Author Topic: I GOT IT, I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!  (Read 8853 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: I GOT IT, I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 10:59:47 pm »
I've ordered A pin, which says "Horner" on it, and I can't find a bracelet--I'd LOVE a bracelet. Since there's only one thing I ever wear around my neck, there's no point--it's a little Buddhist protective spirit in ivory,m with fangs and three eyes set in gold with an opal, and i've had it for 35 years..here it is--BOO! click to enlarge...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 11:10:17 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 11:02:01 pm »
Can I perhaps be of any assistance ??  ;D ::) 8)

From your posts I knew you'd have a great horn Anke!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 07:54:36 am »
Can I perhaps be of any assistance ??  ;D ::) 8)

Anke - you are quite, what's the word, stunning?  I will not even imagine the talents that you have!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 11:07:02 pm »
bump bump bump to find it tomorrow so I can buy one or 15

Heathen

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 08:51:11 pm »
Hey y'all! I finally got mine too! Came Memorial Day weekend.
The orginal package Jenny sent arrived about 3 weeks+ late, and empty. With an apology from the USPS. They hope that the disappearance of the contents of my package didn't inconvenience me. OF COURSE it inconvenieced me, sheesh. Jenny kindly sent me another one, insured this time, and lo and behold it made it. The second coming, I call it.

I can't play it right now, 'cause I had some oral surgery on Friday and can't blow. Can't spit either, so I'd be an outcast in Wyoming right now.

I wanted to find more songs to play on my Little Lady then just the few on the www.harmonicanecklace.com site. After hours of arduous, intensive, and mostly fruitless searching (thank you Peter Gabriel), and emailing strangers on harmonica sites, I struck oil! For tab-hungry harmonica newbies like me, this is the place to go.This awesome guy posted tabs for a whole bunch of songs. He's got Dylan, Tom Petty, Elvis, even the Beatles. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, anyone?

http://www.thetabworld.com/membertabs.jsp?id=26202&pn=11&s=3

Scroll about halfway down. You'll see "misc tabs." Those are all harmonica tabs. Eleven pages of 'em. (What's wrong with you, there's a thousand of 'em!) Just click on the song title for the the tabs. Have fun!

P.S. The 4 holes on the Little Lady correspond to holes 4-7 on a full-size diatonic harmonica. So adjust the tabs accordingly. (i.e. if the tabs say 7, that's hole 4 on our mini-'monica. If the tabs say 5, that's hole 2 for us. )
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 09:01:30 pm »
Have the sound up before you click:

http://www.harmonicanecklace.com/images/susie2.au

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 01:45:43 am »
OOOH! I'm sooo ecstatically happy that my little idea to send the harmonica to Mandy after she won our bet about the script has blossomed into its own little movement of Little Lady lovers all over the place!

There's been something I've been meaning to post here buds, but it's been a sonofawhoreson bitch to get the words and notes to match up when I try to post it here (the harmonica tab for "If you want to sing out, sing out" by Mr. Cat Stevens)....so when I can, maybe next weekend, I will try again to post it. Sorry for the delay!

I just made some business cards online for my t-shirt store, b/c I am going to try to host a booth at the Brooklyn Pride event this weekend, and drum up some customers! Wish me luck.

I found a good harmonica tab site way back when but I don't know anymore. Looks like this 11 pager has got it covered.

Good job, little girl! (to ELJ that is)

;D
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."