Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142306 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #330 on: February 01, 2008, 07:28:48 am »
Meryl, all I can say is they had all better pray they don't run into me in a dark alley. There are some things I am more than happy to get arrested for. I was ready to mobilize if Phelps and co. so much as entered NYC.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:-*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 01, 2008, 09:30:56 am »
I will never in my life watch that video.

Nor will I, Melissa.  >:(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #332 on: February 01, 2008, 10:13:20 am »
Well, Kerry and Melissa, you ain't missing anything. That video isn't showing anything, it's just pathetic....ET put 200 000$ down the drain, wonder who made that deal, has he still got his job.....ET had looked like a**hol*s if they had showed it.

My respect for Heath hasn't anything to do with him being a drug addict or not. He was a brilliant actor. How he lived his life isn't any of my buisness. He probably made good and bad decisions like the rest of us. Life is not a Hollywood movie with a happy ending....sad but thats the way it is......

What more can I say? I wish he would be alive and well and making movies. It is the way it is......

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #333 on: February 01, 2008, 10:17:47 am »

And, Heath doesn't have a tattoo of "M", it's Matilda written on his chest, isn't it? I doubt he would have shown that to somebody, you know, lifting his shirt and pointing to it.

From what I have read, you are correct, Mel. And he didn't get Matilda tattooed on his chest til sometime this past fall (2007) so it wouldn't have been there to show anyone in the spring of 2006.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #334 on: February 01, 2008, 10:18:39 am »
I will never in my life watch that video.

Neither will I. Good grief poor Heath isn,t even burried yet, and the tabloids continue to pour out garbage. ffs have they no respect for him? Is he nothing more than just another story to them? Bastards.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #335 on: February 01, 2008, 11:52:17 am »
I guess this means I have to like Sarah Jessica Parker now (or should I still hate her for what she said about not watching BBM?? I guess it's a tossup). I was already pleasantly disposed toward Natalie Portman. And Billy Bush, whom I always kind of liked against my own will, I can now like WITH my will, despite his evil third cousin or whatever.

But I agree with those who've said that video sounds like a whole bunch of nothin. If anything, it suggests he WASN'T a hard drug user. Unless he meant that for the sake of Matilda he's going to quit smoking weed from now on and just stick with cocaine and heroin.

BTW, Charlie Wilson's War opens with a scene in which Tom Hanks, as Charlie, is sitting naked in a hot tub with naked people doing coke. And he's the hero. (Of course, CWW was written by Aaron Sorkin, who was busted for cocaine in an airport and reportedly overcame a coke addiction. Wonder who's got a video of him?)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #336 on: February 01, 2008, 12:11:21 pm »
A gossip site reported that Heath's funeral would be held next week in Perth, and that it was restricted to family and close friends.  Reportedly Helena Christensen and Michelle are going to be heading to Perth next week for the funeral.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #337 on: February 01, 2008, 01:13:20 pm »
Apparently the innocuousness of that video was the reason it was kicking around for two years without much interest being shown in it.  When you consider Heath's passing the way he did, add in a few rumors and testimonies from "sources," and the start of sweeps season, it must have seemed like a cool idea to somebody at ET.  I mean, you could make a toddler's birthday party seem like a coke bash with the right voiceover.  ::)

Note to self:  The next time you hear someone bashed on one of those shows, remember Heath.  Then turn it OFF.  >:(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #338 on: February 01, 2008, 02:28:34 pm »
A statement from Michelle, both heartbreaking and hopeful:

http://www.reuters.com/article/mediaNews/idUSN0143463020080201

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken," Williams said in a statement released on Friday by Ledger's spokeswoman.

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father," Williams continued in her statement.

"All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him," Williams' statement concluded.

This sounds like either Heath's family is still in New York, or that Michelle is in Australia.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #339 on: February 01, 2008, 02:34:04 pm »
A statement from Michelle, both heartbreaking and hopeful:

http://www.reuters.com/article/mediaNews/idUSN0143463020080201

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken," Williams said in a statement released on Friday by Ledger's spokeswoman.

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father," Williams continued in her statement.

"All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him," Williams' statement concluded.

Thanks for posting this Louise. It really shows that Mathilda was the best thing that ever happened to them.

for some reason or another, I couldn't quote your post here, so I copied it.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'