Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188489 times)

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Is there any way....
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2008, 11:12:32 pm »
I think it'd be nice.

Especially in Perth.  I don't mean to dis anyone's ideas, but I don't get what putting something in Variety would accomplish.  For the Oscar snub, it made sense.  But for this?  Does Heath's family get home delivery of Variety? 

Again, I'm just speaking my initial thoughts, I'm not trying to be disrespectful.

Oh and I don't want to sound mean spirited but when I read the post, I thought the same thing. I think what this forum is doing makes more sense and is really (for those doing all the real work) a much greater and more thoughtful effort.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2008, 11:23:17 pm »
Update II

Okay, I have forwarded Mouk's pic to the classifieds department after another chat on the phone.  While the other pics of Heath are lovely, we don't know who took them and if they would infringe copyright.  I'd be wary of using them in my own paper for that reason.   

I'm sure the Mouk pic will tell the story for the family without words, and as Meryl said they can look up the website.  I think they'll understand.  :)

They'll let me know the cost once the notice is made up.

Hurrah for Peachy!  :-*  :-*  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2008, 11:23:49 pm »
Update II

Okay, I have forwarded Mouk's pic to the classifieds department after another chat on the phone.  While the other pics of Heath are lovely, we don't know who took them and if they would infringe copyright.  I'd be wary of using them in my own paper for that reason.   

I'm sure the Mouk pic will tell the story for the family without words, and as Meryl said they can look up the website.  I think they'll understand.  :)

Sounds really lovely.  Mouk's pic of the Alberta memorial is so beautiful and so personal.  It's a great tribute.  I understand the concerns about copyright... it probably really is best to err on the side of caution on that issue.

Great job Peachy.  Thank you so much.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2008, 11:42:04 pm »
Just posting again since I think my post got lost, can we sen American money in the mail? Or does it have to be a check?
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2008, 11:43:49 pm »
Thank you so much, Peachy. :)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2008, 11:50:57 pm »
Update II

Perfect. This is wonderful news indeed. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Peachy! And Meryl! And all who helped with their input and contributions.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2008, 11:53:56 pm »
Just posting again since I think my post got lost, can we sen American money in the mail? Or does it have to be a check?

It's never a good idea to send cash through the mail, Kristin.  I would suggest a check, money order or PayPal for safety's sake.

Update:  26 PayPal donations totaling $889.00, plus half a dozen checks coming in the mail.

To would-be contributors:  Go here for instructions on how to donate.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2008, 11:59:25 pm »
Thanks Meryl and Peachy. ;)

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2008, 12:27:55 am »
It's never a good idea to send cash through the mail, Kristin.  I would suggest a check, money order or PayPal for safety's sake.

Update:  26 PayPal donations totaling $889.00, plus half a dozen checks coming in the mail.

To would-be contributors:  Go here for instructions on how to donate.

Thanks Bud!  That seems like a pretty impressive total.  Way to go BetterMostians.  Is that for the newspaper notice only?  Or is that for the flowers too?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2008, 12:34:18 am »
Thanks Bud!  That seems like a pretty impressive total.  Way to go BetterMostians.  Is that for the newspaper notice only?  Or is that for the flowers too?

I'm waiting for word from Peachy as to the cost of the notice, but I'm hoping we have enough for both that and some really nice flowers.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...