Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142244 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #830 on: March 10, 2008, 07:03:20 am »
The assets outlined in the will clearly predate his relationship with Michelle.  It is possible that the house Heath and Michelle owned in Brooklyn was held in "joint tenancy with rights of survivorship" which would bypass the will entirely.

Nothing is indicated about the what trusts were established.  There really isn't enough information here to be able to make any real determination of what was really left to whom.  Additonally, no mention is made of whether he had any sort of life insurance, but life insurance beneficiaries are also a totally separate matter from a will.

If in fact Heath didn't provide for his daughter Matilda, then Michelle has every legal right to challenge the will on Matilda's behalf and most likely the courts will rule to some degree in her favor.

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #831 on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:48 pm »
New tribute interview with Michelle Williams and Naomi Watts coming up in April - People has previews:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20183961,00.html

Michelle Williams, Naomi Watts Pay Tribute to Heath Ledger
By Brian Orloff

Originally posted Thursday March 13, 2008 12:20 PM EDT
Heath Ledger

Photo by: John Stanton / Getty Images 
Michelle Williams, Naomi Watts, Ellen DeGeneres and several of Heath Ledger's other close industry friends share fond memories of the late actor in the April issue of Interview magazine. Written as a conversation, the tribute remembers Ledger's work ethic, his off-screen persona and his love of chess. Below are some excerpts from the article:

• Naomi Watts: "He was a huge, obsessive, chess freak – and very, very good at it."

• Michelle Williams: "He had uncontrollable energy. He buzzed ... His mind was turning, turning, turning – always turning."

• Ellen DeGeneres: "He didn't try to be something that he wasn't. And I appreciated that."

• Phillip Seymour Hoffman: "Whenever Heath talked about something he liked, he did it in the way that any fan would. He wasn't somebody trying to cover up his excitement about something, or someone."

• Todd Haynes: "That performance in Brokeback Mountain was such a sensitive, understated, controlled interpretation of this character. The entire emotional power of that film, which is enormous, resides in that performance, and how much Heath holds in."
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 13, 2008, 09:25:57 pm »
 Headline from the (Sydney) Daily Telegraph webpage on Fri 14 March 2008:

And associated story:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23373238-5001021,00.html
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline oilgun

« Reply #833 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:59 pm »
Headline from the (Sydney) Daily Telegraph webpage on Fri 14 March 2008:

And associated story:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23373238-5001021,00.html

I guess it's time to check out Interview magazine, thanks!

So, has Jake said anything yet?   :P  I bring this up because I just saw his picture with Reese on ET tonight.  They were all smiles...

yb

« Reply #834 on: March 13, 2008, 10:41:16 pm »
I guess it's time to check out Interview magazine, thanks!

So, has Jake said anything yet?   :P  I bring this up because I just saw his picture with Reese on ET tonight.  They were all smiles...

Nope!  I don't think we will hear from him any time soon, but it's okay, not everybody Heath knew have spoken up.

On another note, there are more quotes from the Interview article:

Friends Cheer Hear! Hear! to Heath

The latest issue of Interview has a great tribute to Heath Ledger, a touching spread of quotes from folks he changed who will miss him.

A few highlights:

Amy Pascal:  "He was always introducing you to 3,000 mates whose names you can’t remember."

Philip Seymour Hoffman:  "Heath didn’t have the cynicism that this business can eventually put upon people, or the pretension that certain artists can carry with them sometimes. He had a really honest quality about him. He obviously had never lost his wide-eyed optimism."

Michelle Williams:  "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, is how vulnerable he was. You can pick up on it in his performances, but it’s easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That’s who he was."

Sean Penn:  "Heath was not simply a quiet and gifted actor who liked to go surfing, though that is how I primarily knew him in life. In the time we spent together, we spoke a bit about family, about travels, but most of all, about film.Yet, in his unassuming way, he never revealed to me the visual poet of the first order who I discovered watching the film clips he directed, music videos and such, after his death. His talent does speak volumes of the kind man, the loving father, and, in fact, the brilliant and gifted guy I really missed out on—that we all did, in the long run. Heath might have been a giant."[/
i]

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/hum/detail/index.jsp?uuid=2e0657c9-9f6a-4436-af27-79e0b3ae857b&sid=fd-hum

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #835 on: March 13, 2008, 10:59:58 pm »

I'm sure once there's a peep out of Jake it will be all over BetterMost in the blink of an eye.  It will certainly be an interesting moment if and when it happens.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #836 on: March 14, 2008, 02:56:09 am »
It just warms my heart to read all these beautiful heartfelt comments about Heath from people who knew him and loved him. I'm so grateful that they want to share a piece of him with us that didn't know him (but in a way we did).

