Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1144402 times)

moremojo

Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #350 on: February 01, 2008, 04:46:08 pm »
Not surprisingly, this video was part of a paparazzi "sting" which Ledger discovered during filming and which, if it had been released, could have allowed Heath to sue for millions, according to the article.  The photographers and paps had lured him to the party and offered him the drugs, then pumped him with questions about his drug history.  It never came to light during his life because he could have a slam dunk case of entrapment.

Is anyone surprised?
A little, for the simple fact that the video purportedly shows one man actually snorting cocaine (or something that is meant to be seen as cocaine). Couldn't this man potentially face criminal charges, and couldn't the photogs and paps who were setting the whole thing up potentially be held criminally liable too, assuming that the cocaine was real?

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #351 on: February 01, 2008, 04:57:50 pm »
Michelle is a class act.  Period.  I hope that only good things happen to her and Matilda from here on out.

You know, it's too bad that Heath's family can't sue the people who made that video.  Heath apparently thought he was amongst friends.  It's sickening the way he was set up.  Whoever received that $200,000 should be ordered to donate that money to a charity designated by Heath's family.  The paparazzi should in no way benefit from such outrageous behavior.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #352 on: February 01, 2008, 05:00:26 pm »
A little, for the simple fact that the video purportedly shows one man actually snorting cocaine (or something that is meant to be seen as cocaine). Couldn't this man potentially face criminal charges, and couldn't the photogs and paps who were setting the whole thing up potentially be held criminally liable too, assuming that the cocaine was real?

Scott, it didn't even have to be real cocaine.  All they needed was to get him on camera snorting whatever it was, and they would have achieved their goal.  All they needed was his willingness to do it and, of course, whatever self-incriminating comments he would make in the process.

I'm disgusted that people would stoop this low for money.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2008, 05:23:46 pm »
The fact that he was lured into a stage situation and photographed there completely discredits whatever "news" value this might have had, and shows tabloid media at its most despicable. It also explains why, in this particular case, the Hollywood actors banded together to quash it.  it isn't news - it's was a photographed stunt.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #354 on: February 01, 2008, 05:27:31 pm »
Gotta love their logic, though. I mean, I used to like me a beer or two (or three...) in my youth, but haven't touched a drop of anything in over 20 years.

So get me in a room with other people drinking and doing drugs, and get me to make the above statement... and suddenly I'm an alcoholic? And possibly a drug addict? All because I said I used to drink, and strangers around me are getting up to no good?

I think my head just exploded.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #355 on: February 01, 2008, 05:30:09 pm »
Brooklyn Neighbors Comment on the Paparazzi:

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=18&id=18234

"Former Boerum Hill resident Heath Ledger was mourned during the ceremony, and several actors demanded that the media allow Ledger’s family and the mother of his child, Michelle Williams, to grieve in private. Photographers and reporters have camped out in front of William’s Boerum Hill home since last Tuesday, when Ledger was discovered unconscious in his Soho apartment and pronounced dead at the scene.

Neighbors seem to agree with the actors. “Having people stand on your street, clearly trying to spy on your neighbors doesn’t happen in Brooklyn. And it is, frankly, unnerving,” wrote Huffington Post’s Theresa Rebeck."

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #356 on: February 01, 2008, 05:32:40 pm »
Michelle's statement is heart breaking and powerful and classy. It makes me respect her even more than I did before.....

As for that video - I have also watched it - and in some ways I wish they would show it in full on the TV - to prove how they manipulated the film to get those sensational quotes. And to also explain the whole pap trying to create a ting that didn't work angle. Do you think that many people will in the end here that he in fact was up to nothing - or just hear about the video.

Michelle has clearly grown into a woman of great dignity and poise. I think Matilda is blessed to have her as a mother.

*nods head*

a bright spot of decency:  Hollywood stars band together and protest airing of Marmont video of Heath:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gWS1v8unm3cGzlP4wfX3kOe0YPNwD8UH4V4G0

again we see what respect he commanded

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #357 on: February 01, 2008, 05:40:02 pm »
what would be even better is if they had filmed Heath discovering he had been lured into a room prepared to seduce him into making incriminating statements to show that he was being set up.  What a trial the press has put this family through!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #358 on: February 01, 2008, 05:45:10 pm »
It's so outrageous. Part of me almost wishes they WOULD show the video because it's not incriminating to anyone but the paparazzi.

I keep hoping that some good will come out of all this in the form of a public backlash against scummy tabs and paps. But then I remember that paparazzi literally drove the beloved Princess Diana to her death, and even THAT didn't make a difference.

Sleazy as the tab reporters and paps are, it's the public appetite for this sort of thing that keeps them in business.

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2008, 05:50:17 pm »
Brooklyn Neighbors Comment on the Paparazzi:

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=18&id=18234

"Former Boerum Hill resident Heath Ledger was mourned during the ceremony, and several actors demanded that the media allow Ledger’s family and the mother of his child, Michelle Williams, to grieve in private. Photographers and reporters have camped out in front of William’s Boerum Hill home since last Tuesday, when Ledger was discovered unconscious in his Soho apartment and pronounced dead at the scene.

Neighbors seem to agree with the actors. “Having people stand on your street, clearly trying to spy on your neighbors doesn’t happen in Brooklyn. And it is, frankly, unnerving,” wrote Huffington Post’s Theresa Rebeck."

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she just put the place up for sale and never went back. First, it has to be filled with memories (not all of them good), and second, she won't get a moment's peace--nor will Matilda as she's growing up--if she stays there. If it were me, I'd cut my losses and go.