "Looking under the hood."

Speaking of which, this is the looking under the hood I was referring to !

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4304 on: July 27, 2007, 07:02:24 am »
70 degrees right now, sunny...another hot day is predicted here. As they say, a Bermuda high has parked itself over the state, giving us hazy, hot, and humid weather. Although it hasn't been that hazy.

L

Fridays Top Ten List

injest  17354
Garry_LH  8551
Lucise  7527
Front-Ranger  7226

MaineWriter  6697
Sheriff Roland  5861
Ellemeno  5543
David  5362

louise van hine  4128
Nutmeg Guy  4046
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:35:35 pm by Penthesilea »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4305 on: July 27, 2007, 09:08:06 am »
all right everyone are you ready? 

Rain is predicted for today, just like every other day this week save Tuesday.

Lest we forget:

a sunny day in England this past week - the only sunny day we had!!!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

moremojo

« Reply #4306 on: July 27, 2007, 10:13:09 am »
I hope you're feeling better, David. It's rotten to have to work when one is unwell. If you haven't fully recovered yet, I hope that comes very soon.

We are in the midst of having the rainiest year in central Texas I can ever remember in my forty years. Ninety percent chance of rain and thunderstorms today, with much of the area under a flash-flood watch, and more rain expected over the course of the weekend. The plants are certainly loving all this moisture--we have all the lush greenery of a tropical landscape right now.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4307 on: July 27, 2007, 12:30:17 pm »
all right everyone are you ready? 

Rain is predicted for today, just like every other day this week save Tuesday.

Lest we forget:

a sunny day in England this past week - the only sunny day we had!!!

Wow!
How cool is that. Other than the car being on the wrong side of the road, that picture could have been taken in my town.
Course the way some drive around here that's not always true! :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4308 on: July 27, 2007, 12:34:01 pm »
And let me be the first to welcome the newest member of the 1000 posts club: Mariez!

Marie is a faithful fanfic reader and a good friend. I am happy to be able to teach her the sekrit club handshake...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4309 on: July 27, 2007, 01:04:07 pm »
Hey, I found my way here, Leslie!  Thanks so much.  Wow - a sekrit club, complete with handshake.  This is exciting! 

I don't pop upstairs very often - I'm afraid once I start they'll have to file a missing persons report on me in RL!  LOL!  But I really should do something about getting a picture and a sig line - I feel like one of those people that move into a new house and wait a year before putting up window treatments or planting some trees. 

Thanks again.

:-*
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain