Author Topic: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!  (Read 32075 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:40 am »
If one had only read the statement, it would still seem half-hearted, semi-apology at best. But to actually hear the words, to see Gibson's face? More mockery! It is the insult after the injury. Ugh!

I know I am naive, but now, given the media reaction (BRILLIANT for Olbermann! FANTASTIC for Abrams! Even GOOD for Scarborough!) I actually begin to think Gibson may yet have reason to fear his job. He is sufficiently vile AND sufficiently "small potatoes" to be a perfect scapegoat--and I'm sufficiently angry and sufficiently petty to hope that he could be fired. Gibson is no Imu$--we wouldn't see him back after a short interval in another lucrative venue, he just doesn't rate.

Oh, I wish someone would whisper something to Murdoch (who once *was* an Australian, after all) and send a thunderbolt--hah! Actually a rolled-up "News Corp" newspaper should do the trick--Splat!

You all did such a wonderful job with MSNBC--maybe you can beard Murdoch in his den???

I wish they would give us a way to quit him.  (John Gibson) ( FOR GOOD)

Beautiful mind

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2008, 01:18:31 pm »
I'm glad somebody took the time to update Wikipedia. Suspect the A-hole is just playing to his fan base.   Does he have a corporate sponsor? I'd like to contact them.  I have never watched the FAUX NEWS NETWORK so I am clueless.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2008, 03:26:22 pm »
From New York Magazine

Party Lines
1/25 | 12:50 PM

Heath Ledger Would Have Found Fox News Comments Funny, Friend Says

Talk of Heath Ledger's death continues to dominate the Sundance festival in Utah. "It was a terrible place to get this news," actor Brady Corbet, in Park City to promote Funny Games, told us yesterday.

"It was supposed to be a time for celebration, and now this town is just abuzz." Corbet, who was friendly with Ledger, says he's been disturbed by the tone of some of the gossip, particularly John Gibson's comments on his Fox radio show.

"All this Fox News shit, I couldn't believe it," he said. "It's so shocking and totally unacceptable.… The guy John Gibson should just be fucking shot."

Er…right. Let's move off that thought.

"The only thing that's charming about it," Corbet continued, "is that I know Heath would have gotten such a kick out of it. 'Oh, you played a gay cowboy so you were condemned to death.' I really think that Heath would have thought that was funny. He would love how it makes them look and how it sheds some light on how disgusting a corporation Fox is."

—Steve Ramos

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:14:17 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »
"The only thing that's charming about it," Corbet continued, "is that I know Heath would have gotten such a kick out of it. 'Oh, you played a gay cowboy so you were condemned to death.' I really think that Heath would have thought that was funny. He would love how it makes them look and how it sheds some light on how disgusting a corporation Fox is." —Steve Ramos

Well, that casts a more pleasant light on the situation.  And the quote made me smile.

;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2008, 12:15:31 am »
To quote Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation" when asked "Where are you gonna put a tree that big?": "Bend over and I'll show you..."

:laugh: :laugh:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »
I'm glad somebody took the time to update Wikipedia. Suspect the A-hole is just playing to his fan base.   Does he have a corporate sponsor? I'd like to contact them.  I have never watched the FAUX NEWS NETWORK so I am clueless.

You are absolutely right.  Contacting the corporate sponsors is what got Imus fired.  Does anybody know who they are?

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2008, 05:04:59 pm »
You are absolutely right.  Contacting the corporate sponsors is what got Imus fired.  Does anybody know who they are?

I bet you wouldn't have to dig too far to find out that Halliburton is.   ::)

I honestly don't know, but Rupert Murdoch is about the most shameless Neo-Con around, so I doubt much of any protest would make a dent with him.  Still, it's worth a shot.

That said, over on a political debate board in which I partake and on which are some of the other most shameless Neo-Cons around, there is *no one* who doesn't find Gibson's comments, and apology, nauseating.  And I mean these are people who usually gleefully defend the likes of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and everything associated with NASCAR and Wal-Mart.  They also unanimously think Fred Phelps is evil and vile.

For what it's worth.
No more beans!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2008, 05:11:23 pm »
If you wish to take action, I found this compiled list of people we can contact in order to help insure John Gibson and others at Fox News never commits such a hurtful atrocity like this again. They have flapped their smart assed mouths many times in the past, but John Gibson's latest cruel and heartless attack on Heath has more than crossed the line.

TAKE ACTION NOW!

Contact Fox News and ask its representatives why they continue to provide a platform for John Gibson's cruel and tasteless comments.

Please contact:

Mr. Mitch Davis
Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
1211 Avenue Of The Americas
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701
Direct Phone: *212-301-5800
Outlet Fax: *212-301-5455
Outlet Phone: 212-301-3000
Email: [email protected]

Mr. Robert Finnerty
Senior Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701
Direct Phone: *212-301-5800
Outlet Fax: *212-301-5455
Outlet Phone: 212-301-3000

Ms. Irena Briganti
Vice President of Public Relations
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-3608
Outlet Fax : *212-382-1411
Outlet Phone : 212-301-3000
Contact by: E-mail

Ms. Suzanne Scott
Vice President, Programming
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-8558
Outlet Fax : *212-382-1411
Outlet Phone : 212-301-3000

[email protected]
[email protected]

JOHN GIBSON
[email protected]

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2008, 05:14:42 pm »
I bet you wouldn't have to dig too far to find out that Halliburton is.   ::)

I honestly don't know, but Rupert Murdoch is about the most shameless Neo-Con around, so I doubt much of any protest would make a dent with him.  Still, it's worth a shot.

That said, over on a political debate board in which I partake and on which are some of the other most shameless Neo-Cons around, there is *no one* who doesn't find Gibson's comments, and apology, nauseating.  And I mean these are people who usually gleefully defend the likes of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and everything associated with NASCAR and Wal-Mart.  They also unanimously think Fred Phelps is evil and vile.

For what it's worth.

See there's hope for the world yet!

And David, 

Thanks for the info.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2008, 05:51:33 pm »

Yeah, I think people like that -- and throw in Ann Coulter while you're at it -- help gay rights more than they hurt it. No halfway intelligent and reasonable person wants to be seen as siding with those awful people.