Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142282 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #340 on: February 01, 2008, 02:37:34 pm »
A statement from Michelle, both heartbreaking and hopeful:

http://www.reuters.com/article/mediaNews/idUSN0143463020080201

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken," Williams said in a statement released on Friday by Ledger's spokeswoman.

"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father," Williams continued in her statement.

"All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him," Williams' statement concluded.

Oh my.  What a beautiful statement.  And incredibly moving. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2008, 02:45:32 pm »
I really don't know how to find the words after that statement, but wow, Michelle continues to show class and dignity, doesn't she. As well as much heart, here.

And Matilda is the spitting image of her father, sure enough.

I've come to realize that some of the images of Heath I like best to look at just now, are the pictures from the 2006 awards season (Golden Globes, BAFTAs, Oscars, that baseball game the day after the Oscars that the article Louise linked to has an image from). It's heartbreaking of course, but it's also still good to see how intensely happy he and Michelle were and how very much in love they obviously were. There's virtually a glow from those pics that isn't much diminished by what happened later. And certainly not diminished by this current statement of Michelle's.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2008, 02:48:50 pm »
Sad to think she would have to ask to be allowed to grieve privately...
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

moremojo

« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2008, 02:57:43 pm »
Michelle has clearly grown into a woman of great dignity and poise. I think Matilda is blessed to have her as a mother.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2008, 03:01:41 pm »
That was a beautiful, touching statement. Dignified but not terse, succinct but full of character.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #345 on: February 01, 2008, 03:16:57 pm »
Australian news reveals source of "Drug video"

Not surprisingly, this video was part of a paparazzi "sting" which Ledger discovered during filming and which, if it had been released, could have allowed Heath to sue for millions, according to the article.  The photographers and paps had lured him to the party and offered him the drugs, then pumped him with questions about his drug history.  It never came to light during his life because he could have a slam dunk case of entrapment.

Is anyone surprised?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23146239-5007132,00.html

Looking at the timing of this video, this goes a long way toward explaining Heath and Michelle's hostility toward paparazzi intrusions into their life in 2006.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

mvansand76

« Reply #346 on: February 01, 2008, 03:22:44 pm »
Oh my.  What a beautiful statement.  And incredibly moving. 

Marie

I agree, my heart goes out to her. God, what a nightmare this must be for her.

My heart is broken,

Oh My God, poor, poor girl...

mvansand76

« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2008, 03:48:20 pm »
Note to self:  The next time you hear someone bashed on one of those shows, remember Heath.  Then turn it OFF.  >:(

Oh My God, Meryl, this is exactly what I told my boyfriend only a few minutes ago...

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #348 on: February 01, 2008, 04:12:18 pm »
My response to Michelle's statement ->  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm so sorry that she had to make that statement. Sorry for her loss, and sorry for the *&%^$ media hounding her about it.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #349 on: February 01, 2008, 04:19:59 pm »
I'm so sorry that she had to make that statement.

Me too, but I love the way she made it.