Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4529537 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #890 on: August 06, 2006, 06:48:02 am »
Good Morning from Connecticut.

Sunny and 85*F expected today.  So I will be out in my PT enjoying the day instead of perched online.   

Cheers

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #891 on: August 07, 2006, 01:54:17 am »
Good morning from London....gray and dreary today. I am all packed and ready to leave momentarily. I must make my way to Birmingham, fly to Newark, then fly to Boston. From there, I get a bus and get home fairly late in the evening.

I doubt I will be online very much today. I am trusting David to hold down the fort without me.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #892 on: August 07, 2006, 03:00:37 am »
Have a good trip home, Leslie.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David

« Reply #893 on: August 07, 2006, 06:24:48 am »
Monday Top Ten List

Lucise               3461
Victoria             3286
Pipedream         2148
MaineWriter       2014
DavidinHartford  1967
The CHRIS        1727
Front-Ranger     1686
YaadPyar          1682
latjoreme          1535
ednbarby          1479

Offline David

« Reply #894 on: August 07, 2006, 06:32:47 am »
G'Morning All !

I start my first day today up at the Airport with the TSA.     It is an "Orientation" day, mostly paperwork, uniform measuring etc.   I'm not sure if it's an all day thing or not.    I'd imagine my on the job training could start as early as tomorrow.

So Leslie, you'd better use your laptop at the next airport, you may be online more today than I will !   LOL.      I have a dinner meeting tonight as well.   I represent the Gay members of the Connecticut Antique Car clubs.  We belong to a State Wide group that has a State Legislative Rep at the Capital who monitors new Laws that may affect the Old Car Hobby.

We feel it is important that the mainstream antique car clubs see that there are Gay guys who are into Old Cars.  It helps break stereotypes.

D~

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #895 on: August 07, 2006, 06:56:53 am »
Good luck with your new job, David! Hope you like it!  :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #896 on: August 07, 2006, 08:29:32 am »
We will hold down the fort--er, mountain--for U David!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #897 on: August 07, 2006, 12:12:05 pm »
I am a little embarassed about overtaking Celeste-in-Chicago today, and feel compelled to explain that I had to clean my house over the weekend, which required taking numerous short breaks to check what's happening on the board and contribute my 2 cents. And then it so happened that I had to view the DVD in order to decide some bit of symbology or nuance, but I couldn't find the right place so I ended up watching a major part of the movie. And then Andrew mentioned a great Maine Writer (no a different one than Leslie) and I had to go to that site, read a few stories and comment on them. And then Truman told me about some great CSN&Y songs that I had to immediately go listen to while dusting. And then, I had to post some words on the ABCs game, which I'm completely addicted to. And then I had to develop, flesh out, and bring to denoument my character of Aguirre on The Performance which I am also completely addicted to. Needless to say, my house is about 1/3 clean today!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #898 on: August 07, 2006, 03:52:32 pm »
G'Morning All !

I start my first day today up at the Airport with the TSA.     It is an "Orientation" day, mostly paperwork, uniform measuring etc.   I'm not sure if it's an all day thing or not.    I'd imagine my on the job training could start as early as tomorrow.

So Leslie, you'd better use your laptop at the next airport, you may be online more today than I will !   LOL.      I have a dinner meeting tonight as well.   I represent the Gay members of the Connecticut Antique Car clubs.  We belong to a State Wide group that has a State Legislative Rep at the Capital who monitors new Laws that may affect the Old Car Hobby.

We feel it is important that the mainstream antique car clubs see that there are Gay guys who are into Old Cars.  It helps break stereotypes.

D~

I am at Newark Intl Airport, grabbing a few minutes of online time before I board my flight to Boston. It has been a long day...7.5 hour flight from Birmingham (ugh). But I should be sleeping in my own bed tonight which is something to look forward to.

Good luck with your new job, David. We'll all be waiting for a full report..... uniform, hmmm? Black shirt and black tie, perhaps? ;-)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #899 on: August 07, 2006, 04:00:42 pm »

I am at Newark Intl Airport, grabbing a few minutes of online time before I board my flight to Boston. It has been a long day...7.5 hour flight from Birmingham (ugh). But I should be sleeping in my own bed tonight which is something to look forward to.

Good luck with your new job, David. We'll all be waiting for a full report..... uniform, hmmm? Black shirt and black tie, perhaps? ;-)

L

Let's not forget the hat/beret!

hope you get home safe and sound leslie  :)
thanks for the new chapter, loved it
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'