Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142299 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #920 on: August 08, 2008, 12:56:43 pm »
Oh dear, I'm hoping people recognized the tongue in cheek quality of the last thing I posted.  Not positive about MKO.  Not.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #921 on: August 08, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »
Yes it was definitely tongue-in-cheek and wicked funny!   :laugh:

(But some of the funniest stuff also tends to be so subtle as to be easily mistaken for serious. The line about the flannel from 1995 clinched the sarcasm for me.)

Offline optom3

« Reply #922 on: August 08, 2008, 01:29:35 pm »
Oh dear, I'm hoping people recognized the tongue in cheek quality of the last thing I posted.  Not positive about MKO.  Not.

I loved it, thought it was biting sarcasm at its best. Very very clever.
Nothing whatsoever that the midget or her attorneys could prove directly and so launch a defamation case.Just the right touch to get the point across but without really saying much at all.
 What is the saying, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, highest form of intelligence.!!!!

Offline optom3

« Reply #923 on: August 08, 2008, 01:50:37 pm »
On the subject of any involvement by the small one, I remain cynical.I can see no reason why she would need immunity if she was as innocent as a new born babe.
However, if there is some involvement I don't want to know.It would confer some guilt on Heath and I just want the whole thing dropped. I have already driven myself nuts by wondering about the wasted 9 or however many minutes elapsed before 911 was called.I have never heard, that an exact time of passing was put out in the public domain.I just don't want to go there again.Nothing will ever bring him back and I can't bear to think of any more what ifs. It is way way too painful.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #924 on: August 08, 2008, 02:04:05 pm »
And if she was involved in any way, shape, or form, even to the slightest degree, hopefully she will experience enormous pangs of guilt every time she sees a photo of little Matilda, the one who undoubtedly suffered the greatest loss of all.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #925 on: August 09, 2008, 12:58:57 am »
FREE PASS
MARY-KATE OFF THE HOOK AS FEDS CLOSE LEDGER PROBE

By MURRAY WEISS, Criminal Justice Editor

Twin troll Mary-Kate Olsen, whose role in the accidental drug overdose death of actor Heath Ledger has been vexingly unclear, has been given another free pass from an official inquiry, the Post has learned.
The Manhattan U.S. Attorney's Office closed its probe into Ledger's Jan. 22 death without any charges being filed - and won't enforce a grand jury subpoena against the diminutive 22-year-old actress, a source told The Post today.
"They're closing down the case – at least their part of it," the source said of the agency's extraordinary move.
The decision by the U.S. prosecutors will force the Drug Enforcement Administration to find another agency to investigate if it wants to get to the bottom of Ledger's accidental drug overdose death in Manhattan, the source said.
It's a huge victory for Mary-Kate and her lawyer.
The DEA was trying to find the source of the drugs that killed Ledger; most were legally prescribed in El Paso, Texas, and Los Angeles, sources said.
Everybody connected with Ledger and his death has been interviewed and cooperated - with the exception of Mary-Kate Olsen.
Instead, she's declined to cooperate and has insisted on immunity in return for talking to the feds.
The source said the feds might approach the city's Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor.
The NYPD also gave Mary-Kate a skate.
Once the death was ruled an accidental overdose, cops decided not to try to talk to Olsen - despite the fact that the original panicked calls from Ledger's apartment had gone out to her, and that she was dating him at the time.
It was Mary-Kate, who was in LA at the time, who called her bodyguards and had them race to the scene to see what happened.
The cops felt that they had all the information they needed to deal with the ruling in the death, the source said - but the decision surprised many.
The DEA was not so bashful and opened an investigation to see where the drugs came from.
The DEA even obtained a grand jury subpoena, but hadn't served it, hoping she and her lawyer would speak to them in a less confrontational atmosphere.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08062008/news/regionalnews/heath_ledger_case_closed_123308.htm

Clarissa's two cents on one point:  I dunno - it's one thing for you and me to malign her, but for a significant newspaper's criminal justice editor to call her a troll in the first sentence, that doesn't seem right.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #926 on: August 09, 2008, 01:05:57 am »
Yeah.  Troll don't look right.

(Sorry, had to do it)  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #927 on: August 09, 2008, 05:24:23 am »
Yeah.  Troll don't look right.

(Sorry, had to do it)  ;)

Now the "doesn't" in my last sentence really don't look right.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #928 on: August 20, 2008, 11:21:38 pm »
I was caught off guard today at work when Heath's beautiful smiling face (from the SAG awards I think) was front and center on yahoo.com earlier this afternoon.  Anyone else catch this?  It was a blurb about how Depp, Law and Farrell were going to donate their salaries from Imaginarium to Matilda.

(Well, I think that is sort of an odd thing to do, but that's neither here nor there...)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #929 on: August 20, 2008, 11:45:11 pm »
I was caught off guard today at work when Heath's beautiful smiling face (from the SAG awards I think) was front and center on yahoo.com earlier this afternoon.  Anyone else catch this?  It was a blurb about how Depp, Law and Farrell were going to donate their salaries from Imaginarium to Matilda.

(Well, I think that is sort of an odd thing to do, but that's neither here nor there...)

Yes, I saw that on Yahoo today.  I feel like that's sort of old news, so I was curious about why Yahoo decided to feature that info today.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie