Author Topic: I was thinking of a special tribute for Heath...  (Read 18717 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: I was thinking of a special tribute for Heath...
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 11:26:16 pm »
I want some striped official websocks.  When we were first coming together as a community, I used to sometimes put on my hat that reminded me of Ennis's straw hat when I sat down to read BetterMost. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 01:03:59 am »
When we were first coming together as a community, I used to sometimes put on my hat that reminded me of Ennis's straw hat when I sat down to read BetterMost. 

Awwww!!! {{{Elle}}} That's an adorable image.  Thanks for sharing this tidbit of into with us.   :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 03:31:05 am »
I bought striped socks and a striped scarf today!  I wore the scarf home (it has the same color in it as Heath's famous purple hat), and I'm wearing the socks now.  They have become my official websocks.  ;D

You bought my scarf? And additionally striped socks at the same shopping trip? Meryl, you scare me  ;)

I was looking for striped socks last Saturday (found a pair) and came across a striped scarf. Purple, mind you. I bought both. Nobody will notice, since I've always loved stripes and own many striped items of clothing. But I know, that's enough.

I wore my purple striped scarf yesterday. Love it!

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 03:58:28 am »
 LOVE the idea.

Eventhough I've been wearing black since last Wednsday I did go buy a orange and purple check handknitted scarf and I've been wearing it every day. Mom is knitting me a purple hat, but I love my beige and brown beanie with big pompom. I don't know if there are any striped socks in the stores near by(very yuppie area) but a trip to the city will most likely turn up stripped socks. Ohh maybe the sports store has Rugby socks, I'll check it out. Red and White thats what Heath wore once,LOL.
Does anyone know when the funeral is in Perth? I had heard that is was to be either Friday or Saturday, Austrailia time(that would make it Thursday or Firday on the East coast,USA)
I like the taking and posting pictures part I'm curious to see.
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

mvansand76

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 05:06:35 am »
I love all your initiatives! :) It's so good to think of Brokies all over the world wearing funny socks, beanies, and lots and lots of stripes...

I am wearing lots and lots of stripes today: purple and green striped sweater and purple and beige striped cardigan with hood, and grey shorts (like the ones he wore at the I'm not there premiere) and brown tights and my green cowboy boots. People are staring at me here at work... LOL...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 07:52:42 am »
socks/shorts:

elsewhere, a--hat??

Such a fashion plate!

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 07:53:45 am »
LOVE the idea.

Eventhough I've been wearing black since last Wednsday I did go buy a orange and purple check handknitted scarf and I've been wearing it every day. Mom is knitting me a purple hat, but I love my beige and brown beanie with big pompom. I don't know if there are any striped socks in the stores near by(very yuppie area) but a trip to the city will most likely turn up stripped socks. Ohh maybe the sports store has Rugby socks, I'll check it out. Red and White thats what Heath wore once,LOL.
Does anyone know when the funeral is in Perth? I had heard that is was to be either Friday or Saturday, Austrailia time(that would make it Thursday or Firday on the East coast,USA)I like the taking and posting pictures part I'm curious to see.

Just read at another thread that the funeral probably won't be until next week now. Don't know how reliable that is, though.  :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 08:38:21 am »
socks/shorts:

I love the wrongly buttoned vest....  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 05:12:43 am »
socks/shorts:

When I read the article about Shem, and that he designed Heath's T shirt with the big red skull on it, I was thinking it would likely be this one, that we can't really see in this picture.

mvansand76

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 08:27:54 am »

When I read the article about Shem, and that he designed Heath's T shirt with the big red skull on it, I was thinking it would likely be this one, that we can't really see in this picture.

It looks like the Shell logo that is turned into a skull.

BTW- I had a t-shirt made with "Damn you, Ennis" on it.