Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142325 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2008, 07:46:08 pm »
a bright spot of decency:  Hollywood stars band together and protest airing of Marmont video of Heath:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gWS1v8unm3cGzlP4wfX3kOe0YPNwD8UH4V4G0

An interesting detail is that someone who viewed the video all the way through mentioned something NOT brought up in the teasers:

But a person who has seen the entire video, who asked not to be identified because of its sensitive nature, said Ledger then points to his tattoo of "M" (for his daughter, Matilda Rose) and says, "this is to remind me never to smoke weed again."
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2008, 07:50:08 pm »
a bright spot of decency:  Hollywood stars band together and protest airing of Marmont video of Heath:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gWS1v8unm3cGzlP4wfX3kOe0YPNwD8UH4V4G0

An interesting detail is that someone who viewed the video all the way through mentioned something NOT brought up in the teasers:

But a person who has seen the entire video, who asked not to be identified because of its sensitive nature, said Ledger then points to his tattoo of "M" (for his daughter, Matilda Rose) and says, "this is to remind me never to smoke weed again."
Oh, YAY!! This is what I posted last night, that I hope and pray for a backlash, hopefully by other celebrities. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to see. YAY HOLLYWOOD!!!

Louise, I just can't read that article enough times. THANK YOU for posting it!! ;D :-*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2008, 07:59:51 pm »
A more colorful retelling on the story can be found on Defamer, with a little bit more of a slant on the kind of pressure celebrities can bring to bear on the press when the press goes too far:

http://defamer.com/351313/upset-actors-let-etinsider-know-that-running-heath-ledger-video-could-lead-to-immediate-red-carpet-embargos

Like John Gibson, ET might not get over this little gaffe soon.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2008, 08:02:33 pm »
A more colorful retelling on the story can be found on Defamer, with a little bit more of a slant on the kind of pressure celebrities can bring to bear on the press when the press goes too far:

http://defamer.com/351313/upset-actors-let-etinsider-know-that-running-heath-ledger-video-could-lead-to-immediate-red-carpet-embargos

Like John Gibson, ET might not get over this little gaffe soon.
Oh gosh, this is better than sex. I feel like lighting a cigarette and spooning my computer. LOL (and I don't even smoke)

HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2008, 08:54:19 pm »

;D
That's my girl, Natalie Portman.  :-* :-*

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2008, 09:14:12 pm »
Bush said the response was unlike anything she'd ever seen.

YES!!  8)

I just finished watching "The Insider" and "Entertainment Tonight," and there wasn't a word about Heath, even though they had promised more video tonight.  However, their big rival, "Access Hollywood," reported the story detailed in the AP article, saying that ET put out a statement that "out of respect" for Heath and his family they had pulled the video.  Bull.  ::)

This is really great.  I'm so glad to see the big response of Heath's friends and colleagues to this.  It just reinforces my feeling that he was very much valued and loved by his peers.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2008, 09:27:13 pm »
Obviously it's not just his fans who feel like this. Obviously he was much loved and respected by those who knew him--and even those who only knew of him--as an outstandingly decent human being. Hollywood has stood up, formed a very visible protective barrier around his spirit, and said "we have just suffered the devastating loss of a treasured loved one. Back the f**k off, or there will be blood."

This is a beautiful thing. :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2008, 09:47:43 pm »
Hollywood has stood up, formed a very visible protective barrier around his spirit, and said "we have just suffered the devastating loss of a treasured loved one. Back the f**k off, or there will be blood."

;D  ;D  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2008, 09:57:17 pm »
Meryl, all I can say is they had all better pray they don't run into me in a dark alley. There are some things I am more than happy to get arrested for. I was ready to mobilize if Phelps and co. so much as entered NYC.

yb

« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2008, 10:00:51 pm »
Obviously the whole video was put up on some site, I haven't watched it but from those who had watched it, Heath didn't take drugs in it at all.  ET and Insider knew it, it's a shame that they stooped so low as to advertise it as Heath's drug video.