Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142321 times)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #460 on: February 05, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
No, I didn't live in Holland, I worked in the Swedish merchant navy for some years when I was young. I loved being in Holland, nice and gentle and fun people, allways helpfull and nice to be with. I also love Genever.... :D....and cheese.....and tulips.......

I would really like to see more of this beautiful country!

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 05, 2008, 06:18:57 pm »

There was no immediate indication that the actor's remains were also aboard the flight.

Oh, Leslie, that makes me so sad. I do so hope he was  on that flight with his family. I simply can't bear to think of him making that long, lonely flight, all alone.  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #462 on: February 05, 2008, 06:35:35 pm »
Oh, Leslie, that makes me so sad. I do so hope he was  on that flight with his family. I simply can't bear to think of him making that long, lonely flight, all alone.  :'(

I know. It makes me sad, too. But I had a suspicion all along that they might not have wanted to move his body from the US until the final autopsy report was issued (or something was communicated privately with the family). I have nothing to back this up, just a general feeling from knowing how things operate when there is an unusual or suspicious death.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #463 on: February 05, 2008, 06:48:38 pm »

I know. It makes me sad, too. But I had a suspicion all along that they might not have wanted to move his body from the US until the final autopsy report was issued (or something was communicated privately with the family). I have nothing to back this up, just a general feeling from knowing how things operate when there is an unusual or suspicious death.

L

It's been two weeks! Enough is enough! JUST TELL US!!!  :-\

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2008, 07:18:19 pm »
I think we are all feeling about the same way.  The Australian news sites have updated because the news day has just begun there, and they all say "Autopsy results expected today", of course they mean tomorow in New York!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

moremojo

« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2008, 07:26:48 pm »
My coworker was reflecting earlier today on how the cause of death has not yet been revealed for Brad Renfro, who died on January 15th, and apparently it hasn't been due to lack of effort on the part of those conducting the autopsy. I don't know how likely or common it is, but it seems that some causes of death may remain inconclusive, despite all the tools offered by modern forensics. I don't know if this will be the case with either Renfro or Heath, but it seems like a possibility we might have to come to terms with.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2008, 07:36:34 pm »

News on the autopsy results will not be released until tomorrow.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23168241-1702,00.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2008, 08:07:59 pm »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2008, 09:34:34 pm »
...that makes me so sad. I do so hope he was  on that flight with his family. I simply can't bear to think of him making that long, lonely flight, all alone.  :'(

You know, reading all the threads and talking to others makes me realize what incredibly diverse feelings and beliefs we have about death.

I mean, some believe one's soul moves on to an afterlife; some believe dying means an absolute end to existence.

I don't know.  I don't mean any disrespect to anybody's beliefs, because anyone's guess is as good as mine.  But personally, the thought wouldn't occur to me that Heath is still conscious in his body, thinking "Crikey, this is a lonely flight without me rellies . . . "

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #469 on: February 05, 2008, 09:58:24 pm »
You know, reading all the threads and talking to others makes me realize what incredibly diverse feelings and beliefs we have about death.

I mean, some believe one's soul moves on to an afterlife; some believe dying means an absolute end to existence.

I don't know.  I don't mean any disrespect to anybody's beliefs, because anyone's guess is as good as mine.  But personally, the thought wouldn't occur to me that Heath is still conscious in his body, thinking "Crikey, this is a lonely flight without me rellies . . . "

You're not alone, Laura, that was my first thought too, when I read that post.