Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 186812 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2008, 06:41:23 pm »
I'm trusting Peachy to scope that out, since she's local in Perth.  She can call florists and try to find out details from them, I hope.

We don't trudge around to florists at my place of work, Meryl. We make all out floral orders through the Interflora site. They have the best prices here in Australia. Is Peachy still visiting this thread? Will she know to do this?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2008, 06:43:56 pm »
We don't trudge around to florists at my place of work, Meryl. We make all out floral orders through the Interflora site. They have the best prices here in Australia. Is Peachy still visiting this thread?

I assume so, Kerry.  She'll let me know if she has any difficulties.  Thanks for your suggestions.  8)

Update:  23 PayPal donations totaling $769.00.  Six donations coming via mail.

To would-be contributors:  Go here for instructions on how to donate.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2008, 06:59:40 pm »
Important - Do not use the Paypal donate button on the right hand side of the forum to direct contributions to Meryl for this purpose.  It directs them to BetterMost instead, and it turns out cheaper for me and you to just refund mis-directed contributions instead of forwarding them.  Paypal charges fees for forwarding transactions.

If you have mis-directed a contribution intended for Meryl by sending it to BetterMost, please send me a PM so I can arrange a refund.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »
Okay, I sent mine!  I pictured half for ad, half for flowers, or whatever you think best, Meryl.  :-*

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2008, 07:26:01 pm »
Yes, I'm still checking the thread. :)   The Interflora flowers with the proteas look great.   Still no word on the funeral service though.  I'm hoping to learn which funeral company will handle the service and find out details from them.  I'm sure lots of other people are wanting to know.

Hope to sort out the ad/notice with The West this morning.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2008, 08:23:43 pm »
Yes, I'm still checking the thread. :)   The Interflora flowers with the proteas look great.   Still no word on the funeral service though.  I'm hoping to learn which funeral company will handle the service and find out details from them.  I'm sure lots of other people are wanting to know.

Hope to sort out the ad/notice with The West this morning.

Thank you, Peachy!  You're a peach.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2008, 08:34:41 pm »
Meryl, I'll be sending something on behalf of John and myself late tonight....
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2008, 08:35:10 pm »
Ta muchly for your feedback, Peachy.  :)

I just phoned the Interflora freephone number (freephone inside Oz only 1800 808 500) (for Interflora inquiries outside Oz phone +61 3 8517 1500), in the hope that they may have some news about where floral tributes for Heath are to be sent.

I advised them that I wanted to send a floral tribute to either the Ledger family or to Heath's funeral, through Interflora, but did not know where to send it.

I asked if I could make such arrangements, in the hope that Interflora would make the delivery, when the funeral particulars were released.

The Interflora staffer I spoke with advised me that they could not accept  such an order without a delivery address. He said Interflora would be pleased to take my order when I could provide them with a delivery address. Sure enough.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2008, 09:22:21 pm »
Update!!

The West does have copyright issues with the pic, mainly because of the Brokeback image in the background.  They were very nice about it and are trying to crop around the pic of Heath but may not be able to use it.  Anyway, they are going to get back to me on it.  Should we offer another pic taken by a Brokie?  Have two hours to provide one.  It looks like they will only run it as a notice.

Peachy

PS (((Mikaela)))

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Is there any way....
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2008, 10:18:37 pm »
Heya,

Well, should we go ahead and use picture option number 1?

Or, could we use another pic of Heath in his Ennis gear?  Like an outtake or something?  Are all photos of Heath dressed as Ennis copyrighted?  I, personally, really like the idea of using an Ennis photo... but, in the end maybe the nice black and white portrait of Heath would be just as nice.

Anyone have any great Ennis outtakes?  Divshare appears to be having a meltdown (at least for me) at the moment, so I can't access my cache of BBM images.  Grrrr.  Frustrating.

Leslie, I like the idea of supporting BetterMost in Heath's honor, but for myself, I think I'll make that contribution as a private expression of my own gratitude for this place.  Meanwhile, if anyone finds out whether the family has designated a charity or charities, I'll be glad to contribute to that, too.

Since Heath was a dear friend to all of us, even though he didn't know us personally, I like the idea of sending flowers and condolences, like anyone usually does when a friend or family member passes away.

Here's my suggestion for a notice we could have published in the Perth newspaper.  Please offer other suggestions if you have them.

The men and women of bettermost.net
extend our heartfelt condolences to the family
and friends of Heath Ledger.  We love and
respect Heath and thank him for the spirit
of positive change he has inspired in our lives.
He will always live in our hearts.

If we can include a picture, I like either of these.  Other suggestions?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie