Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1144990 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2008, 10:02:56 am »
from the New York Daily News:

naked and facedown on his bed

Jesus H.! Must they keep repeating this?  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2008, 12:03:09 pm »
Jesus H.! Must they keep repeating this?  >:(

Yeah, doesn't it make you think of Elton John's tribute to Marilyn Monroe:

"All the papers had to say was that Marilyn was found in the nude."

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2008, 12:57:49 pm »
I looked back in this thread and didn't see this abomination mentioned anywhere, so forgive me if it's in another thread somewhere (and mods, feel free to delete if it is). I also did a search and didn't find it. I am posting only the link and not the full text, because the words themselves are so horrifyingly disrespectful that I don't even want to see them posted here. It's disgusting. The hideous disrespect to both Heath's memory and Michelle shown by this woman is mind-boggling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=510412&in_page_id=1773

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2008, 03:52:46 pm »
and then there is this cow...

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=my-life-is-madness&method=full&objectid=20300313&siteid=93463-name_page.html

Even if it true - I'm sorry but I'm a better looker than her.. if she managed to get Heath then there was hope for all of us.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2008, 04:06:05 pm »
and then there is this cow...

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=my-life-is-madness&method=full&objectid=20300313&siteid=93463-name_page.html

Even if it true - I'm sorry but I'm a better looker than her.. if she managed to get Heath then there was hope for all of us.

I found that article, too. I have been debating for a few hours whether or not to post the link.

Folks, be warned. This woman paints a very sad and tragic picture of Heath. The story (in a nutshell) is that he picked her up in a bar and they went back to his hotel together. The article is about the time they shared that evening. It occurred in December when he was in London. Be warned: drug use is involved.

It appears to be a tabloid magazine and who knows, the story might be rubbish. Unfortunately, I have a sad feeling that it is more or less true, although perhaps exaggerated.

If you are not in the mood to read something upsetting, don't click on the link.

L

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2008, 04:12:38 pm »
I ask you... if you spent a night with him and he confided in you... would you do this? They couldn't have beaten and tortured that out of me, even it was true.

But I don't understand how someone who was supposedly SO heavy into illegal drugs was found with absolutely no trace of any anywhere around him. If you have a substance abuse problem, it's not something you can just put down and pick up at will. Yes, people who are upset or depressed can sometimes drink more than they normally would, or occasionally take drugs (illegal or otherwise) to dull the pain. But that's very different from the picture being painted in these articles, which is of a man who could not function without cocaine and/or heroin, and was not fit to be around a child. And I'm sorry, but in the kind of world we live in today, if that were true, it would have come out before now.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:21 pm »
It appears to be a tabloid magazine and who knows, the story might be rubbish. Unfortunately, I have a sad feeling that it is more or less true, although perhaps exaggerated.

I don't feel it's true. That woman has the word liar all over her face. Some newspapers are sadly hungry for any story about Heath Ledger since there's nothing else to report. The topic it is still hot yet there's no news. The family has banned the media from the burial service and all memorial services so they have their reporters fishing for any story about Heath that could sell, and I am sure a lot aren't bothering in checking the veracity. Something tells me that this one in particular is not true. I think it is possible Heath did drugs. If he hung out with the likes of Mary Kate Olsen or Helena Christensen, he probably did drugs. Those two are known cokeheads. But this story in particular strikes me as bullshit.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:47 pm »
They give out these stories because they are offered considerable cash to tell them.  Whether they are accurate or not is impossible to tell.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2008, 04:19:29 pm »
I ask you... if you spent a night with him and he confided in you... would you do this? They couldn't have beaten and tortured that out of me, even it was true.

But I don't understand how someone who was supposedly SO heavy into illegal drugs was found with absolutely no trace of any anywhere around him. If you have a substance abuse problem, it's not something you can just put down and pick up at will. Yes, people who are upset or depressed can sometimes drink more than they normally would, or occasionally take drugs (illegal or otherwise) to dull the pain. But that's very different from the picture being painted in these articles, which is of a man who could not function without cocaine and/or heroin, and was not fit to be around a child. And I'm sorry, but in the kind of world we live in today, if that were true, it would have come out before now.

Very true, good points all.

But maybe a lap dancer who went to grammar school in Brighton (hell of a description, isn't it?) is seeking her 15 minutes of fame. So pathetic...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2008, 04:29:28 pm »
I'm sure there are many people here from the UK who can also attest to this... but I lived 8 years in London and read probably thousands of stories like this in the tabloids that simply were not true. And I worked in the media there.

But yes, there's a possibility this story is true. I've known many depressed men in my time, famous and otherwise, who have behaved exactly like this when miserable over a failed relationship. Men who normally wouldn't act remotely like this otherwise. Life happens. But some of the details in this piece are shockingly crass in their indiscretion and insensitivity. No amount of cash exists in this world that would have convinced me to do this. Some things just are not for sale, and should go to your grave with you.