:)  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #837 on: March 14, 2008, 04:19:07 am »
It just warms my heart to read all these beautiful heartfelt comments about Heath from people who knew him and loved him. I'm so grateful that they want to share a piece of him with us that didn't know him (but in a way we did).

:)  :)

and I'm sorry to bring it up again, but it would really, really surprise me if Jake wasn't included in all those people remembering him.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #838 on: March 14, 2008, 07:30:41 am »
from Cinemablend.com

Dr. Parnassus resumes filming

March 11, 2008

When Heath Ledger died in the middle of shooting for Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, nearly everyone assumed the movie was done for. Gilliam isn’t exactly a guy who just pumps out movies—he takes years to finish some pet projects, and has gone as many as seven years between films. Plus his attempt to make a movie about Don Quixote famously met disaster after disaster, and was never finished.

Against all odds, Dr. Parnassus has begun shooting again, with an augmented cast and, surely, a great hole in the production’s heart. As has been reported earlier, Jude Law, Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp will take over at Ledger’s character, who travels through a magic mirror early in the film and exists in different “worlds.” The three actors will each play a variation on the same character, who is played in the real world by Ledger.

The Hollywood Reporter quoted a statement from the producers that quells the worries of many Ledger fans: “Since the format of the story allows for the preservation of his entire performance, at no point will Heath's work be modified or altered through the use of digital technology."

It’s hard to figure out exactly how they’re going to make it work, but if anyone can pull it off—or at least make it really, really strange—Gilliam is the man to do it. So the honor of being Ledger’s last film will go to Dr. Parnassus, and Gilliam will be able to bring another of his strange and beautiful visions to the screen. Because, for God’s sake, the man has been through so much now—just let him have another hit!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dr-Parnassus-Resumes-Filming-8126.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #839 on: March 14, 2008, 07:32:51 am »
from The News in Australia

Heath Ledger award is no joke

March 12, 2008 02:54am
Heath Ledger

Really early Oscar buzz ... Heath Ledger.

HOLLYWOOD star Heath Ledger's immediate family might be cheered to know that there is some good news doing the rounds about their late son.
The word out of Tinseltown that the actor is being considered for a posthumous Oscar for his as-yet-unseen work as the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Really early buzz by critics for next year's awards has praised the performance, which he filmed last year.

And the flick's director Christopher Nolan strongly agrees he deserves one for his role. "It's stunning, it's iconic. It's going to just blow people away," he said of Ledger's performance.

Meanwhile, Ledger will appear in the film he was shooting before his death, director Terry Gilliam has revealed.

The eccentric filmmaker confirmed the Brokeback Mountain star - who tragically died from an accidental drugs overdose in January - makes the final cut of his movie The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Filming on the project was halted after Heath was found dead in his New York apartment. Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell will appear as Heath's character Tony, as he travels between realms in the fantasy adventure.

Terry said: "We want the film to touch people's hearts and souls as Heath was able to do.

"I am grateful to Johnny, Colin and Jude for coming on board and to everyone else who has made it possible for us to finish the film. I am delighted that Heath's brilliant performance can be shared with the world."

Terry added that production had now resumed in Vancouver, Canada, "with the blessing and support of Heath Ledger's family".

It had been suggested that Heath's role would be completed using CGI (computer generated imagery), which is the process used to complete Gladiator when screen legend Oliver Reed died during shooting.

Producers also said other allowances had been made to allow Jude, Johnny and Colin to take over Heath's part.

A statement read: "Since the format of the story allows for the preservation of his entire performance, at no point will Heath's work be modified or altered through the use of digital technology.

"Each of the parts played by Johnny, Colin and Jude is representative of the many aspects of the character that Heath was playing."

It is thought the movie will be released early next year.

- with BANG Showbiz

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/printstory/0,25585,23361048-10388,00.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!