Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1144350 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #630 on: February 12, 2008, 12:14:07 am »
"Access Hollywood" showed a tape of Heath's friends jumping in the ocean tonight.  They also had a picture of Michelle that they said was taken in the last day or so showing that she is back in New York.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

mvansand76

« Reply #631 on: February 12, 2008, 04:46:29 am »
"Access Hollywood" showed a tape of Heath's friends jumping in the ocean tonight.  They also had a picture of Michelle that they said was taken in the last day or so showing that she is back in New York.

Must be hard for her to be back and away from Heath's family...  :'(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #632 on: February 12, 2008, 07:57:10 am »

I posted a picture of her and a news article from People over on the "Remember Michelle's pain" thread. It said she is back in NY and back to work, filming scenes from Mammoth in SoHo, just blocks away from Heath's apartment.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #633 on: February 12, 2008, 12:28:55 pm »
I was just surfing some news websites and came across this (irritating) little article posted on msnbc.

For what it's worth...

Turning Ledger’s Death into Business
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23115629/
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #634 on: February 12, 2008, 12:36:47 pm »
I was just surfing some news websites and came across this (irritating) little article posted on msnbc.

For what it's worth...

A company offering tours of Heath,s apartment??? FFS. >:( >:(
The depths to which some people are prepared to sink too staggers me. That is showing a total lack of respect, not only for Heath,s memory, but his family and friends. Jesus Christ the poor guy has only been gone 3 weeks, and the vultures are out already. That,s just sick. Doesn,t anyone have any respect any more?  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #635 on: February 12, 2008, 12:44:02 pm »

For what it's worth...

I haven't read the article but from what souxi writes, that's just so sick! How can they do this?  ???  ???

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2008, 01:51:35 pm »

I haven't read the article but from what souxi writes, that's just so sick! How can they do this?  ???  ???

j. U. d. E.

At first I thought they were actually showing the inside of the apartment, but all they do is drive by the building:

“I suppose some people would say that (it’s in poor taste), but I hear what the public wants to know about,” said Dykes, who noted the stop was added at the request of customers.  It (where Ledger lived) is in the media, and of course people want to know about it. We point out the building and talk about the neighborhood, the rent he paid, his toxicology report. We mention everything that’s in the news.”

When you think about it, they're not doing anything that we haven't been doing here, except it's part of a tour that people pay for.  Like it or not, that building and Heath's passing have become part of the story of New York City.  Although it seems too soon, it's understandable to me.  :-\
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #637 on: February 12, 2008, 02:11:36 pm »
When you think about it, they're not doing anything that we haven't been doing here, except it's part of a tour that people pay for.  Like it or not, that building and Heath's passing have become part of the story of New York City.  Although it seems too soon, it's understandable to me.  :-\

And it may be a practical way for Heath Ledger fans -- I'm thinking visitors to NYC here -- who are hesitant to venture out to SoHo on their own to have an opportunity to say their "goodbye".

As for the "jokes" about Heath's death that are already making the rounds, I will always find them in poor taste.  :(

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #638 on: February 12, 2008, 02:32:47 pm »
There are jokes going around about Heath,s death????FFS. I must have missed the joke then because I can,t think of one damn thing remotely funny about it.  Some people are just beyond sick. Depraved I,d call it. Bastards. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #639 on: February 12, 2008, 02:37:30 pm »
Yeah, I feel lucky I haven't heard any.    :-\

The only jokes I can possibly see someone doing would relate to (what some see as) the bungling that day.

As in, "Gotta tellya, I had some bad chest pain the other day.  Mary-Kate's phone was busy so I had to go to the ER."